Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marco's map!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
This might sound weird and i am not quite sure but i think i found Marco's map! just to make sure though what is the thing on the floor in Marco's tomb? Is it just a cool decoration or dose it have something to do with plot of the game? I would be cool if you could get back to me on this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ignacio213 on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
This might sound weird and i am not quite sure but i think i found Marco's map! just to make sure though what is the thing on the floor in Marco's tomb? Is it just a cool decoration or dose it have something to do with plot of the game? I would be cool if you could get back to me on this.
Blind Mew DID say that that floor had some hidden meaning. He is sneaky that way :D

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I believe the spiral map on the floor of Marco Pollo's tomb is the standard Aquilan spiral map. You will notice that the world in the center, presumably Aquila, has 8 or 9 worlds linked to it by lines. These would be stormgate wormholes between these worlds.
Since Marco Pollo went to such trouble to keep his map to El Dorado secret, it wouldn't make much sense for it to be displayed on the floor of his tomb, would it?

There is another spiral map on a tapestry in the war room of the Marleybone Admiralty building. If the world in its center is Marleybone, and you correlate the two maps, keeping in mind that the worlds that connect to a given world are visible as you approach it via stormgate, you can label many of the worlds in the spiral, forming your own working spiral map and deducing how a clever pirate might get to each of the known worlds of the spiral.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Row4n412 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
I believe the spiral map on the floor of Marco Pollo's tomb is the standard Aquilan spiral map. You will notice that the world in the center, presumably Aquila, has 8 or 9 worlds linked to it by lines. These would be stormgate wormholes between these worlds.
Since Marco Pollo went to such trouble to keep his map to El Dorado secret, it wouldn't make much sense for it to be displayed on the floor of his tomb, would it?

There is another spiral map on a tapestry in the war room of the Marleybone Admiralty building. If the world in its center is Marleybone, and you correlate the two maps, keeping in mind that the worlds that connect to a given world are visible as you approach it via stormgate, you can label many of the worlds in the spiral, forming your own working spiral map and deducing how a clever pirate might get to each of the known worlds of the spiral.
I believe the map on the floor of Pollo's tomb has Valencia in the center. Somewhere along the way, we heard that Valencia is often depicted in the center of the spiral because it has more storm gates than any other world. It also makes sense that Valencian architecture would put Valencia in the center of the Spiral. Everyone likes to think that they're the most important people in the universe, after all, and Valencians are certainly not the exception.