Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crew Portraits and NPC Spiral Photographer idea

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello fellow Marauders, pirates and friends.

I had this wild and crazy idea that I thought would be pretty neat for us pirates who are so proud of the fine crews and pets that we have assembled during our Spiral adventures. So, here it goes:

Wouldn't it be neat if we could pay to have crew portraits taken so that we could display them in our homes? There could be an NPC in Skull Island, maybe a Snapping Turtle, that you would pay, probable Crowns (have to keep KI happy and employed, right?) to have a hanging portrait to decorate your house with. You would interact with the NPC (let's call her SnapShot Shelly) and then decide the # of crew members you would like to have in the photo. It could be in set increments of 5 or 10, in which the price would increase with the # of crew members selected to say "CHEESE" in the photo (Toro would need no coaxing). And/or you could just choose a solo ,or Captain and First Mate, or Captain & 1 crew member, or Captain & Pet shot.

There could be a roster or pet interface where you could choose and check off the crew members (or pets) from a roster interface that appears after you select your # of desired crew members, for the photo. The pose would be standard and set by KI, but would include all current gear for pirate and companions. Maybe you could even choose from different backgrounds from the different worlds and locations (for additional charges of course).

After the transaction is complete and the portrait taken, you could hang the Panoramic Pic on the wall (sorry no, wallet or keychain sizes available) and still be able to view the photo and any other ones from a SnapsShot album in your Housing Interface.

Want a nice shot with just that certain Foxy Lady Sniper? Care to Monkey around with a Trickster? Take a Walk with the Dead? Have a HOOT with your new Mechanical Owl? Whisper into Whiskers good ear? Shoot the Bull with a certain Bellowing Bovine? Itch an Old Scratch.........? The choice of photo participants is yours and the options could be endless- providing you have the Crowns.

Well, certainly there is probably not enough bandwidth for something of this nature. But I sure would shell out some Crowns to show my pirate pride by hanging photos of my crew and pets in my Home(s). It would really make your crew and pets feel even more close knit and seem more like a band of brothers (and sisters...and creatures).

If it could in any way shape or form be done, I think it would be a magnificent addition to the more personalized side of the game.

(Perhaps it could even lead to paying for Hanging Portraits of you and some of your favorite, in game pirate friends)

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Good idea. Maybe if this is too much work, they could just sell portraits of some of the companions in the Crowns shop, like they do for the Class Trainers. Your idea is better though.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:

I had this wild and crazy idea that I thought would be pretty neat for us pirates who are so proud of the fine crews and pets that we have assembled during our Spiral adventures. So, here it goes:

Wouldn't it be neat if we could pay to have crew portraits taken so that we could display them in our homes? There could be an NPC in Skull Island, maybe a Snapping Turtle, that you would pay, probable Crowns (have to keep KI happy and employed, right?) to have a hanging portrait to decorate your house with. You would interact with the NPC (let's call her SnapShot Shelly) and then decide the # of crew members you would like to have in the photo. It could be in set increments of 5 or 10, in which the price would increase with the # of crew members selected to say "CHEESE" in the photo (Toro would need no coaxing). And/or you could just choose a solo ,or Captain and First Mate, or Captain & 1 crew member, or Captain & Pet shot.

There could be a roster or pet interface where you could choose and check off the crew members (or pets) from a roster interface that appears after you select your # of desired crew members, for the photo. The pose would be standard and set by KI, but would include all current gear for pirate and companions. Maybe you could even choose from different backgrounds from the different worlds and locations (for additional charges of course).

After the transaction is complete and the portrait taken, you could hang the Panoramic Pic on the wall (sorry no, wallet or keychain sizes available) and still be able to view the photo and any other ones from a SnapsShot album in your Housing Interface.

Want a nice shot with just that certain Foxy Lady Sniper? Care to Monkey around with a Trickster? Take a Walk with the Dead? Have a HOOT with your new Mechanical Owl? Whisper into Whiskers good ear? Shoot the Bull with a certain Bellowing Bovine? Itch an Old Scratch.........? The choice of photo participants is yours and the options could be endless- providing you have the Crowns.

Well, certainly there is probably not enough bandwidth for something of this nature. But I sure would shell out some Crowns to show my pirate pride by hanging photos of my crew and pets in my Home(s). It would really make your crew and pets feel even more close knit and seem more like a band of brothers (and sisters...and creatures).

If it could in any way shape or form be done, I think it would be a magnificent addition to the more personalized side of the game.

(Perhaps it could even lead to paying for Hanging Portraits of you and some of your favorite, in game pirate friends)
What an absolutely fabulous idea. I would pay for that with no issues. I would also love to be able to buy picture frames to hang in your houses that you could insert a screen shot into. Imagine along with those wonderful professional portraits you could also have snaps of those amazing action shots from your memorable battles.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:

would I be allowed to take pictures of food? I want to make a cheese museum and charge the rat pack a boat load

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
would I be allowed to take pictures of food? I want to make a cheese museum and charge the rat pack a boat load
Pictures of food?....a cheese museum?.....in your home?.....Jack, you just might be....................a genius! Who wouldn't want pictures of their favorite foods everywhere they look while at home. Although Valkoor probably wouldn't get too much farming, questing or pirating done if he had pictures of Barbecued Bananas and Stargazy Pie on his walls (not from a Monkey King induced food fight, mind ye).....mmmm....mmmm....mmmmm!

Oh, and the Rat Pack would go broke in your home, that's for sure!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Good idea. Maybe if this is too much work, they could just sell portraits of some of the companions in the Crowns shop, like they do for the Class Trainers. Your idea is better though.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle
Thanks Ivette (and/or Haley)! I would certainly settle for just being able to purchase portraits of our crew members from the Crown Shop. But yeah, a whole crew shot or Captain and Crew shot and or shot of our trained up pets would sure personalize your house and transform it into a Home.

Thanks again for the reply!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
What an absolutely fabulous idea. I would pay for that with no issues. I would also love to be able to buy picture frames to hang in your houses that you could insert a screen shot into. Imagine along with those wonderful professional portraits you could also have snaps of those amazing action shots from your memorable battles.
OOH, yeah Chrissy, that would be fantastic! That has always been a thought or idea that I certainly would like to see. I think that was one of my initial or very first suggestions I ever made in regards to sprucing up our homes. Seeing a great action shot of our pirates and crew in battle in our home.....in a picture frame.....on our walls- would be AWESOME!!! Our how about being even being able to turn a shot, at least the main subject of the shot (or maybe just our pirates), into a Statue that we can place in our homes. As you saw, in touring my Privateer home, I am quite fond of collecting Spiral Statues, to say the least!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I would love this if it became part of the game! I've always wanted to get a decent screenshot of me, Bonnie Anne, and Sarah Steele. (My top two favorite Companions)

This is something that I would totally pay Crowns for!! Please, KI make this come true!

Valkoor, you are truly a genius!!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
I would love this if it became part of the game! I've always wanted to get a decent screenshot of me, Bonnie Anne, and Sarah Steele. (My top two favorite Companions)

This is something that I would totally pay Crowns for!! Please, KI make this come true!

Valkoor, you are truly a genius!!
Why thank you MistyDragon! I too would love to have shots of some of my favorite crew members (Lucky Jack Russell, Kobe, Temujin and Ratbeard) and to be able to see the photos on the walls of my Home(s). If it could be done, in the scope of the gaming mechanics and programming, I think it would be a huge success....for both players and KI. Thank you again for the compliment!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Sounds like fun! Having a TURTLE of all things snap a shot of me and my army would be kind of nice! To new players, they could watch their crew grow and grow as they go through all the worlds! Good idea, Valkoor! I heartily approve of this idea!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warriorscreed on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Sounds like fun! Having a TURTLE of all things snap a shot of me and my army would be kind of nice! To new players, they could watch their crew grow and grow as they go through all the worlds! Good idea, Valkoor! I heartily approve of this idea!
Thanks a bunch Warrior! You are so right, seeing our pirates and crew change and grow through our piratin' adventures would be quite amazing....and having it captured in our homes for our continued enjoyment would be an adventure in and of itself. And yeah, I figured who better to SNAP a photo of something standing still, you just gotta have a turtle for that. Any crew video recordings would have to be done by another, slightly more swift critter.

Hopefully something of this nature will one day come to be!