Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - Teaming Up

AuthorMessage
Developer
Happy Fun-filled first Friday in February from FrogFather, friends!

Pull up a toadstool and let’s catch up a bit. How’s Piratin’ these days? Are the tradewinds blowing in the right direction for yous? Staying clear all the dangerous types out there? I have every confidence that you, Pirate, are quite capable of handling yourself under the most harrowing of circumstances, even if it means pooling forces with other Pirates now and then. You know what Frogfather always says: “If you can’t beat’em, join up against’em.”

And I’m glad you brought this up. Partnerships are important to the The FrogFather. Partnerships are what make the Spiral go round, and ya never know when another Pirate might be able to help you out of a jam, or bring you some Jam filled with sticky-sweet flies, or fly across the skyway to help raid Boss ships w/ you, or this or that, or that or this, yabba dabba do you know what I’m saying here? Sometimes, it’s just nice to mosey on over for a friendly chat - “Why, what a very nice Shark Mount you have there, Pirate Friend, looks very snappy – Ohhh, Frogeddabowdit!”

I personally have many associates I deal with. Slimy Jenkins keeps an eye the docks for me, Rocco “welcomes” new visitors to the neighborhood, Toady my consigliore talks a lot, ‘course you know Max at the door… once upon a time, you may recall, I even co-intermingled with your parents – great Pirates, Frog bless’em. Needless to say, The Frogfather understands the importance of connections.

So connect with me on this – tell me of your favorite Spiral activities involving other Pirates? Do you like to visit other Pirates’ ships and have a sail, or join in on combat together, or check out the fancy digs at their new Pirate house? Better yet, tell me how would you like to see Pirates adventuring together or teaming up in new and exciting ways?

Like I always say, “…Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can…” right? Well, let’s dig into that and see what new treasures we can drum up, capeaches? Capickles? Wait a minute, you play the drums!?! Don’t move – “TOADY, MAX, somebody bring my clarinet – me and my Pirate Friends are gonna jaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!” You want flies with that?

Ciao time,

FF

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Captain
May 13, 2011
for me, it would mostly be farming or pvp. there are also rare times i role play or quest with other people too

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol Personally I love Capeachies the best.
I love going to other pirates homes and see how they decorated things. It always gives me great ideas and at times makes for some GREAT screenshots. Um.......You don't eat shutterbugs too do you
I also love teaming up with friends to do an occasional Nautical Xp sweep. The skyways need an occasional cleaning up and it instills the proper fear of us pirates into those nefarious types attempting to stake out territories. These kinds of battles are great because the power is usually fairly balanced and it is so easy to take turns 'On Point' and then heal up during the next battle while your buddy takes 'Point'. I understand that this is moot when dealing with a boss but then when dealing with a multitasking boss that can shoot at more than one pirate at a time, what better time to have a few friends with you to help watch yer back.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2010
My favorite activity is ship-to-ship combat , teaming with my friends to defeat enemy ships. Especially at NXP parties. :)
I also enjoy PvP. I find it very interesting in pirates, because you never knew what's going to happen. ;)
I would like to see a two-player mount in Pirate101, as well as ship PvP.

Happy Friday to you as well!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Michael Radcliffe: "Well Frogfather, that is an interesting question. I believe teaming up to farm bosses for their drops is my most favorite teaming up moment. Ever since I left home.........teamwork has been critical for me."

In all seriousness, teaming up is important in this game. Whether it be for farming or to help out a friend with one of those pesky quests, it all works out in the end!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I can't say that I really find too much to do with other Pirates, currently. I don't care for PvP, and I'll help someone out in a battle if I run into them, but since I stay in non-crowded realms, that doesn't happen too often. The thing I do most is fight ships with other Pirates. It's the easiest to join in on, actually helps the battle go faster and no one gets mad at anyone for showing up (unless they accidentally get boarded when they do).

That said, what about an in-game "Job Board" where players who are looking for help could leave a note, say with a Bartender in each world. Then, if another player checks with that Bartender, they'd be given the list of players' names and the Menu Chat phrase that corresponds to the quests. The helping player could select which Pirate they'd like to help and be able to port to them even if they aren't friends. If a Pirate would like to farm a boss or gain Nautical xp in the area, they could post a Notice with the Bartender in that world and others could join them.

Second idea, create a sort of quest where multiple Pirates each had to collect a piece of an item (like Pieces of Eight/Spanish Dollar coin) and get together with other Pirates who might have the other pieces. You'd have to meet up with enough other Pirates who had the other pieces you needed to make your own Spanish Dollar whole. The interface could kind of be based on the treasure card trading interface in Wizard101, but Pirates would trade their pieces instead of treasure cards. What you'd get when you collected all of the pieces could be anything, a new housing item, a new piece of gear, etc.

Hope those sound good

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I enjoy fighting a new, tough enemy with my friends. We don't know what to expect from the boss and it's fun working as a team.

Community Leader
This has been mentioned, but I want to mention it again, NXP Parties! I love NXP Parties. They are helpful and if you have any trouble sinking pirate ships for nautical experience and really want help gaining nautical experience/levels. The more pirates there are to team up at the party, the easier it makes it to sink a pirate ship. Thank you so much for ship combat for NXP Parties, Kingsisle.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
pvp always!
Eager Morgrim Rakes lvl 43 witchdoctor

Ensign
Oct 04, 2013
I love PvP and especially having my own PvP area at my house. I love seeing others' houses and ships. And it's really fun to gang up on enemy ships together in combat and I love to help smaller pirates with big boss fights.
As for something new, in addition to the games we have, I would like to be able to play games with other pirates.
Also it would be awesome to have pirate ship races with other pirates. We could have the option to buy a pirate ship racing boat, add upgrades to it and race each other.
Then I think it would be fun to be able to have parties at your house or a designated party area that we could rent for gold or crowns. There could be a party supply vendor that we could buy party decorations for our house and party activities like little mini games that pirates can play together there.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Cricket8it2 on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
I love PvP and especially having my own PvP area at my house. I love seeing others' houses and ships. And it's really fun to gang up on enemy ships together in combat and I love to help smaller pirates with big boss fights.
As for something new, in addition to the games we have, I would like to be able to play games with other pirates.
Also it would be awesome to have pirate ship races with other pirates. We could have the option to buy a pirate ship racing boat, add upgrades to it and race each other.
Then I think it would be fun to be able to have parties at your house or a designated party area that we could rent for gold or crowns. There could be a party supply vendor that we could buy party decorations for our house and party activities like little mini games that pirates can play together there.
This gives me ideas for crowns only housing items that would be awesome. How about party games that can be bought in the crowns shop like the tag game in Wizard 101.
a. Invasion : A plague of pet-sized monsters swarms the house. Players run around defeating them. Pressing X once in the vicinity of each invader defeats him (in the manner of opening a chest after a battle). There could be five different possible monster types (one type representing each class). Whoever defeats the most monsters wins. Some ideas for invaders: Ghosts-Witchdoctor, Trolls-Buccaneer, Scorpions-Swashbucklers, Sky Dragons-Privateers, Skeletal Corsairs-Musketeer. A few power-ups, like extra speed, or stun other player could randomly drop as well.
b. Ship-based PvP : The skyway around the player's house is the arena. There could be a windlane circling the perimeter of the house skyway clockwise. Every house in the game already has a dock, we just need enough parking places for all participants. In broadside combat, players may attack any player they right-click on, and a player without a designated target immediately targets the first player who fires at him. Potion bottles may be used to attain full ship and pirate health during broadside combat. Broadside combat can lead to deckside combat and all companion hit points reflect ship health at the beginning round of deckside combat, but player health will be unaffected by ship health. The player that initiates deckside combat (pressing x while in short range and facing the enemy ship) is blue team and goes first. The player who was boarded is red team. Additional players who board may only do so in pairs (the third pirate in the fight enters deckside combat on the same round as the fourth pirate to join, but 3rd pirate picks what team he will join, 4th pirate is on the other team). Newly arriving pirates will appear on the deck of the ship they boarded closest to for deckside combat.
c. A multi-tiered, replayable dungeon accessible from a sigil at the house (similar in scope to the pagoda dungeon in the pagoda bundle). This side content would drop level-appropriate items for its tier as well as unique no trade, no auction, power or talent card bearing items. The dungeon could be an underwater or dry cave complex, a tower (old hat), a flotsam ship wreckage complex, or even an undead leviathan filled with undead creatures and giant worms (like the Bloodvines in Monquista).

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I usually just fight with and against other players in fights and pvp. As for the second question, I would like to see some kind of house-rating feature in p101 similar to the system used in w101. Also, some kind of ship races as well, where players use their ships to race against other players ships in world-themed courses or even courses that we the players make at our own houses (kinda like ship pvp, but in a ship racing form and not in a directly combat form).

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
As much as I love soloing their is nothing like questing in a group, especially when you got a full team and are all in the same spot of the storyline. :D I say my greatest teaming up moment was in CR where I had some others finishing up the place along with me.