Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your "dream team?"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
What I mean to say is, who is your favorite set of companions? In normal battles, you get the first three companions in your companions tab. I set mine to Monkey King, Sarah Steele, and El Toro. The three of them plus my Assassin's Strike attack combined took out a full-health musketeer in one turn. Sarah dies a lot quicker than the others, which is why I'm focusing on raising her Toughness.

No matter. Anyways, who is your "dream team?" Like I said before, mine is Monkey King, Sarah Steele, and El Toro.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't have a "dream team". Every battle and enemies are different and require different strategies. But in the Tower of Moo Manchu the companions that are used most frequently are: Subodai, Ratbeard or Samocles for floors one through four. Floors five and six require SBs imo so I use Fan, El Toro and either the Toreador or Mustang Sally. I save Sarah Steele for my encounter with the Nef-5. Floor nine I use Ratbeard and Gracie Conrad as per that wonderful article in Duelist, and if they survive I re-use them when facing Moo Manchu.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
CyanGirl on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
What I mean to say is, who is your favorite set of companions? In normal battles, you get the first three companions in your companions tab. I set mine to Monkey King, Sarah Steele, and El Toro. The three of them plus my Assassin's Strike attack combined took out a full-health musketeer in one turn. Sarah dies a lot quicker than the others, which is why I'm focusing on raising her Toughness.

No matter. Anyways, who is your "dream team?" Like I said before, mine is Monkey King, Sarah Steele, and El Toro.
My favorite set of companions? well...that would take some thinking....but right now I have mine set to Subodai, Steele, and Toro. (don't have monkey king yet ) Just liku u Cyan a good assasin strike and my companions would take out a musketeer in Mooshu, so right now I'm sticking to team mentioned before.

But, no hates to the other companions, cuz I still use them (set options for companions to first mate so every1 else is random) for my battles, so I have more of a challenge when fighting my enemies. But when I'm am in an epic fight, Steele, Toro, and Subodai are my dream team.

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 47 (woohoo leveled up! ^-^)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
CyanGirl on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:

Ah! An interesting topic! My dream team is Chantal Livingstone, Bonnie Anne, and Lefty. Once Agility buffs are used, no one can ever get close enough to damage us!

Ensign
Jul 24, 2010
My dream team for my Buccaneer: Kawil Doomclaw, Monkey King, and Kobe Yojimbo. This team isn't very good with defense, but they hit hard and have very good block. Besides, my Buccaneer has high defense and health to tank all the hits.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I really depends on who I am battling. But Ratbeard is usually involved.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
My dream team are the dream teams of the other people I am playing with. You made them great I make them beautiful baby

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
Musketeer: El Toro, Ridolfo Capoferro, and Chantal Livingston
I have been using this team since I got El Toro back in Cool Ranch. They are extremely efficient and I have never lost a battle with them. Actually I rarely lose a companion with this team.

Buccaneer: Peter Quint, Goronado, and Barnabus
I am only in Mooshu right now, but they are a great team. I love that my buffs effect all of them and that they all can charge at the enemy. All of us can attack them even if we're on the other side of the battle.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
It depends entirely on which pirate I'm running, but to be honest, I don't really have a dream team. I have crew members who don't get to come out and play as often as others, but that's simply because I don't much care for their looks or animations, not that they're not perfectly useful companions. They just don't fit in with my idea of what a pirate should look like. I'm an admitted genre-ist, but I'm trying to get better.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Most of my pirates don't have one. I almost always run with the "first mate" option selected (first mate always shows up, other two crew are random). Admittedly, some crew that I am not overly fond of will not be available because I have assigned them very important duties. But I usually have a fair number that can be selected.

Karic and his Banana Brigade are a bit different. He uses only primates. Since there are very few of them with more than one epic, for tough fights he only has available the Marquessa, Monkey King, Goronado, HooDoo Cornelius, and the Valveda Brothers.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jul 09, 2012
For a privateer, probably Lt. Springer, Lucky Jack Russell, and Handsome Dan. Privateer dogs FTW!
For a swashbuckler, probably Sarah Steele, Fan Flanders, and El Toro
For a buccaneer, probably Birgus Latro, Ratbeard, and Peter Quint
For a witchdoctor, probably Doctor Noh, Old Scratch, and Mormo
For a musketeer, probably Chantal Livingstone, Bonnie Anne, and Chicken Ranger

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Interesting question pirate,it depend on the pirate class. Even though i don't have a favorite companion set, there are some companions i use very frequently like Bonnie Anne, El Toro, Catbeard, Hawkules, Gorando, the centaur lady and Sarah Steel.These are the best Companions so far for storyline and PvPs.

Centaur lady is aquaried by the Emperor Bundle and Gorando unlocks upon 25 duels against Gortez, i bought him during a sale for 50 % off during last years 12 days in the spiral. If you want a mouse fencer on the other class, you can buy Lucy Starlings another great crown shop companion ( and the most popular of the five counter part of the Skull Karken/Ratbeard companion ).