Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Snacks/Vendors in higher level worlds

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'd just like to say that the pet snacks that are sold or are dropped outside of Skull Island aren't making very much sense. For vendors in Cool Ranch and Mooshu to sell the exact same Level 1 and 2 snacks sold in Bestia gives a player no reason to seek them out other than to get a badge. If they sold more unique inventories, players would flock to them.

Also, I understand that pet snacks were added to the drop tables of enemies throughout the Spiral, but in many cases, it seems that the common nature of these, again Level 1 and 2, pet snacks makes them replace the regular drop tables -- making farming that much more difficult.

Having just finished our most recent run of Miranda, helping a friend who was farming for Captain Blood's gear, we were EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED to get a small amount of gold and a... Scrimshaw Swiss pet snack. Farming Grohl in Aquila only to get Troggy Taffy and nothing else along with my gold only makes me want to stop playing, not go back in. Now, if I had gotten a Level 6 or 7 snack, that's another story -- we need much more suitable drops to the difficulty of the battles.

Could someone please ask the "powers that be" to address these snack issues? It would be greatly appreciated!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I think that having pet snack vendors in worlds beyond Skull Island sell their respective better fitting world of origin and higher ranked pet snacks would make much more sense, because the higher rank, yet least common snacks should be sold in the correct worlds instead of all of them selling very common snacks from Skull Island and nothing else. I agree to that idea.

Also, I think that higher level enemies and bosses should be at least dropping some more higher ranked pet snacks from their correct worlds more often instead of only mostly lower ranked snacks from Skull Island most of the time, respectively. It gets very frustrating to grab very low level and common pet snacks from higher level enemies for training our pets to raise their levels and stats real quickly, I admit. Of course, we have the Crowns Shop's snack packs for that, too, but, the point is, higher level enemies and bosses from higher leveled zones in later worlds should be dropping higher ranked snacks, and maybe some occasional mega snacks, too, instead of very common low ranked snacks and nothing more. I also think that certain bosses in worlds should only drop mega snacks, too instead of common snacks. That would really ignite anyone's interests in farming bosses for higher ranked pet snacks. I really think that their loot tables may need some good adjusting to accommodate that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard has assured us that the snacks are added to the loot tables as a bonus. They do not replace the goodies previously on that loot table. They don't change the odds. For those times when you fought and used to get just gold, now you get gold and some snacks. The odds of the good stuff had not been changed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Ratbeard has assured us that the snacks are added to the loot tables as a bonus. They do not replace the goodies previously on that loot table. They don't change the odds. For those times when you fought and used to get just gold, now you get gold and some snacks. The odds of the good stuff had not been changed.
I know that. I was referring to the worlds beyond Skull Island's many enemies and bosses' loot tables adjusted so that they would be dropping their respective world of origin pet snacks instead of the Skull Island snacks being very common, and select bosses having to drop mega snacks only instead of regular snacks, but other loot in their loot tables, such as gold and various Pirate gear, should remain unaffected.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
The pet snack vendors are there in case you run out of snacks and need something quick. You can't get a gourmet meal from a vending machine. But getting higher level snacks doesn't take much work. You can get them from bosses, pet wrangling, and the pet arena. If you feel like it there are the snack packs and mega snack packs.

All bosses have a chance to drop higher level snacks. I may look into adjusting the drop rate, but currently I am very happy with the rate that I see snacks being dropped in the game as a whole.
We can't always roll a 20 every time.

As for the amount of snacks you are getting, I expect each of you to get enough snacks to keep multiple pets training and leveling at a time. One of the benefits of our pet training system over Wizard101's is that you can train multiple at once, so I have attempted to make that the best and easiest way for you to train.

I can always turn down the drop rate of snacks over all if I see people maxing out on snacks.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on May 28, 2014 wrote:
The pet snack vendors are there in case you run out of snacks and need something quick. You can't get a gourmet meal from a vending machine. But getting higher level snacks doesn't take much work. You can get them from bosses, pet wrangling, and the pet arena. If you feel like it there are the snack packs and mega snack packs.

All bosses have a chance to drop higher level snacks. I may look into adjusting the drop rate, but currently I am very happy with the rate that I see snacks being dropped in the game as a whole.

As for the amount of snacks you are getting, I expect each of you to get enough snacks to keep multiple pets training and leveling at a time. One of the benefits of our pet training system over Wizard101's is that you can train multiple at once, so I have attempted to make that the best and easiest way for you to train.

I can always turn down the drop rate of snacks over all if I see people maxing out on snacks.
You're right, Decius. The efforts provided to train our pets and obtain pet snacks are worth doing so. I just had my thoughts.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
"I can always turn down the drop rate of snacks over all if I see people maxing out on snacks." - Decius Duelmaster

LOL. I believe Mark Antony said something like that many years ago too......

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

This morning I was working on my Swashbuckler in Mooshu. Zukoichi in Moomori Compound has a pretty extensively recorded drop list on the Pirate101Central wiki - he seems to drop a little bit of everything - and you reach him after a longish pre-quest. The snacks he's dropping have been rank 3 (Deep Fried Banana) to rank 7 (JuJu Fruits). This has been great.

However, you must admit that Captain Blood in Cool Ranch and Grohl in Aquila dropping Scrimshaw Swiss and Troggy Taffy really doesn't make much sense. I know we can't roll a 20 every time, but we shouldn't roll a 1 so often against a major boss at the end of a hard dungeon like Miranda, or in the highest level world we reach.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on May 28, 2014 wrote:
"I can always turn down the drop rate of snacks over all if I see people maxing out on snacks." - Decius Duelmaster

LOL. I believe Mark Antony said something like that many years ago too......

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"
Shakespeare, But was it Julius Caesar or was it Henry V?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Okay - Medea gave us Fish Fingers, and Captain Pluton drops Golden Pineapple and Molten Lava Cake. This REALLY is getting frustrating! PLEASE, please take a look at the distribution of these rank 1 and 2 snacks that are all over the Spiral. Ask any player and they will say:

"Higher level worlds should provide higher level snacks."

Not everyone wants to send their whole crew Pet Wrangling just to have decent snacks to feed pets, which appears to be the ONLY way to obtain them other than buying packs with Crowns. I'd like to have some of my crew available for battle, and get my higher level snacks from that activity instead.

Thank you!

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010

My personal opinion is that Bosses that drop single chest should not provide pet snacks. i'll admit fighting medusa to try and aquire [Medusa's Blades when she only drops one chest and all i get is a single snack over and over is depressing. the minions leading to her, load 'em up with snacks.
I'll probably regret saying this and if there is any change i'll blame myself. Take diana . she is perfect the way she is. Variable gold , average to hard drop rate. Not one snack.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
I don't know about anyone else, but I find it is the power points that are the hardest to max out.

A really nice compromise would be to have at least one low level snack of each type (desert, main dish, and side dish) for each world! I would love to be able to feed my Minotaur a level 1 main dish from Aquila, to get the 2 power points for the "love"!

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
here is a idea. i hate to wate higher level snacks on guessing. unless thats what they really want us to to. well it would be nice , for maybe level 5 and higher snacks would have a slight glow. a hugh of color to singnify that it is a compatible snack. like or love no idea. but atlest a guranteed yum