Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Piratin', A Love Story

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 24, 2010
Ahoy Pirates!

I just had to take a few minutes to write a love note about P101. I am having a wonderful time sailin' the Skyways these days; the game has grown and matured over the past several months and the updates and changes are obviously geared toward player needs and desires. The graphics are beautiful and game play is fresh to this previously burned out Pirate. Canny B is level 31 and sailin' on toward Marleybone with a good wind. Iridian Moone is taking a slow current through the (new to me) early level content with a great friend. I am thrilled and impressed with the additions to Skull Island quests. I had a little cry when I first met the Aztecans in the Ruins. Some of you know what I mean, I'm sure.

Questing is fun and varied; I love that I might travel afoot, amount, or aship during any one long quest. This makes travel novel and interesting, and it turns what might otherwise be a grind into pleasure. The challenge level is generally good; I like to encounter enemies who make me think and stretch my skills. Quests are organized so that I can usually play for a couple of hours and make significant progress. I find it easy to get to a good stopping point without feeling I've left tasks undone. It's really nice to feel satisfied with my "work" after a couple of hours of game play. Perfect for this lady gamer.

Pets are pretty new to me in terms of training and learning about their talents and skills. I have done a couple of pet matches and really enjoyed the dynamics of the battles. The pet training process is easy and doesn't interfere with time spent piratin' and lootin'. My Baby Blue, Scrimshaw Drake, is a loyal battle companion, he kicks enemy booty; I certainly appreciate his heal, especially when he keeps Kan Po alive for me, lolz.

Ships are my favorite aspect of the game. I so enjoy skyway battles, especially when I can smash the enemy ship without being boarded. I really like the timing aspect to using weapons, it reminds me that patience (even for just 4 seconds) is a virtue! I like equipping my ships, too. My only wish is that we may enter the interior of our ships in the future.

Companions are a real pleasure for me, I like their looks, their personalities, and their stories. I l view battles as mini chess matches, and it's great to have the ability to customize companions for my play style. Kan Po and Bonnie Ann remain my favorite and most loyal companions, and lately I've been looking toward bringing Ratbeard and Jack Russell into regular use. As my play style evolves, my companions grow along with me. Plus, soloing is never really soloing with worthy companions by my side.

So yeah, I am in love with this game, again, and likely for a very long while to come. Thanks Kings Isle, for bringin' a little hoodoo to my day. I'm proud of what Pirate101 has become in the last year.

Toasting Y'all with Yum,

Canny B and the Sisters Moone

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Canny B Moone on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy Pirates!

I just had to take a few minutes to write a love note about P101. I am having a wonderful time sailin' the Skyways these days; the game has grown and matured over the past several months and the updates and changes are obviously geared toward player needs and desires. The graphics are beautiful and game play is fresh to this previously burned out Pirate. Canny B is level 31 and sailin' on toward Marleybone with a good wind. Iridian Moone is taking a slow current through the (new to me) early level content with a great friend. I am thrilled and impressed with the additions to Skull Island quests. I had a little cry when I first met the Aztecans in the Ruins. Some of you know what I mean, I'm sure.

Questing is fun and varied; I love that I might travel afoot, amount, or aship during any one long quest. This makes travel novel and interesting, and it turns what might otherwise be a grind into pleasure. The challenge level is generally good; I like to encounter enemies who make me think and stretch my skills. Quests are organized so that I can usually play for a couple of hours and make significant progress. I find it easy to get to a good stopping point without feeling I've left tasks undone. It's really nice to feel satisfied with my "work" after a couple of hours of game play. Perfect for this lady gamer.

Pets are pretty new to me in terms of training and learning about their talents and skills. I have done a couple of pet matches and really enjoyed the dynamics of the battles. The pet training process is easy and doesn't interfere with time spent piratin' and lootin'. My Baby Blue, Scrimshaw Drake, is a loyal battle companion, he kicks enemy booty; I certainly appreciate his heal, especially when he keeps Kan Po alive for me, lolz.

Ships are my favorite aspect of the game. I so enjoy skyway battles, especially when I can smash the enemy ship without being boarded. I really like the timing aspect to using weapons, it reminds me that patience (even for just 4 seconds) is a virtue! I like equipping my ships, too. My only wish is that we may enter the interior of our ships in the future.

Companions are a real pleasure for me, I like their looks, their personalities, and their stories. I l view battles as mini chess matches, and it's great to have the ability to customize companions for my play style. Kan Po and Bonnie Ann remain my favorite and most loyal companions, and lately I've been looking toward bringing Ratbeard and Jack Russell into regular use. As my play style evolves, my companions grow along with me. Plus, soloing is never really soloing with worthy companions by my side.

So yeah, I am in love with this game, again, and likely for a very long while to come. Thanks Kings Isle, for bringin' a little hoodoo to my day. I'm proud of what Pirate101 has become in the last year.

Toasting Y'all with Yum,

What a wonderfully written and brilliantly said "Love Story" I could not agree with you more. Well done and heartedly yarred.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This is a wonderful, well written 'love note' to a game we all enjoy! Thank you for posting and welcome to the Message Boards, Canny B & the sisters Moone!
Esperanza Devereaux level 65
et al

Ensign
Jan 24, 2010
Wahoo! Canny B is level 35 and still sailin' along in style.

Thanks for the lovely comments on my love note!

x buys a round of yum for the house x

Cheers!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Welcome back my friend, it is great seeing you here again, it has been way too long.

I am thrilled you like all the new changes and additions, this is truly a remarkable game.

If you ever need anything or a helping hand, don't hesitate to call me, I can even walk you through everything you ever wanted to know about pets... lol

Cya in the spiral Canny B. and welcome back, you were very much missed!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Wow, superbly done and so true in every word. I am simply head-over-heals in love with your "Love Story" and this game for that matter-- hey a machismo pirate can show his softer side, can't he?

Congratulations on hitting level 35 and for such a finely stated and expressed post. Smooth sailing to you in the Spiral and in life!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Wow! Fantastically written, and completely true! You have summed up everything I love about Pirate101! It is a delightful game that I can play for hours on end. Well done with this wonderfully written 'love note', I give you a hearty yar!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
tis be some of the most powerful and sweet word any pirate has said about this, and I majorly respect that miss Canny B. Moone, it be clear that we have a very passionate pirate player amongst these skyways and I would to say Welcome aboard to the boards miss Canny B. Moone.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
Jan 24, 2010
Y'all are sweet as fresh squeezed yum punch

I'll take any and all offers to help me acclimate to pets AND to help me with my 5 pages of quests. 5, yes 5 pages of quests.

Thanks again for the lovely warm welcome,

Canny B