Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Pirate reaches Level 8, gets quest CABIN FEVER

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
So, I started a new pirate and apparently the quest Cabin Fever, which introduces Captain's Cabins and scrip, becomes available at Level 8, with a summons from Mickey Dugan. The problem here is that my Level 8 pirate hasn't even finished the ghost rats' quests at Blood Shoals, much less upgraded to the parents' skiff. She hasn't done ANY side quests at all, so the questline here needs to be tweaked, or else the experience given by early quests needs to be dialed back quite a bit so that new pirates receive the quest at the proper point.

No scrip will be available to her for quite some time, aside from what Dockmaster Dan provides as this quest reward, so maybe he needs to tell her that as well. (The first scrip I have found is in Monquista.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
So, I started a new pirate and apparently the quest Cabin Fever, which introduces Captain's Cabins and scrip, becomes available at Level 8, with a summons from Mickey Dugan. The problem here is that my Level 8 pirate hasn't even finished the ghost rats' quests at Blood Shoals, much less upgraded to the parents' skiff. She hasn't done ANY side quests at all, so the questline here needs to be tweaked, or else the experience given by early quests needs to be dialed back quite a bit so that new pirates receive the quest at the proper point.

No scrip will be available to her for quite some time, aside from what Dockmaster Dan provides as this quest reward, so maybe he needs to tell her that as well. (The first scrip I have found is in Monquista.)
I thought the raft gets a cabin, too? Or am I wrong?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Yes the raft does get a cabin. It's a Wibbly Wobbly sort of thing as it is bigger on the inside

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Yes, the raft gets a cabin, but my point is Dockmaster Dan's dialogue says "I see you've upgraded" when in fact, you haven't.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
you don't have to accept it then if you want to stick to the storyline

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Willowydream on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Yes, the raft gets a cabin, but my point is Dockmaster Dan's dialogue says "I see you've upgraded" when in fact, you haven't.
He could mean you've upgraded from being a landlubber to a captain of your own fine... raft...

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Maybe my sense of humor is off this morning, but honestly, I was trying to be helpful, not get joke replies here.

Dockmaster Dan says exactly this: "Ahoy there, young Pirate! Well, ye've traded up from the creaking disaster of a ... er, I mean, that quaint boat ye got from Captain Avery."

You haven't. You still have that same raft, only now he's telling you that you have a Captain's Cabin, which many players may already have discovered on their own by exploring the sigils on their ship. Perhaps this comes at the wrong level, or perhaps they want to reword the dialogue so that it makes more sense.

Thank you for replying anyway, even if you didn't get my point here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In the old storyline using the old quests from Manny, Moe and Jack; a pirate had upgraded by level 8, now this is happening around level 9 - 10. But you're right this mention of 'up grading' might be confusing to a new player.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
it is confusing
but they can take it as a hit they will not use that train wreck anymore

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
In the old storyline using the old quests from Manny, Moe and Jack; a pirate had upgraded by level 8, now this is happening around level 9 - 10. But you're right this mention of 'up grading' might be confusing to a new player.
You did not also mention that they made the Manny, Moe and Jack quests non-linear again like before, yes? Their expansions made Pirates accept & complete the quests out of their intended linear order once again. We should always start with Manny after speaking to Lasko & finish his quests before going on to Moe's quests, & lastly, Jack's quests before we go to Jonah Town.They should re-instate & reinforce their linear order of quests like they did before the entirety of their quests were expanded to introduce better storylines, the improved pacing & more lore & new Zones added to Skull Island. Even though some pirates prefer to complete them in the linear order intended, others just go out of order & complete them, maybe try to do so all at once.