Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Slightly Disappointed

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm enjoying celebrating p101 second year! The new items and return of the Halloween ship to the Crown Shop is great. BUT I'm slightly disappointed that we have no Birth-O-Ween quest line. I'm not asking for Jack Hallows to show up in Avery's Court ( he doesn't fit the pirate theme ) but why can't we have a Halloween quest?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I confess I was a bit surprised that the wrapped packages didn't have goodies in them last year, as their Wizard101 equivalents do. Last year at this time there were no pet snacks or pet equipment, so except for gold there wasn't much that could be put in them. I thought that since pet snacks and equipment were added, they could much more easily make the packages carry little rewards (with a slim chance of a pet or mount). But, no.

On the other hand, the black tiger is verrrrry cool!

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I have to admit to a mild case of disappointment as well. I was sort of hoping, with the long delay in the birthoween celebration being posted, that we'd have something super-special to look forward to. There are only so many jack o'lanterns you can blow out and confetti explosions you can enjoy with no other reward.

But the tiger is cool, and it's nice the ghostly galleon is back. And while they're not really to my taste, the masks and face painting is a nice touch. I wonder why you can dye the unicorn head, but not the horse (or is it vice-versa)?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been thinking of a Birth-o-Ween quest line for P101. I'm going to throw this out there for the message board community to enjoy ( or disagree with )
Scene: Avery's Court
When your pirate logs on, you hear Boochbeard announce, "Ahoy, young pirate! A special visitor has arrived, find him near the Miracle Shack!"
Your pirate travels to the Miracle Shack and sees:
Captain Hal Owen ( zombie pirate ) with a above his head.
Captain Hal has 3 quests suitable for levels 5 to 15
Bat News - hordes of blood bats have invaded the Temple of Gloom ( Skull Mountain ) defeat 5; the bats are level 2 - 4.
Lucky number 13 - Find 13 black cats scattered through out SI, Flotsam, & Trade Winds ( excluding Port Regal )
Throw me a Bone, Mate - Hal wants you to help him 'reconstruct' his left arm! Sail to the Lonely Lighthouse and fight the zombies & skeletal warriors there. Collect & bones.
Complete the quests and get these rewards - House Items: bunch of balloons ( just like the balloons decorating Skull Island ) A triple tier cake with orange frosting & a cackling jack o lantern.

Ratbeard's quest - Ratbeard tells you he's feeling sick, Old Scratch says that you must go to Vadima, she tells you ratbeard is under a curse.
Son of a Gunn - Captain Gunn returns and places a curse on Ratbeard for stealing his treasure! Find the Ever Night Vortex ( does not exist except in my imagination ) to confront Captain Gunn. Defeat him, and he will acknowledge you as his true heir and forgive Ratbeard: reward - Son of a Gunn badge.
Reward - House item: parrot on a perch.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
i don't believe the holiday Halloween fits the pirate world. yes we have ghost ships and such added to the game again, and more things. but when I see Halloween I don't see it with pirate101. maybe they could have had a quest with something to do with a ghost ship. but we already have celestial Marie for that. maybe it will be something big next year.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
I've been thinking of a Birth-o-Ween quest line for P101. I'm going to throw this out there for the message board community to enjoy ( or disagree with )
When your pirate logs on, you hear Boochbeard announce, "Ahoy, young pirate! A special visitor has arrived, find him near the Miracle Shack!"
Bat News - hordes of blood bats have invaded the Temple of Gloom ( Skull Mountain ) defeat 5; the bats are level 2 - 4.
Lucky number 13 - Find 13 black cats scattered through out SI, Flotsam, & Trade Winds ( excluding Port Regal )
Throw me a Bone, Mate - Hal wants you to help him 'reconstruct' his left arm! Sail to the Lonely Lighthouse and fight the zombies & skeletal warriors there. Collect & bones.
Complete the quests and get these rewards - House Items: bunch of balloons ( just like the balloons decorating Skull Island ) A triple tier cake with orange frosting & a cackling jack o lantern.

Ratbeard's quest - Ratbeard tells you he's feeling sick, Old Scratch says that you must go to Vadima, she tells you ratbeard is under a curse.
Son of a Gunn - Captain Gunn returns and places a curse on Ratbeard for stealing his treasure! Find the Ever Night Vortex ( does not exist except in my imagination ) to confront Captain Gunn. Defeat him, and he will acknowledge you as his true heir and forgive Ratbeard: reward - Son of a Gunn badge.
Wow, I love the Son of a Gunn badge. VERY clever. That parrot sounds cool too :D

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Those sound fun, anecorbie. I'm looking at the pre-edited post, so if they change, I'm meaning those.

Where would you place the Ever Night Vortex, which clearly appears only once a year? All of the areas you suggested are bright and sunny, so this would make a nice contrast. I wonder if putting it in the Corsairs channel would make that area too crowded?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
Those sound fun, anecorbie. I'm looking at the pre-edited post, so if they change, I'm meaning those.

Where would you place the Ever Night Vortex, which clearly appears only once a year? All of the areas you suggested are bright and sunny, so this would make a nice contrast. I wonder if putting it in the Corsairs channel would make that area too crowded?
Yes Corsair's Channel is too crowded, I was envisioning it somewhere between Jonah Town & Skull Island.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
WitchDoctor Webb on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
i don't believe the holiday Halloween fits the pirate world. yes we have ghost ships and such added to the game again, and more things. but when I see Halloween I don't see it with pirate101. maybe they could have had a quest with something to do with a ghost ship. but we already have celestial Marie for that. maybe it will be something big next year.
Really? Don't undead skeletons, drowned zombies, witchdoctors, bats, ghosts and spectres fit in with halloween really well?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011

We need a prophecy in here...

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
maybe freddy and his gang will vist on the 31st...well...i welcome you to captain fazbeard's pizza tavern. hehhehhehheh.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"i don't believe the holiday Halloween fits the pirate world...

Posted by WITCHDOCTOR Webb??

Despite Oct. being Pirate's month, the Wizards have had a much grander 30 days than we pirates. We have a new pet and three or four new facepaint/mask options, where Wizard received a new card pack and a new bundle card. Ah well, we received a new card pack as well, just a bit early, I suppose. I was just anticipating more hoopla and new shineys as the month progressed. Maybe they have saved something really big for tomorrow.

-Indigo

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I believe the issue stems from the fact that the holiday and Pirate101's anniversary are so close to each other. There are distinct 30 days for each event in Wizard101, but in Pirate101 they are almost simultaneous. I too get the impression that there are less things to do in celebration of Pirate101's anniversary. I too would like more events to celebrate the anniversary.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I thought the cursed monument was a Halloween quest or maybe it was only introduced in Halloween? xd