Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tribal Crew Pack Questions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Ahoy!
I have some questions to inquire.

1.Do all of the Azteca Companion have the same recruit percentage?
  • If not, please tell me which companions have a higher percentage
  • If so, please tell me what their rank in rarity is (For example, one training point is common)
2.Can all of them use their critical strikes on command?

That's all for now!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
1of1 Buccaneer on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

• If so, please tell me what their rank in rarity is (For example, one training point is common)

That's all for now!
I've found out the answer to these questions
  1. Yes, it's epic
  2. No, at least not Chilam Bak
(I am so excited and happy! I got both Chilam Bak and Kawil Doomclaw yesterday!)

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
1of1 Buccaneer on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

That's all for now!
1. I am pretty sure they all have the same rarity. I forgot the exact rarity but it is either Epic (Like other hoard main prizes) or ultra rare

2. All except the witchdoctor and privateer (privateer being Itzen Kaan)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I see a lot of Itzen Kaans out there actually, I even have one. I think only itzen Kaan and that musketeer guy doesn't have guaranteed strikes. Itzen kaan has increase accuracy buff plus a heal. Not sure if this is right but, I think that musketeer has hail of cannon balls. If you want more info, check Adventures of the Spiral companion database. They are in the crown companions.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
RyeKishatu2013 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I see a lot of Itzen Kaans out there actually, I even have one. I think only itzen Kaan and that musketeer guy doesn't have guaranteed strikes. Itzen kaan has increase accuracy buff plus a heal. Not sure if this is right but, I think that musketeer has hail of cannon balls. If you want more info, check Adventures of the Spiral companion database. They are in the crown companions.
I'm pretty sure that Lemba Moonskull (Musketeer) can you his critical strike on command .

I know a lot about the tribal crew pack (bought it like 75,000,000,000 times), and sense I've seen some people having trouble with the names of the companions, I'll help by telling you them (even though I haven't got any adjurations) here they are:
  • Lemba Moonskull -Musketeer
  • Itzen Kaan -Privateer
  • Chilam Bak -Witchdoctor
  • Kawil Doomclaw - Swashbuckler
  • Holkun Doomhorn -Buccaneer
Hope this helps !

(Thank you Rachel & Raikishatu2013)

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~
~Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer~

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
1. I am pretty certain that they are all Epic rarity, none is more common than the other, it's all about chance, you could probably even get more than one with one pack.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Like Noble Tyler and the others have stated, it is just the luck of the draw. I probably purchased a 'good' 150-200 packs with nothing to show for, except 100s of multiple housing items and 'treasures', countless multiples of gear and weapons that weren't even as good as what my pirate already had equipped- all in the hopes of getting an 'EPIC' companion (just for the sake of novelty and saying "I GOT ONE"). I did get a good deal of companion training points in the process, so that was a plus.

Then KI had that 50% Tribal Crew Pack sale and I figured, what the hay. Within10 packs I received Lemba Moonskull and Holkun Doomhorn in consecutive packs. I heeded the wise words of Steve Miller and "went on, took the money and ran", figuring my luck would run out.

So, my suggestion to those hoping to still get their hooks on one of those EPIC Tribal Pack companions, is to either wait for a sale on the packs specifically, or wait for some type of 50% off sale, in which the packs are included in the sale. At least you will get 2x the chances to get lucky.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
Like Noble Tyler and the others have stated, it is just the luck of the draw. I probably purchased a 'good' 150-200 packs with nothing to show for, except 100s of multiple housing items and 'treasures', countless multiples of gear and weapons that weren't even as good as what my pirate already had equipped- all in the hopes of getting an 'EPIC' companion (just for the sake of novelty and saying "I GOT ONE"). I did get a good deal of companion training points in the process, so that was a plus.

Then KI had that 50% Tribal Crew Pack sale and I figured, what the hay. Within10 packs I received Lemba Moonskull and Holkun Doomhorn in consecutive packs. I heeded the wise words of Steve Miller and "went on, took the money and ran", figuring my luck would run out.

So, my suggestion to those hoping to still get their hooks on one of those EPIC Tribal Pack companions, is to either wait for a sale on the packs specifically, or wait for some type of 50% off sale, in which the packs are included in the sale. At least you will get 2x the chances to get lucky.
That's exactly what happened to me (I mean the 100s of housing items). I now have 3 houses FULL of Azteca housing items on my max level Buccaneer account. You're so lucky you got Holkun and Lemba after 10 packs, I spent about 25,000 crowns trying to get Chilam. Then, after I got Chilam, I spent a good 1,197 to get Kawil. And then I was all out of crowns.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:

I got both of those companions as well, I got Lemba Moonskull after spending over 50k crowns, and then Holkun Doomhorn after 3 more packs.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
1of1 Buccaneer on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
That's exactly what happened to me (I mean the 100s of housing items). I now have 3 houses FULL of Azteca housing items on my max level Buccaneer account. You're so lucky you got Holkun and Lemba after 10 packs, I spent about 25,000 crowns trying to get Chilam. Then, after I got Chilam, I spent a good 1,197 to get Kawil. And then I was all out of crowns.

Yeah, I am right there with you Octavio. I know that in all I have probably spent anywhere from around 60,000 to 80,000 (150 packs +/-) crowns on those Shiny, Enticing Tribal Packs.

I ended up selling so much Azteca housing décor just because I had no room for it or it didn't fit with my other houses themes. I wish there was a way you could gift the crown bought, card pack housing items to maybe someone who didn't have access to crowns. After all you can gift housing gear in general from the Crown Shop. At least that way I wouldn't feel as if I am completely wasting my crowns (wait a minute, it isn't crowns were wasting here- it's actually money) by gifting extra housing items from gift packs to those who may really want some for their houses, but have now way to purchase the packs. I would at least feel a little better making someone else happy, than I do when I just have to sell all of the extras.

You, know what? I still only have 2 of the 5 Tribal Pack companions...hmm, just how many Crowns do I have left- someone's feeling lucky!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I am right there with you Octavio. I know that in all I have probably spent anywhere from around 60,000 to 80,000 (150 packs +/-) crowns on those Shiny, Enticing Tribal Packs.

I ended up selling so much Azteca housing décor just because I had no room for it or it didn't fit with my other houses themes. I wish there was a way you could gift the crown bought, card pack housing items to maybe someone who didn't have access to crowns. After all you can gift housing gear in general from the Crown Shop. At least that way I wouldn't feel as if I am completely wasting my crowns (wait a minute, it isn't crowns were wasting here- it's actually money) by gifting extra housing items from gift packs to those who may really want some for their houses, but have now way to purchase the packs. I would at least feel a little better making someone else happy, than I do when I just have to sell all of the extras.

You, know what? I still only have 2 of the 5 Tribal Pack companions...hmm, just how many Crowns do I have left- someone's feeling lucky!
Well be glad you have 2 of them, I unfortunately only have 1 (Holkun Doomhorn) and would absolutely love the witchdoctor one on my witchdoctor. Good luck with getting the rest, I am sure your luck will spark someday and you will get the other 3 you want.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Well be glad you have 2 of them, I unfortunately only have 1 (Holkun Doomhorn) and would absolutely love the witchdoctor one on my witchdoctor. Good luck with getting the rest, I am sure your luck will spark someday and you will get the other 3 you want.
Thank you Rachel, and good luck to you on getting that Witchdoctor- Chilam Bak. I am hoping that KI does that 50% off Card Pack sale again in the near future as I have quite a few crowns with some Tribal Pack companions names on them. I have been fighting back the temptation to spend a bunch on the packs because I am curious to see what is added to the Crown Shop when the new updates go live. Hoping their will be some great additions to the shop, if not I'll probably give in and try my luck by snagging a bunch of packs. Again Rachel, best of luck on getting your hands on those other stubborn companions.

Question for One-Eyed Jack- Is there any chance that in the future we will ever be able to gift items that we receive from the Tribal Packs, like just gear and housing items (items that currently can be gifted in the Crown Shop)? Like maybe once we open (purchase) the packs there could be an option to gift items that qualify as able to be gifted, before they are actually added to our packs and/or banks. I sure would like to help out someone who has no access to crowns, thus some of the neat items from the packs- instead of just selling off duplicate items. I know we can just gift the packs, but then the one gifting does not get the chance at what they are trying to acquire.

Would or could this even be possible? Thanks for any response, one way or another.

(I'm guessing no, because it appears that the packs purpose from a marketing standpoint is to entice people to find a way to spend money and get crowns to purchase them, seeking companion gold. So, I guess the above scenario would bypass a lot of player spending and result in more people holding out on purchasing the packs, with the hopes of being gifted).

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Rachel, and good luck to you on getting that Witchdoctor- Chilam Bak. I am hoping that KI does that 50% off Card Pack sale again in the near future as I have quite a few crowns with some Tribal Pack companions names on them. I have been fighting back the temptation to spend a bunch on the packs because I am curious to see what is added to the Crown Shop when the new updates go live. Hoping their will be some great additions to the shop, if not I'll probably give in and try my luck by snagging a bunch of packs. Again Rachel, best of luck on getting your hands on those other stubborn companions.

Question for One-Eyed Jack- Is there any chance that in the future we will ever be able to gift items that we receive from the Tribal Packs, like just gear and housing items (items that currently can be gifted in the Crown Shop)? Like maybe once we open (purchase) the packs there could be an option to gift items that qualify as able to be gifted, before they are actually added to our packs and/or banks. I sure would like to help out someone who has no access to crowns, thus some of the neat items from the packs- instead of just selling off duplicate items. I know we can just gift the packs, but then the one gifting does not get the chance at what they are trying to acquire.

Would or could this even be possible? Thanks for any response, one way or another.

(I'm guessing no, because it appears that the packs purpose from a marketing standpoint is to entice people to find a way to spend money and get crowns to purchase them, seeking companion gold. So, I guess the above scenario would bypass a lot of player spending and result in more people holding out on purchasing the packs, with the hopes of being gifted).
I may not be the friendliest necromancer rabbit around but I can answer your question with my thoughts XD

I don't think it will happen simply because they haven't done it with Wizard101 despite having those packs for way longer then us. But who knows maybe they might (Although likely not )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
I may not be the friendliest necromancer rabbit around but I can answer your question with my thoughts XD

I don't think it will happen simply because they haven't done it with Wizard101 despite having those packs for way longer then us. But who knows maybe they might (Although likely not )
Thanks Rachel, nice to see that your thought are so vocal. Yeah I wouldn't think it would happen either, just for the fact that the gifting of those items wouldn't require a separate purchase from the Crown Shop. All current pirate gear and housing items purchased from the shop currently require an individual purchase (for self or gifting). My suggestion or wish would eliminate that and basically we would be gifting 'free' gear (besides the 399 for the pack). So, it surely wouldn't make sense from KI's standpoint.

But at the time of my suggestion I was listening to Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World", so generosity and thoughts of "trees of green and red roses too" were speaking on my behalf.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Rachel, nice to see that your thought are so vocal. Yeah I wouldn't think it would happen either, just for the fact that the gifting of those items wouldn't require a separate purchase from the Crown Shop. All current pirate gear and housing items purchased from the shop currently require an individual purchase (for self or gifting). My suggestion or wish would eliminate that and basically we would be gifting 'free' gear (besides the 399 for the pack). So, it surely wouldn't make sense from KI's standpoint.

But at the time of my suggestion I was listening to Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World", so generosity and thoughts of "trees of green and red roses too" were speaking on my behalf.
Well no one can be blamed for overflowing optimism when listening to that song.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Well no one can be blamed for overflowing optimism when listening to that song.
So, so true, Chrissy- if only listening to that song would produce the happiness it portrays and positive results as well...truly "What a Wonderful World It Would Be". (By the way this is another one of the songs the babies rather enjoy their troubadour daddy singing, complete with Armstrong's distinctive delivery...well, almost- pretty darn close though)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I may not bought much tribal packs,but i did got some rear pets and awesome mounts.It's luck sometimes, that it might give something really rear like a rear mount but still no luck with the aztecan companions. Like they said " there is a small chance in each pack, an aztecan crew waiting in each pack."

I guess some pirates are luckier than others. I wonder is it even possible to recruit all 5 azteca companions,so far i only see 3 of the 5 companions, as a player.

Well good luck getting all five companions pirates.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I may not bought much tribal packs,but i did got some rear pets and awesome mounts.It's luck sometimes, that it might give something really rear like a rear mount but still no luck with the aztecan companions. Like they said " there is a small chance in each pack, an aztecan crew waiting in each pack."

I guess some pirates are luckier than others. I wonder is it even possible to recruit all 5 azteca companions,so far i only see 3 of the 5 companions, as a player.

Well good luck getting all five companions pirates.
Hello there, Monkrinx2024. Congrats on getting the mounts and pets and you are sooo right about there being a small chance to get the crew.

I have an answer for you about it being possible to recruit all 5 Tribal Pack companions, as I just last night created a thread on Central right after I got the last of the 5. I was incredibly lucky indeed, although it's questionable as to whether it's lucky to spend so much money on a game.

But feel free to please check out all 5 of my Tribal Pack Companions. I believe you have to be a member of Central to get the close up member view of the screenshots.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!