Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Bundle?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
So everyone knows about the 4 bundles that Pirate101 has, right? Some people get it for the gear, some for the ship, and some for the crowns. But, as far as I know, most people buy the bundles to get the sweet companions.

In the Cutthroat Bundle: Cutthroat Pirate
In the Admiral Bundle: Handsome Dan
In the Empire Bundle: Nausica
In the Hoodoo Bundle:Hoodoo Cornelius

So, my question is this: based on these companions and their bundles, is there going to be a swashbuckler companion in the next bundle? I wonder what it's name would be...

Sincerely,

Serious Jeremy Thompson, Lvl 60

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
The Peculiar on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
So everyone knows about the 4 bundles that Pirate101 has, right? Some people get it for the gear, some for the ship, and some for the crowns. But, as far as I know, most people buy the bundles to get the sweet companions.

In the Cutthroat Bundle: Cutthroat Pirate
In the Admiral Bundle: Handsome Dan
In the Empire Bundle: Nausica
In the Hoodoo Bundle:Hoodoo Cornelius

So, my question is this: based on these companions and their bundles, is there going to be a swashbuckler companion in the next bundle? I wonder what it's name would be...

Sincerely,

Serious Jeremy Thompson, Lvl 60
We actually had one. But it was retired and wont ever come back.

I would love a new one (maybe with an orca in it :P hint hint )

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Unless you consider the Boochbeard Bundle as the Swash one, then there already has been one.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:

I remember that post, he was op but would be cool

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Let me rephrase my question then: Does anyone think there will be a bundle with a swashbuckler companion sometime in the future that WON'T get retired? I honestly hope so. Swashbucklers are one of the best classes in Pirate101.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The original bundle had the wonderful cat swashbuckler (random names, like the Shark Buccaneer in the Cutthroat bundle). Since he is retired, I would not be at all surprised if the next bundle with a companion didn't have a swashbuckler companion.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
I would expect a musketeer themed bundle as there is not currently one, and maybe that is the swash companion we have been waiting for.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The Peculiar on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Let me rephrase my question then: Does anyone think there will be a bundle with a swashbuckler companion sometime in the future that WON'T get retired? I honestly hope so. Swashbucklers are one of the best classes in Pirate101.
Sadly, eventually each of the bundles is likely to be retired, if W101 is anything to go by. I do hope that for the folks who didn't get a chance to get the Boochbeard or Gandry bundle they put out a nice swashbuckler-y bundle, but they did promise that cat would not be released again. A pity, that; I'd love for each of my accounts to have one, but there it is. OTOH, while I wouldn't be devastated to see another cat swashbuckler, I also would not be crushed if KI held to their promise. I didn't buy a bundle for all my accounts and that's why only a couple of my pirates get to run with perhaps the coolest crew member in the game.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
GoldRoseKnight on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
I would expect a musketeer themed bundle as there is not currently one, and maybe that is the swash companion we have been waiting for.
Actually, the Empire bundle has Nausica, who is a Musketeer companion. Unless of course she's been changed to a different class since the update, but that might not be very likely.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
The Peculiar on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Actually, the Empire bundle has Nausica, who is a Musketeer companion. Unless of course she's been changed to a different class since the update, but that might not be very likely.
What I meant by musketeer bundle, is that the gear is musketeer themed, as well as the weapon.
The hoodoo bundle is themed for witch doctors is one example.