Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dang, STILL no Book 15! (Goodbye...Sorta.)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I thought for sure the Book would be out! But no, it had to be the nefarious tower and another improvement update. And i'll bet it's going to be like the Waterworks now. Not going to check since I have to get to bed in a bit.

As of now, I am going to not play Pirate101 until I get Book 15, because i'm tired of doing NOTHING all day on Pirate101. I will be going on the Test Realm a few times, but that's it. I have officially lost my patience and cannot keep waiting. Because of this update, now we're going to have to wait next year just for 1 book! :(

Goodbye, Pirate101. It was nice knowing you.

Petty Alicia Cog

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
itsamemario4 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
I thought for sure the Book would be out! But no, it had to be the nefarious tower and another improvement update. And i'll bet it's going to be like the Waterworks now. Not going to check since I have to get to bed in a bit.

As of now, I am going to not play Pirate101 until I get Book 15, because i'm tired of doing NOTHING all day on Pirate101. I will be going on the Test Realm a few times, but that's it. I have officially lost my patience and cannot keep waiting. Because of this update, now we're going to have to wait next year just for 1 book! :(

Petty Alicia Cog
WOW, that seems a bit harsh Alicia.

You do realize that with the most recent updates (last 2), KI is doing everything in it's power to provide a much more enriching, polished and engaging gaming experience for pirates of all levels-- not just maxed pirates. I don't understand how players can be upset with a company that actually cares about the players gaming experience. Sure we have to wait every once in a while. But in the meantime, KI is providing us with so many ways to make the game more enjoyable. I have read threads/posts on various P101 sites that rant and complain about how KI doesn't care. This can not be further from the truth and quite frankly I don't get it at all. I have never witnessed a gaming company that cares any more about the player, than KI does.

With these new updates and the last ones, they are addressing so many suggestions and wishes of the P101 community. The game isn't about just satisfying those that are maxed, it's about making the game the best it can be for players that were there from the beginning and brand new players that join now and in the future. Surely you must see that KI has put so much effort into listening and responding to player feedback. It blows my mind when I read posts (not singling out yours, keep in mind) stating that KI doesn't give a hoot about the players, especially right after KI has come through with updates based on player requests, wants and wishes. The things that we write about and desire for the game, they are actually providing to us.

It's not just about blazing through new contents and worlds, it is about providing the players with a complete and truly amazing gaming experience. Sometimes this requires us to wait it out while they sort through feedback and then give us what we, the community, have asked for. With the last 2 updates they addressed soooooooooo much player feedback and requests and have made the game more enjoyable and fulfilling for players of all types and levels. If you read the forums on the various P101 sites, you will see requests that we the players put out there. Likewise, if you look at the updates, you will see so many of those requests fulfilled and added to the game-- all from a company that supposedly doesn't care about it's players.

Now I would much rather have a complete and fantastic gaming experience, with as much detail and depth as possible, then to just blaze through new worlds and content that comes up a bit empty because of dealing with impatient players. The new content and worlds will be here at some point, in the meantime take the time to actually enjoy all of the wonderful offerings that KI has provided to us via the most recent updates.

I am maxed, but this game is not solely about you or me or all of the other maxed pirates waiting impatiently. It is about the Pirate101 community as a whole and I am grateful that KI cares as much about a player who joins tomorrow as they do for all us already maxed players out there.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Well, I don't know if you knew this but Blind Mew said that he would be surprised if Book 15 didn't come out this year. They plan updates in advance so they knew this improvement update would happen probably when he stated this. I would guess that Book 15 would come out in November or December, and if unforeseen complications arise, then in January or February.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
itsamemario4 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:

Petty Alicia Cog
I doubt it will be that long of a wait. KI knows the problems of making players wait for too long for new content. Notice that Blind Mew has been almost entirely silent on the subject, this means he's busy ( and busy is good )
When evil, teasing hints begin showing up on the update notes and newsletter, we'll know that chapter 15 is coming. We have shown the patience of JOB, and will soon receive the sweet reward of our patience.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sorry to see you go but KI has been up front about this from months ago. This tower was the big surprise they had planned for us as something fun to keep us busy while they finished up the work on the new book. This was never designed to be the book update, it was our treat to make our wait enjoyable.
I think KingsIsle is wonderful for going to all this trouble to give us something this fun and challenging to do while we wait. The drops are awesome and the improvements are fantastic. There is SO much to do now and it will keep me busy until we find El Dorado.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I think Kingsisle is doing a great job. They did mention their issues trying to get Book 15 up, and it gives me plenty of time to relax and do other things like Farming, training pets, and training other characters. Besides, something tells me that Kingsisle hasn't given up on us yet. They do care about the community at least. Maybe in 3-4 months the new update will come. But I don't really care how long it takes. This gives other people too a lot of them to work on other things. Kingsisle works pretty hard to keep us busy while we wait for a bit.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Patience is vital in games like these. Other gaming companies would be rushing to meet the demands of their customers and they'd end up making bad and cobbled-together updates. One company I know is asking $500 for a extremely rare in-game unit, with only a different color scheme than the original. That shows that they are running out of money to develop because their gamers are rushing them. We DO NOT want KI to end up the same way. When Nefarious Tower goes live, you can do that a lot to get good items and LOTS of gold to prepare for the next worlds. Just be patient........good things come to those who wait.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hey! I know that some people really want the next book, but at the same time I think its important that quality comes over quantity. In my opinion, I think Wizard101 started bring out quantity first, and as such had a lot of bugs and other things that didn't get fixed. Things like the cool ranch revamp is what makes me really enjoy Pirate101 better than wizard101. I am pretty sure that this next book is going to be just as good as Marleybone/Aquila. It will be here in time...

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
OCTOBER!!! I keep telling you, it will be October, and I have a very logical reason why, that has to do with the balance between Crown and Subscription players.

Up to now, Subscription players had the less expensive alternative. After only six months, you could play in the same area that Crown players would pay four times to access. However, at the second anniversary, that evens out.

Just watch. The next world will come out in October, and it will be the second part of Valencia. And we could find that Darkmoor is included in that update.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Whenever it arrives, it will be amazing and thoroughly enjoyed.....the last two updates have made the waiting not bothersome at all -- dare I say, even pleasant. Lots to do and so many new things to explore, enjoy and take advantage of. Yep, it's easy to wait with so many new goodies to hold our attention.

It reminds me of my twin babies. When they get a tad bit impatient and don't want to wait for something, such as a bottle that it's not quite time for -- I often give them something simply, fantastically interesting like........... a sock (clean one, mind you) and a box, and even go all out at times and put the sock in the box. You would think I gave them something more magical, like maybe a shoe and a empty water bottle (works too by the way). Boy oh boy those little ones never even mention the bottles again- perhaps it's because they can't say bottle yet, but I like to think it is because I captured their imaginations on a grand scale by providing them with such glorious offerings.

KI surely has given us a bit more recently than a sock and a box, but the updates have definitely had the same effect on me as those two items have had on my twins. I've been ooohing and ahhhing for months now......with a little drool thrown in there as well.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Wow that is some steam to let out,patience there pirate.Book 15 is coming soon,for the mean time work on the other none max leveled characters or create another pirate character preferably a different pirate class from the current main one(s),if there is a room or wanted to add additional pirate character(s). Like they say in the spiral " Expect the unexpected." The spiral is full of surprises in other words.

I am sorry for those who have 6 maxed leveled pirate characters ,but working a new worlds or expanding existing ones in the spiral takes time.Until then happy sailing.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I too am looking forward to running some of my senior (maxed out levles) pirates. In the meantime, their numbers keep growing.

I have a level 65 Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, and Privateer. And you know what? I am having a lot of fun with my musketeer, who is trying to save Marleybone from the Armada in the war one of you other pirates started (I was miles away at the time).

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Whenever it arrives, it will be amazing and thoroughly enjoyed.....the last two updates have made the waiting not bothersome at all -- dare I say, even pleasant. Lots to do and so many new things to explore, enjoy and take advantage of. Yep, it's easy to wait with so many new goodies to hold our attention.

It reminds me of my twin babies. When they get a tad bit impatient and don't want to wait for something, such as a bottle that it's not quite time for -- I often give them something simply, fantastically interesting like........... a sock (clean one, mind you) and a box, and even go all out at times and put the sock in the box. You would think I gave them something more magical, like maybe a shoe and a empty water bottle (works too by the way). Boy oh boy those little ones never even mention the bottles again- perhaps it's because they can't say bottle yet, but I like to think it is because I captured their imaginations on a grand scale by providing them with such glorious offerings.

KI surely has given us a bit more recently than a sock and a box, but the updates have definitely had the same effect on me as those two items have had on my twins. I've been ooohing and ahhhing for months now......with a little drool thrown in there as well.
I'm already drooling ( or more like salivating ) I can't wait to sink my teeth into ALL the luscious goodies being offered. I WANT IT NOW!!! Sorry, my inner child just had a temper tantrum. KI has done a super job in improvements in the game & game play! Just a few more days and I'll get to experience it!