Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best armor for a max buccaneer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 01, 2014
So, i believe i have the best armor for everything. If you think there is a better item i can get, let me know.

Helm-Helm of ares, gives mojo blade
Outfit-Arms of the Valiant, gives assassins strike
Boots-Plantari of Eagilles, gives mojo storm
Weapon-Axe of the Minotaur Lords, giving follow through
Totem-Manticore's sting, giving repel boarders
charm-collar of hyssarik
ring-septum of taurus

Please look up stats on both items if you think you have an item that would be better for me, because i just feel like i have all of the best items. THX

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Salomander14 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
So, i believe i have the best armor for everything. If you think there is a better item i can get, let me know.

charm-collar of hyssarik
ring-septum of taurus

Please look up stats on both items if you think you have an item that would be better for me, because i just feel like i have all of the best items. THX
You have some awesomely good equipment! Here is mine:
I also have The Helm of Ares +12 strength, + 14 base armor gives Mojo Blade
the Arms of Ares +12 strength, 42 armor gives Revive
Gladiator Gaitors ( from the Empire Bundle) +18 agility, +6 accuracy, +7 dodge, +5 magic resistance, +5 base armor, gives Walk in Shadows
I also have the Axe of the Minotaur Lords
Totem- Medalian of the Palatine + 81 health
Charm- Hyperborean Amulet + 64 health, + 6 magic resistance
Ring- Hero's Loop + 7 dodge, + 65 health
Accessory- Blacksun Talisman, + 78 health, + 9 magic resistance
AND my pet Dakota Level 62 mega loyal Sky Snake grants Rouse.
I will sometimes choose an item that enhances stats over an item with a power card.

Ensign
Mar 01, 2014
wow you too!
i'd say our equipment is about the same :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wow you too!
i'd say our equipment is about the same :)
I was just farming the Underdog and aquired the Plug Ugly hat it gives a health and weapon bonus.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

charm-collar of hyssarik
ring-septum of taurus

Ooh, Buccaneer items. Here's what I got

Oishi's Great Helm - 10 Strength, 11 Armor, Gives Assassin's Strike

The Arms of the Valiant - 12 Strength, 39 Armor, Gives Assassin's Strike

Baktun Moccasins ( Tribal Crew Pack ) - 7 Weapon power, 10 Strength, 8 Armor

Axe of the Minotaur Lords

Black Rain Shades - 7 Accuracy, 6 Strength

Bloody Charm - 7 Armor, 3 Strength, gives Assassin's Strike

Shrimpy Onyx Necklace- +1 Base Critical Strike Rating, gives Mighty Charge

Ring of Hermes - 9 Armor, Gives Back Stab.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
And yet no one has said my lineup...

Hat: Oishi's Great Helm - Assassin's Strike

Outfit: Mifune's Gosuku - Assassin's Strike

Boots: The Boots of the Valiant - Great Juju

Weapon: Axe of the Minotaur Lords/Friar Sand's Hirigana

Accessory: Schemer's Eyepatch - Assassin's Strike

Totem: Friar Sand's Gourd - Leviathan's Call

Charm: Ki-Rin of the West - Valor's Fortress

Ring: Ring of Lord Walsingham: Assassin's Mist

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
These are all some extremely great gear set ups for Buccs, but I must say that I am quite surprised that there's no mention of gear with extra Shark's Fury and Whale's Might powers. Giving a Buccaneer a tremendously high ratio of Strength, compared to the enemies, can turn a lot of attacks into multiple critical strikes and in essence can be as powerful (or even more so) then an Assassin's Strike. Plus they affect any and all other Bucc's in battle and can provide 5-10 turns of massive damage boosts and possible critical hits to any allies that can receive Strength Buffs -- as a result of Strength being their primary stat.

An Assassin's Strike is essentially a multi-hit attack disguised as a 1 turn power (w/ minor Bleeding damage), while Whale's Might can affect 5 turns for possibly 4 members of your crew, for sometimes 6-12 attacks per crew member's turn. With Follow Through from The Axe of the Minotaur Lord's, Glancing Blows, Vengeance Strikes, Bladestorms and your companions Relentless, Vengeance Strikes, Flanking, and such -- extra Buffs to Strength can boost damage and critical hits several times and many attacks per round- per crew member, unlike an Assassin's that only affects your pirate for one strike, for one round- plus bleeding.

In my opinion, the cumulative and long lasting results of extra Whale's Might, Shark's Fury and Kraken's Coils is considerably more potent then Assassin's Strike. And combining multiple Strength Buffs with the Buccaneer's line of Accuracy reducing attack powers (accuracy boosting buffs) is a very useful and potent combo.

That being said, I do have almost all of the Buccaneer gear with Assassin's Strike.....& sooooo enjoy using them on many occasions -- hey they are just fun to watch and execute!

Just for added fun, I actually set up and stitched my full set of General Tso's armor w/ Walk in Darkness, Assassin's Strike and Assassin's Gloom....what can I say I just had to see what it was like to have some gold old Swashbucklin' fun!