Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest Victory or Death! Now with more Death!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I don't know when things changed in this quest but something has changed I have beat this quest 7 times solo and when I tried it today I got stomped twice. It seem like as soon as I attack bishop every one of the armada goes straight after nelson and kills every one who can heal him than they kill him. including my crew half of whom is on bed rest for the next 6 hours so I'm done for the day. I just wanted to know when it was updated to be harder it has 7 navy against what seems to be 15 or more armada and I can't get across the map fast enough to help. It happens within there turn so I don't have a chance to do anything to stop it. Has anyone else had this happen to them lately or am I seeing things. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
i assume you mean rooke? If so in my experience nelsons crew always heals him perhaps if you equiped an item that gave a fortress or absorb bubble spell and pit it on him that woukd probably help quite efficiently. If not i suggest you get a privateer to help protect him.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
If Nelson is in the battle you must be fighting Rooke. Use your fog ability and surround him. See if you can get a movement doubloon to help you move faster. Or you can try using Gracie's landmine to direct the enemy into a more favorable direction. If you don't have your fog ability surround Rooke by leaving one square of space between you and him. The next move he will come to you and you don't have to worry about knockback. El Toro's buff helps the marine's as well. If you have any damage blocking buffs put it on Nelson.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
The giant guy with the shield . the one on the boat

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I never could tell who is who

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sounds like you time-traveled back into the Beta version of that battle. I remember it being super-difficult to keep Nelson alive -- it was the main reason that battle was lost during testing.

Not sure which class of pirate you are playing this time, or which companions have been letting you down, but I know it is different for each. The previous posters gave some great advice, the best of which is to find items and companions that give you Powers to block damage on Nelson or heal him every turn.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
Sorry for not responding I went back the next day and got it the second try . I'm on my buccaneer I never had this much trouble with any of my other characters I have had a walk thru with all but this one I had a worse time with General Tso I lost 20 crew to bed rest the first day and 14 the next day but I finally got thru on the third day I don't know why this buccaneer was so much trouble to get thru but at least she is level 65 now so I can rest and start a new witchdoctor who If she is as good as my other one will be a walk thru as well Thank you every one for all the advice it did help and always does every one here is always such a big help even when I'm frantic and trying to figure out why something isn't working the same as it did with a other character. Thank You every one and please forgive me for not responding sooner.