Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Skill A Little Ridiculous?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I mean, +25% WEAPON DAMAGE? That is MAD crazy on swashbuckler enemies, plus its UNAVOIDABLE making swashbuckler dodges useless. +50% Accuracy? What the heck? Witchdoctor can do absolutely nothing about it, the swashbucklers will just casually walk on over, kill a companion with one crit hit, and ya know, slap the rest of my crew in the face!

Dead-Eye Luke - Currently mad at swashbucklers dealing 500 damage per basic attack

Developer
So don't let him "walk on over."

Piratey only applies on the opponent's side of the board-- anywhere in your setup zone. Usually that will be the last 2 or 3 rows on your side.

In ship to ship combat, "your side" is anywhere on the deck of your own ship.

It's avoidable if you stop playing like a turtle and start playing like a pirate.

You don't have to advance all the way over to his setup zone (although, if you also have Piratey, that's a good idea) but you should at least move out to the center of the battleboard.

(And yes, I know Swashbucklers are fast, and if they get the first turn, they can sometimes get to you on the first turn.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
I mean, +25% WEAPON DAMAGE? That is MAD crazy on swashbuckler enemies, plus its UNAVOIDABLE making swashbuckler dodges useless. +50% Accuracy? What the heck? Witchdoctor can do absolutely nothing about it, the swashbucklers will just casually walk on over, kill a companion with one crit hit, and ya know, slap the rest of my crew in the face!

Dead-Eye Luke - Currently mad at swashbucklers dealing 500 damage per basic attack
Time to do some strategic planning. Check out The Spar Chamber section and you will be able to glean some nice strategies to use.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:

Witchdoctor's have the ability to port to the other side of the board, putting them in enemy territory. You also have swashbuckler companions, make use of them.

Strategy, strategy, strategy, I can not emphasis this enough, you have to come up with a plan, if something is not working for you, try something else.

The very definition of insanity is to keep trying the same exact thing, expecting a different outcome.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
So don't let him "walk on over."

Piratey only applies on the opponent's side of the board-- anywhere in your setup zone. Usually that will be the last 2 or 3 rows on your side.

In ship to ship combat, "your side" is anywhere on the deck of your own ship.

It's avoidable if you stop playing like a turtle and start playing like a pirate.

You don't have to advance all the way over to his setup zone (although, if you also have Piratey, that's a good idea) but you should at least move out to the center of the battleboard.

(And yes, I know Swashbucklers are fast, and if they get the first turn, they can sometimes get to you on the first turn.)
Even if we are mesmerizing mesmerists and tricking bokors?To me it usually seems more lucrative to stay put if my position is a good one,where I can do much.I usually do command my crew to board their ship and avoid making them Piratey,while I stay put and do the stuff I like to do...(repetitive buffing,Blasting the Skies with Mojo,throwing daggers,sending forth death on my enemies,claiming their very life force as my own etc,many of which are much easier thanks to some of the new Tower of Moo manchu stuff)
I use Shadow Step very frequently,and with it,there is a certain degree of Omnipresence,I can be anywhere.And I usually have Baron Samedi's Battle Standard somewhere in there to plant.Even in the case or that Old Scratch or someone else don't show up,Cadaver's Chanty summons a musketeer,who I've noticed,isn't too keen on useless moving around.So summoning him on the battle standard can be helpful...

Anyways,back to the main topic.If you don't want them to get to you,get to them!