Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Accents!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Title says it all. If your pirate had an accent, what would it be? You can also guess the accent of NPCs in the game.
For my George Gordon, he would have a mix of Irish and German. Sounds good for him. (Any questions about Irish or German accents will not be answered. I have my reasons.)

-George Gordon, lvl 37

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
lol, mine would probably be italian, russian, or indian, (i love their accents!)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hmmm...

Emma's would definitely be southern, simple as that. She speaks using terms like 'y'all' and has a somewhat country undertone to her voice. She's good at faking a normal voice besides.

Ciao!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, if you 'ave been following ze roleplays, such as Ze Masked Ball in Padova, you would 'ave already noticed zat Red Scarlett Kidd and 'er little sister Red Jenny boze speak wiz a slight Polarian accent.

Actually, my two main pirates have had polarian accents ever since Emma's very first roleplay thread. I myself am from Canada, and thought that the best way to differentiate my pirates was to have them come from a spiral world that would at share some similarities to Canada, so my choice was either Polaris or Grizzelheim or maybe Marleybone. But since I can speak french (although I speak french better than I can write it) and also because I hear french accents at work and around my town everyday, I decided to make Scarlett and Jenny Polarian.

However, I should point out that their accent is not a true french accent, it's more of an easily recognizable version of a french accent.

Captain
May 13, 2011
probably my accent: Norwegian with a bit of American in it (i tried to speak as much American as possible when i first learned English)

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Well, Laura is a mix of southern and pirate, with a bit of Japanese.
Kai speaks with a hint of Italian and Japanese.
Felix has just a small Japanese accent.
They all come originally from Mooshu, so that's the Japanese accent. Kai learned Italian in Valencia, then English. Laura spent a bit too much time in Cool Ranch training her gunnery and swordplay. Felix carries a translator with him that automatically translates what he hears and says after he turns it on.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I have five so here they are,

Jessica Orton- Greek, high toned, a little loud and very talkative.

Reckless Nicole Ramsey- Irish, medium toned and some what talkative.

Slick Brittney Andrews- French, High Class toned and some what talkative.

Amber Underwood- Irish, cold,deep,toned and very private.

Sneaky Isabel Morgan - Spanish, soft,peaceful toned and some what private.

In summary, private means this character don't talk much and talkative means this character talk a lot.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
My max witch doctor Faithful Tatiana Jackson would have a Egyptian accent as she was raised in Krokatopia.
My max privateer Hazel Devereux would have a French accent.
My level 38 Swashbuckler Dark Amber Dove would have a Asian accent as she was raised in Mooshu.
My level 64 buccaneer Dark James Devereux would have a Scottish accent as he was raised in Grizzleheim.
My level 53 musketeer James Nightingale would have a British accent because he was raised in Marleybone.
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson
- Hazel Devereux
- Dark Amber Dove
- Dark James Devereux
- James Nightingale

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you 'ave been following ze roleplays, such as Ze Masked Ball in Padova, you would 'ave already noticed zat Red Scarlett Kidd and 'er little sister Red Jenny boze speak wiz a slight Polarian accent.

Actually, my two main pirates have had polarian accents ever since Emma's very first roleplay thread. I myself am from Canada, and thought that the best way to differentiate my pirates was to have them come from a spiral world that would at share some similarities to Canada, so my choice was either Polaris or Grizzelheim or maybe Marleybone. But since I can speak french (although I speak french better than I can write it) and also because I hear french accents at work and around my town everyday, I decided to make Scarlett and Jenny Polarian.

However, I should point out that their accent is not a true french accent, it's more of an easily recognizable version of a french accent.
Well true or recognizable, I just adore it and can just "Hear" you every time I read your wonderful stuff. You have an amazing gift for onomatopoetic flair with the accents and they bring almost as much joy to me as listening to a musical Irish Brogue.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
"Madames et Messieurs, Je viens de France avec Morgan Laffite. Oh, I am very sorry my fellow pirates. I had just come from talking to Madame Laffite in Swashvuckler's hall. Ve vere having a excellent talk about how much ve love croissants." "I prefer biscuits at afternoon tea myself, earl grey being a delightful pairing." "Ye can't go blubberin' about with crumbs about your ship. I prefer straight Yum and nothin' but." "I really like waffles..." -everybody stares at Billy-

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
My swashbucklers and privateer speak a pirate American accent. My lower level swashbuckler has a bit heavier pirate accent. My privateer has a lighter accent.

My witchdoctor is a pirate accent with a touch of American and Italian.

My buccaneer has a Norwegian accent.

My musketeer has a British accent.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My pirate was raised in mooshu so would speak with that accent, however since I think I lost my parents at age 5: I would also have a trace of their accents ( since you learn to talk from your parents ) so I've chosen scrimshaw, like sarah steele.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Ah! All these accents! XD Love all of them, truly!

Pearl, I imagine, has just an American accent, a little bit of pirate and a bit of Cockney. She lost her Chinese accent while learning English, but she can still speak Chinese, as well as Japanese, without sounding foreign.

Connor has a London English accent. When he tries to speak Chinese or Japanese, it always comes off as English. (I tried imitating him speaking the two languages with his accent. So hard to say things correctly. )

Both use Japanese and Chinese hesitation sounds (eto for example ) when they speak.
Darn it, I'm not as creative as the rest of you guys. Keep it up!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Hmmm…
Maria would probably have a New Orleans accent with the southern drawl and the Yat dialect coming up every now and again.
Hobbes would have a British accent.
Nicols has a thick Italian accent, but not too thick as to be satirical.
Omar is one I'm not sure about. I think he might have a slight romanian or irish accent personally.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Hello my friends! It is DanteZEPirate again... I am aware of my LACK of posting but I have come back because the excitement and anticipation almost made me have a heart attack..... Very well then. I Dante, have a British accent because I was raised in marleybone... now my friends.... read that whole thing again in a british accent!

Level 65 Musketeer

Dante