Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For Everyone who Couldn't Come to the Last Party

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
I may have kind of sort of maybe missed the last party, and I believe a couple others did as well, so I hope I'm qualified to throw another party for the heck of it!

Date: TBA

Time: TBA

Place: Starting in Avery's Office, I don't know where it may migrate from there! Realm Vadima, as always.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Of course, anyone is qualified to throw a party. But here are some hints about throwing parties that I have learned through my attempts.

1)Choose a day that the majority of people would have off, such as a weekend, or maybe a holiday.
2)Choose a date that is far enough in advance that everyone has time to see the post, check their calendars and respond. I usually pick a date that is at least a week ahead of when I post the party announcement.
3)Don't forget to post a time, and the time zone. I like to evenings, since the majority of players are available then, most will have already eaten dinner and such. And, don't forget, we have pirates from all over the world who play and party, so it's very important to post the time zone.
4)well, you already have a realm posted so please ignore this one.

I also find that's it's a good idea to make sure that there are no other parties occurring on the same days as yours, and that your party has something unique about it, whether it's the meeting place, or one of the planned activities. But, don't try to schedual the party activities too much, these parties tend to just drift off into the spiral, and whatever happens, happens.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
May I make another suggestion?

Give an ending time as well as a beginning time so people don't search in vain for the party after it has ended.

Aso, once the date, time, and place is announced, re-announce it with every post, so people don't have to go searching through the thread to find the final time and place.

The biggest problem is the moderation of the board. It could take hours for any post to show up, so, please, make one last post the day before, and everyone else, PLEASE don't respond.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Update:

Time:
Starting - 6:00 PM
Ending - 8:30 PM

Date: September 6th

Place: Avery's Office, Realm Vadima

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Update:

Time:
Starting - 6:00 PM
Ending - 8:30 PM

Date: September 6th

Place: Avery's Office, Realm Vadima
Which time zone?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Eastern, sorry. Eastern American if there's another type of Eastern. Well, just EST.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
To make this more convenient for everyone, the final time/date is September 6th, in Realm Vadima, in Avery's Office from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM EST time.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Please post "I'm coming" if you're coming.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Is there a theme or events planned?

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I be down to parrrrrty anytime/anywhere.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
Is there a theme or events planned?
It's one of those sit around and sigh about how the summer's ending parties. Like the last one but different. Maybe a bit of PvP?

Ensign
Jun 26, 2012
I'm coming! What sort of things will we be doing during the party?

Sean The Privateer

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello, I hope to be able to make it to your party. I am not 100% positive as to whether I will be able to yet, but will better know next week some time. My son starts up baseball this upcoming week and we haven't received practice scheduling info yet. And weekends are a bit busy to begin with, for my family.

But if able to, I surely will join in on the Spiral partying.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012