Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Good times to get on the test realm?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I've never been able to get on the Pirate101 Test Realm before. There isn't any note about it in the captain's log besides when the whole game is down. So is there an ideal time to try getting on?

Corrupt Lucas Vries
Level 50 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
I've never been able to get on the Pirate101 Test Realm before. There isn't any note about it in the captain's log besides when the whole game is down. So is there an ideal time to try getting on?

Corrupt Lucas Vries
Level 50 Witchdoctor
Hello and well met, Lucas! There is no test realm, it was discontinued when the updates went live.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Well, from what I, along with Chrissy, Valkoor, and a few other message board comrades have been able to figure out is that the earliest the next update through hints in the last producers letter, it may come out is WINTER. You've got a while to wait, but knowing the mischievous KI Dev. Team, they could make it later or sooner. However, we don't know, because as a famous, blind cat once said:

"That would be telling....."---Blind Mew, insidious, nefarious cat that likes to toy with us like a ball of string.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Uh, you can try to get on when the test realm is open. One-Eyed Jack always announces test realm openings and closings on the Captain's Log Message Board. Test realm is currently closed.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
It is only on sometimes. When they have new content to test, the realm will open. Currently there is nothing to test.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The Test Realm is only open when they want the players to test the new additions to the game before the additions go into the Live Realm. Otherwise, the Test Realm will be off line.

When the Test Realm is online, there will be a Red Flag shown at the top of the page after you sign in to your account. When you click on the link in the Red Flag, you get information about how to access the Test Realm along with the Test Realm download. Usually, when the Test Realm opens up, there will be a new section in the Forums labeled something like "Test Realm" (I don't remember exactly). There will usually be an announcement when the Test Realm is open either in the Newsletter or on the sign-in page and/or in the Captain's Log.

What happens in the Test Realm does not affect the Live Realm at all. KI usually makes a copy of the Live Realm a few days to two weeks (just a guess) before they open the Test Realm. They use this as a starting point for the Test Realm. What this means is that where you are in the Live Realm will not exactly correspond with the Test Realm.

Good Luck in the Spiral!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
warriorscreed on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
Well, from what I, along with Chrissy, Valkoor, and a few other message board comrades have been able to figure out is that the earliest the next update through hints in the last producers letter, it may come out is WINTER. You've got a while to wait, but knowing the mischievous KI Dev. Team, they could make it later or sooner. However, we don't know, because as a famous, blind cat once said:

"That would be telling....."---Blind Mew, insidious, nefarious cat that likes to toy with us like a ball of string.
Actually KI has been teasing that we may get something later this summer. With some signs pointing to Grizzleheim