Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious back stab

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Kronosroses on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
if it is wrong to drink the potion why do we have to get a badge for it
It's not wrong to drink the elixir. I think it's a great feature. Face it people...we're pirates. Even the sweetest and kindest among us has thought...if only for a moment...hmm, should I drink the potion? The answer is yes. Everyone one should try it at some point. The badge and the effect it gives you are very cool. Also, it is standard operating procedure now for the one who drinks to un-equip all their gear and their pet before beginning the battle. One little tip I'd like to pass along in regards to the Nefarious Privateer is that you should assign the task of eliminating her to someone who has a couple of 'hiddens' in their line up because otherwise, whoever attacks the Privateer will get charmed and turn on their comrades. The person going after the Privateer should also choose a companion with 'hidden'. I am a Swashbuckler so I am usually the one who takes on the Privateer. I use Keisuke as my companion for this battle because he has 'hidden' but he does not have that pesky Repel Boarders talent that causes Kan Po to blow his cover before reaching the target. For other Swashbucklers, I wouldn't rely on Black Fog alone because it doesn't always pop up right away and time is of the essence, especially when the person going after the badge starts saying, "Um, guys...you ARE gonna win this battle...right?" Rest assured, after Keisuke and myself hit the Privateer with our hidden one-two punch, it's pretty much a done deal. Lastly, even though we are pirates, we operate by a code of honor. It's a 'do unto others' kinda thing. Treat people the way you would like to be treated and you will have much more fun in the Tower.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I just took my musketeer through that ( horrible ) Tower! Let me tell you, it was a complete nightmare! First our team privy wanted to drink the elixir, so we all said "ok" ( I had done two other towers with a 'imbiber' so wasn't expecting real trouble ).
Hah! The Nefarious 5 pwned us totally! We healed up and returned to the tower and did that battle under normal conditions.
We finally finished the Tower but in our final battle, one of our team mates didn't return ( I think he had to go to bed, school, you know ).
An extra companion during the Nef-5 battle might have helped, but I doubt it.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
The nefarious five fight isn't all hard, just because you can only have one companion doesn't make it hard. Have a method, kill one at a time, that's what I do and I suggest that's what other people should do to make it easier for themselves. I also have to say what a bunch of time this wastes for me to be doing this tower, I'm not saying I am disappointed but I have done this tower eight times now. I got the Buccaneer weapon on my Musketeer which is annoying and that is the only rare item I have ever gotten from that dungeon. It just wastes three hours of my time and for all that work I get nothing, in my free time I use it into doing this dungeon but seem to have no luck at all into getting something I really, really need.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
I just took my musketeer through that ( horrible ) Tower! Let me tell you, it was a complete nightmare! First our team privy wanted to drink the elixir, so we all said "ok" ( I had done two other towers with a 'imbiber' so wasn't expecting real trouble ).
Hah! The Nefarious 5 pwned us totally! We healed up and returned to the tower and did that battle under normal conditions.
We finally finished the Tower but in our final battle, one of our team mates didn't return ( I think he had to go to bed, school, you know ).
An extra companion during the Nef-5 battle might have helped, but I doubt it.
I haven't done the Tower with my musketeer yet, but of course I will do it with all 5 of my pirates. The two best runs I've had were when we had two totally different types of teams and each time one of us drank the elixir. The very best run was with myself (the Undisputed World Swashbuckling Champion of the Universe) a Witchdoctor, a Musketeer and a Privateer. The diversity of our team made it easy to adapt to every situation we faced and we finished the Tower in just over 2 hours. The second best run was with a team of all Swashbucklers. We all had so many Hiddens and Assassins Strikes that the damage we were able to do was mind boggling. We finished in about 2 1/2 hours. It was great and by far the most fun I've had playing P101 for a long time. This was really an excellent update and everyone I know loves it. The no trade weapons drops are kind of a bummer, though. My Swashbuckler now how an impressive collection of Witchdoctor and Buccaneer gear that will go forever unused. The selling price for these items should be much higher if we can't give them to our other pirates. On the bright side, however, I look very stylish in my Moo Man Chu gear. I have the entire set and the boots give +18 dodge while the outfit enables you to summon a group of warriors who all have Hold the Line rank 3. Yee hah. Yup, pirating has been very good to me.