Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the hydra glitch

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
ok so you in the storyline, in aquila, i have to kill the hydra for a quest? yea me and a friend went there got in battle with it, in the first round the black head came up, ebon, then the next round the three others come right? well he is the glitch, the second time ebon shows up, we cant see him, but bonnie says," look there is ebon, grab him"
my friend told me that this happened before and we cant attack him, so had to restart the whole battle again and then he showed up, could you help jack?

Administrator
Hi! The hydra bug has been reported multiple times by many people. I've even documented it myself with a video and a Captain's Log file internally! The best I can say is that it's a slippery bug, we're aware of it, and hopefully we can get it fixed in one of our upcoming updates.

Thanks for your report.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
my buccaneer also had a problem with him. a hydra head appeared on my friend who was helping me and he cant hit himself so he was stuck until the battle ended

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
If you defeat the hydra's Ebon head with a DOT (damage over time) attack while it is still submerged, Ebon will never resurface, so you cannot win the battle. This is a previously reported bug. I have not seen this happen for about 6 months, but could that have happened to you, Sir That Guy? Did you have a Poison, Backstab or Mournsong DOT debuff on Ebon when he disappeared the second time?

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
well i my friend was a swashbuckler, so maybe he did something

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Sir That Guy on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
ok so you in the storyline, in aquila, i have to kill the hydra for a quest? yea me and a friend went there got in battle with it, in the first round the black head came up, ebon, then the next round the three others come right? well he is the glitch, the second time ebon shows up, we cant see him, but bonnie says," look there is ebon, grab him"
my friend told me that this happened before and we cant attack him, so had to restart the whole battle again and then he showed up, could you help jack?
to be honest, this has happened to me as well, BUT there is a way around this glitch, when it happens and ebon is no where to be seen, that usually means it accidentally spawned ON TOP of one of its other heads, just keep clearing heads until the ebon head shows. it worked for me, at least