Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tips for Rooke

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I have to fight Rooke and I hear he's HARD I need some tips and also it would help how long it took for you, I'm timed you see and I need to know how long it is to see if I can do it. As you know I'm a buccaneer. I need to know things like what companions I should use and anything that could help thx

-Jack nightgale lvl 62 buccaneer

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
I have to fight Rooke and I hear he's HARD I need some tips and also it would help how long it took for you, I'm timed you see and I need to know how long it is to see if I can do it. As you know I'm a buccaneer. I need to know things like what companions I should use and anything that could help thx

ok first no musketeer companions to aim at him he has richtocet which sends the blast at you or allies don't help the other dogs just nelson to heal

Captain
May 13, 2011
TheDragonspyrePira... on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:

i never lost against him, but im probably just lucky. as a buccaneer, you should cover admiral nelson, who has to be protected in the fight. you win if rooke is defeated. remember this: DO NOT shoot him with a musketeer! he can use his epic, rookochet, to absorb the shot and reflect it towards someone else. also, dont just walk straight to him. he will use the epic overprotection to repel anyone who walks towards him. this battle will be huge, with lots of people on both sides, so make sure you have time. if you have walk in shadows or any other stealth skill, you can use it to walk up to him without triggering his overprotection. otherwise you have to wait for him to walk up to you. any companions unable to attack him should focus on other clockworks to reduce the threat around you. those who have the opportunity to strike should do it. you fight him a second time at the end of the dungeon, but this time, conditions are normal and the battle is shorter. after his second defeat, the second chance chest should appear

since you are a buccaneer, you should bring kobe. he can use his skills to lower rookes strength and armor, then strike again with the guaranteed critical hit to deal some good damage

remember, for the first battle, protect admiral nelson. as a buccaneer, it should be easier for you than other classes

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I didn't really do anything especially when facing him, all I did was fight how I normally did. Take him out first, and the rest will be easy :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Good advice about not shooting Rooke, I also advise NO witchdoctor spells. He has some preemptive strike ( I forget what it's called ) anyway you get straffed by battle angels when you do. It gave my WD the worst time... If you're able to get to Rooke, try putting yourself between him and an object or an enemy, it still triggers overprotection, but at least he won't knock you back three squares.