Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

aztecosaurs companion suggestion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
i recently got the 'kawl doomclaw' companion, he only took 1 pack yesterday.
i was really happy, and didn't buy another pack after that, and i was thinking how often you can get one.
due to studies of additively purchasing new packs in the test realm, i realized you should get one companion by 15 - 35 packs. :
which is 5,985 - 13,965 crowns
which could drain about $24.00 from your wallet
by these results: an ultra rare item can happen about 1 - 5% of the time
thanks pirates, and happy hunting!!!
-jamal heath lvl 44

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jamual heath on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
i recently got the 'kawl doomclaw' companion, he only took 1 pack yesterday.
i was really happy, and didn't buy another pack after that, and i was thinking how often you can get one.
due to studies of additively purchasing new packs in the test realm, i realized you should get one companion by 15 - 35 packs. :
which is 5,985 - 13,965 crowns
which could drain about $24.00 from your wallet
by these results: an ultra rare item can happen about 1 - 5% of the time
thanks pirates, and happy hunting!!!
-jamal heath lvl 44
Congratulations Jamal on getting Kawil- he/she is a pretty powerful Raptor and the Critical Hit animations for Kawil, and the other Dino companions, are pretty amazing. Those packs can definitely drain the old Crown Vault when trying to obtain those ultra rare crew members. I do speak from experience as I spent many a Crown on the packs until I finally was able to get the full set.

I must say that some of them are quite worth it though, if you can afford the Crowns that is. The Buccaneer companion, Holkun Doomhorn, is in my top 3 companions for my max Buccaneer. He far surpasses Hawkules in damage dealing, dodging and hit accuracy, plus he has about 3-4 times the armor of the Beaked Buffoon, so he can take the hits...and then some. Out of all of my companions that I have given all ranks of Accuracy and Relentless to, Holkun regularly gets most or all of his Relentless x 3 and Criticals on many of them. He is a warrior of EPIC proportions.

Kawil is an amazing damage dealing Swash that with Agility Buffing can single handedly take out an Aquilian enemy, with full health, in one round (with some Critical Hits thrown in, of course). And Itzen Kaan is a trusty battle mate that has a great Accuracy Buffing power, which is always a great thing- especially used in conjunction with El Toro's Espirit de Corps Accuracy Buff. Itzen also can train in the Flanking Talent and multiple ranks of Relentless, which comes in sooo handy- even with his lower damage output.

The other two, Chilam Bak and Lemba Moonskull, I have not used quite as much yet to get a good feel for how they fair in battle. Chilam has always done decent damage and with Will Buffs packs quite a wallop. And Lemba is a great companion to use if you are farming lower level enemies because of his/her power, The Big Guns, which has infinite range and can take out multiple low level enemies at once, thus increasing the speed and efficiency of your farming adventures. I like to throw in the Serpent Augur with her Mournsong power and one for my pirate, along with another long range attacker to make swift work of low level enemies without ever having to move.

All in all, the Aztecosaur Companions hold their own pretty well and are great additions to any crew....that is, if you are lucky enough to get them without spending a King's Ransom. Like you stated, it can take a lot of Crowns and patience for that matter.

Well, good luck and again Congrats on getting Kawil.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Took me over 50 packs to get my first Lemba Moonskull
But then only one more after that to get Holkun Doomhorn

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations Jamal on getting Kawil- he/she is a pretty powerful Raptor and the Critical Hit animations for Kawil, and the other Dino companions, are pretty amazing. Those packs can definitely drain the old Crown Vault when trying to obtain those ultra rare crew members. I do speak from experience as I spent many a Crown on the packs until I finally was able to get the full set.

I must say that some of them are quite worth it though, if you can afford the Crowns that is. The Buccaneer companion, Holkun Doomhorn, is in my top 3 companions for my max Buccaneer. He far surpasses Hawkules in damage dealing, dodging and hit accuracy, plus he has about 3-4 times the armor of the Beaked Buffoon, so he can take the hits...and then some. Out of all of my companions that I have given all ranks of Accuracy and Relentless to, Holkun regularly gets most or all of his Relentless x 3 and Criticals on many of them. He is a warrior of EPIC proportions.

Kawil is an amazing damage dealing Swash that with Agility Buffing can single handedly take out an Aquilian enemy, with full health, in one round (with some Critical Hits thrown in, of course). And Itzen Kaan is a trusty battle mate that has a great Accuracy Buffing power, which is always a great thing- especially used in conjunction with El Toro's Espirit de Corps Accuracy Buff. Itzen also can train in the Flanking Talent and multiple ranks of Relentless, which comes in sooo handy- even with his lower damage output.

The other two, Chilam Bak and Lemba Moonskull, I have not used quite as much yet to get a good feel for how they fair in battle. Chilam has always done decent damage and with Will Buffs packs quite a wallop. And Lemba is a great companion to use if you are farming lower level enemies because of his/her power, The Big Guns, which has infinite range and can take out multiple low level enemies at once, thus increasing the speed and efficiency of your farming adventures. I like to throw in the Serpent Augur with her Mournsong power and one for my pirate, along with another long range attacker to make swift work of low level enemies without ever having to move.

All in all, the Aztecosaur Companions hold their own pretty well and are great additions to any crew....that is, if you are lucky enough to get them without spending a King's Ransom. Like you stated, it can take a lot of Crowns and patience for that matter.

Well, good luck and again Congrats on getting Kawil.
great job!!!!
good luck to you too, sir.
keep hunting like a boss, i know i will.