Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A few questions about Marleybone!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Hello people! This is just a few questions about Marleybone I want answered by One-eyed Jack!

1. Why does Gracie Conrad randomly join your crew instead of being an ally for Beachhead and then become your companion?

2. If Lucky Jack Russel lived in Marleybone, then why isn't his last promotion in Marleybone?

3. In Ratbeard's admiral promotion quest, why do Cat Thugs attack you when your in Old Joe's house?

4. How come you never beat Guy Fox in Bonnie Anne's last promotion quest?

5. Why isn't the battle with Red Fox defeat Red Fox?

6. Why is Lt. Springer a privateer instead of a Swashbuckler?

Please answer these questions, One-eyed Jack!

Crazy Mitchell, level 59 swashbuckler

Developer
ultra pirate 10101... on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Hello people! This is just a few questions about Marleybone I want answered by One-eyed Jack!

1. Why does Gracie Conrad randomly join your crew instead of being an ally for Beachhead and then become your companion?

2. If Lucky Jack Russel lived in Marleybone, then why isn't his last promotion in Marleybone?

3. In Ratbeard's admiral promotion quest, why do Cat Thugs attack you when your in Old Joe's house?

4. How come you never beat Guy Fox in Bonnie Anne's last promotion quest?

5. Why isn't the battle with Red Fox defeat Red Fox?

6. Why is Lt. Springer a privateer instead of a Swashbuckler?

Please answer these questions, One-eyed Jack!

Crazy Mitchell, level 59 swashbuckler
Hi there! Answers to these sorts of questions aren't really Jack's forte, so I'll chime in.

1. She doesn't randomly join - she was ordered to by the Admiralty. Yes, it would make more sense for her to be an ally then join, but there are way to many Beachhead fights for her to be out of player control - that would just be a recipe for frustration. So logic yielded to gameplay here.

2. His most recent promotion, you mean? Real world answer: Marleybone hadn't been built yet when he hit the appropriate level. In game answer: who says his last promotion was his last promotion?

3. Well, the lead thug says that Old Joe owes the Underdog a debt. (at least it did the last time I played it, and if it doesn't it really should) The Cats are there to rough him up. That you just happen to be there to protect the old man is a happy coincidence. (see also Raymond Chandler's advice on writing)

4. Because it was always meant to be a downer of a quest. You save the fleet, but all the victories are Pyrrhic. And besides, I think we haven't seen the last of the Old Guy anyway.

5. Not sure what you mean. I'm pretty sure you do defeat him before you can get to young Swidget.

6. More for Ratbeard than me. I expect it's something to do with a power he has. if you think it's a bug, I'd ask him.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Blind Mew on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi there! Answers to these sorts of questions aren't really Jack's forte, so I'll chime in.

1. She doesn't randomly join - she was ordered to by the Admiralty. Yes, it would make more sense for her to be an ally then join, but there are way to many Beachhead fights for her to be out of player control - that would just be a recipe for frustration. So logic yielded to gameplay here.

2. His most recent promotion, you mean? Real world answer: Marleybone hadn't been built yet when he hit the appropriate level. In game answer: who says his last promotion was his last promotion?

3. Well, the lead thug says that Old Joe owes the Underdog a debt. (at least it did the last time I played it, and if it doesn't it really should) The Cats are there to rough him up. That you just happen to be there to protect the old man is a happy coincidence. (see also Raymond Chandler's advice on writing)

4. Because it was always meant to be a downer of a quest. You save the fleet, but all the victories are Pyrrhic. And besides, I think we haven't seen the last of the Old Guy anyway.

5. Not sure what you mean. I'm pretty sure you do defeat him before you can get to young Swidget.

6. More for Ratbeard than me. I expect it's something to do with a power he has. if you think it's a bug, I'd ask him.
4. "And besides, I think we haven't seen the last of the Old Guy anyway."
Another hint... Let the theories begin!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blind Mew on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:

Nice you're back to that for a little bit, so I got something to say.

1. I agree that it was best for Gracie Conrad to be a total Companion than an Ally, and a good thing, too. Her knowledge of technological matters would help well with the crew, which did, and will continue to be later on.

2. I've sent my thoughts on improving and extending the instance quest in Red Fox's Lair, "Into the Foxhole" to include more battles, companion chatter, especially from Bonnie Anne, for I know she would be very nervous after remembering the Radicals when she saw them, the rooms' interiors being original layouts rather than borrowed interiors from other worlds, & more plot to that instance, for I know that I liked how previous MooShu instances were improved and made longer, so, why not that instance, too? I hope I get to see that happen soon, Blind Mew.

3. I think Lucky Jack Russell's "last" promotion doesn't mean final, but rather, recent. It's best that the latest promotion quests for Companions would be fittingly called recent, not final, for I know that nothing is ever considered final, especially promotion quests, right?