Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rams

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
As We all know ship battles are always tough, because nautical xp is nearly impossible to keep up with. So i had an idea. Wha if we could equip our ships with a ram? (Idea Courtesy of AC4) The idea here is that our ship would have a spike in the front like real pirate ships did, and we could run that into an enemy ship to cause it damage. It would make battles a bit more easy/enjoyable, at least for me anyways

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
GoldRoseKnight on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
As We all know ship battles are always tough, because nautical xp is nearly impossible to keep up with. So i had an idea. Wha if we could equip our ships with a ram? (Idea Courtesy of AC4) The idea here is that our ship would have a spike in the front like real pirate ships did, and we could run that into an enemy ship to cause it damage. It would make battles a bit more easy/enjoyable, at least for me anyways
Great idea! And maybe if you rammed someone then boarded them there would be little spaces where you couldn't go which stand for holes.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I don't what it is with people and nautical xp. My nautical level is always about 2-3 levels below my actual level and I don't farm. I suggest you guys just do side quests. If you do them then you will be fine.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
That's an interesting idea, but it might be hard to implement, since we can apparently sail through each others' ships anyway. How would you handle the ramming? How to avoid ramming your fellow pirates' ships? Can they ram us? Would we have to put into port and spend time and money repairing a rammed ship?

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Agreed, ship battles in general need to be changed a bit.

Its not that they are "hard" its that they are tedious because most ship tasks come in bulk (6 ships, 5 ships) and if you are not up to nautical level, you have to either use pots for 1 ship, or board and take an hour to finish the quest.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
FrozenPirate on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
I don't what it is with people and nautical xp. My nautical level is always about 2-3 levels below my actual level and I don't farm. I suggest you guys just do side quests. If you do them then you will be fine.
when you own many pirates of many classes, nautical leveling your ships becomes tedious.