Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Smuggler's outfits

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
First off, I love the new Black Market. Can't wait to get enough scrip to start buying! I have noticed something, though. The Smuggler's outfits appear to include both body wear and head wear in one item. Does anyone know yet if we can stitch BOTH outfits and hats onto the new gear? As cool as they look, I don't think I want to spend that much scrip and then loose the bonuses we gain from headgear because that slot gets wasted.

Developer
galliard1 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
First off, I love the new Black Market. Can't wait to get enough scrip to start buying! I have noticed something, though. The Smuggler's outfits appear to include both body wear and head wear in one item. Does anyone know yet if we can stitch BOTH outfits and hats onto the new gear? As cool as they look, I don't think I want to spend that much scrip and then loose the bonuses we gain from headgear because that slot gets wasted.
Each full set includes Boots, Outfit, and a Mask.

The Mask will cover your head, and it will hide your Hat, but you can still equip your Hat and gain its effects.

The Mask can be stitched with any Accessory item.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
galliard1 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
When I bought and stitched them in the test realm the Master Smuggler's outfit was stitched to my jacket, my hat was worn ( equipped ) under it. If things haven't changed, then your headgear remains unaffected.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Why does the Smuggler's Garb, Mail and Armor cost 5,000 Scrip and provide no bonuses while the Smuggler's Headgear and Boots (which cost 3,000 and 1,500 Scrip respectively) have bonuses? I know I will first be spending Scrip on what will help my statistics before the rest.

Community Leader
In my mind, it's a cosmetic matter. While I'd gladly take the outfits, the attached hat pieces aren't for me. I wonder if we'll get them divided in the future. That'd be my only recommendation for the already-awesome gear selection available in the Black Market.

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Developer
The Helpful Pirate on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
Why does the Smuggler's Garb, Mail and Armor cost 5,000 Scrip and provide no bonuses while the Smuggler's Headgear and Boots (which cost 3,000 and 1,500 Scrip respectively) have bonuses? I know I will first be spending Scrip on what will help my statistics before the rest.
Not everybody plays like that.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
I bought the Smuggler's Armor to stitch to my already awesome gear. I like the fact that it has no stats because I had already spent a LONG time farming for the gear I have (which I believe is the best Buckler gear in the game) and they would have to be some really really good stats and powers to make me want to change. To me the Smuggler's Armor is the coolest looking outfit in all of Pirate 101. I think there should be more strictly cosmetic items available in the Crown Shop and Black Market because if they are simply for appearance then no one can complain that you need to buy these things in order to have a strong pirate. Also...I love me some pirate bling.