Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Awesome Art Angel Xiriga!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
WOWWOWWOW!!! WOWOWOW you are an epic drawer, artist, painter wow wow it looks so cool wow! I hope your drawings make it into the game you have such talent! Congrats xiriganism!

X Goes back to staring at fan art X

Administrator
Agreed! We have some pretty amazing fans!

Angel Xiriga's art and more can be found here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/fan_art/

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Agreed! We have some pretty amazing fans!

Angel Xiriga's art and more can be found here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/fan_art/
Yes the Pirate 101 facebook of Fan Art Gallery is indeed a wonderful album. There is some really nice stuff in there. I am also especially proud of Angel for his wonderful work, especially since he did that totally awesome portrait of my Fair Christina Nightingale. He said he worked really hard to put my personality in her face and I sure love it. It is one of my most cherished gifts. He even did a drawing off of a photo of me and my beloved late husband which truly made me cry with joy and gratitude. Even his tweaking and improving the look of the class icons shows what a little attention can do to make something you don't think twice about really Pop.
I really hope you artists realize the huge value your work has. Art has a way of speaking to our hearts in the way of the best blessing. When someone gives someone a piece of their art, they are giving a part of themselves that is truly part of the very best part of them. I am repeating too many words but I hope I am getting my feelings across right.
I always enjoy looking at all the wonderful fan art that you guys submit. It just impresses the socks off of me. Yea I have a gift for taking a nice screenshot or photograph and I don't want to lessen that ability to see the beauty in the simplest of things and being able to capture it on film or screenshot, but to be able to create out of thin air, to be able to actually create something that did not exist before is an amazing gift.
I guess, to me, it is the difference in being able to sing well and stay on key and being able to harmonize with the melody. It goes from being beautiful to being jaw dropping in exquisiteness.
You artists out there, please keep up the good work for your kind of stuff really feeds my soul. Never make the mistake of comparing your artwork to someone else's and thinking yours isn't as good and doesn't deserve to be there. Any art you create is just the hard copy of your heart singing about something that causes it to rejoice. Something from the heart is always good and worth seeing and sharing. Please keep creating and submitting it to this site so that us fellow art appreciation fans here will keep our hearts well fed as long as KingsIsle continues to brighten our world by giving you your own gallery to show us all the colors of your hearts.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I agree, very well done. I'm actually considering sending in some work of my own, maybe-

"Darling, you should send in that drawing you did of me, Cori, and Valentina!"

Cerebella, no-

"I'm sure people want to see how beautiful I am, correct?"

Yes, but-

"I mean, I have most of the votes on the poll! I'm gorgeous!"

You are, but listen-

"It's simply-"

"SILENCE!!!!" Valentina's scratchy, rough voice shrieked.

"Eep!"

Thanks, V.... And I gotta color it, then ask permission, maybe redraw a new one with different poses. But still, I'm loving the fanart so far. Continue sending in!

Ciao!

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Wow...I'm floored...

I wasn't expecting to see this at all...my sis notified me that there was a post about my art. Thank You all so much! I'm truly flattered. Yes I know I have been away from the game for quite some time tending to RL things as well as the fact that Its become stale (granted that should soon change...I hope :P) But I do still draw and I will prolly draw more for KI when they update. (Actually I held back quite a few drawings :P)

Thanks for all the inspiration and heartfelt sentiments, it truly does make a person want to continue pursuing their artistic desires, seeing people really acknowledge your work. And Your very welcome Chrissy, I had fun doing the things I did for you, and you are the one who originally got me the confidence to get out here and send in art. So I Owe you my thanks for inspiring me and believing in me time and time again.

Toodles XD, See you people when KI updates
And Thanks GoldenGuardian, that many wows is enough to get me wowing too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Xiriganism on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Wow...I'm floored...

I wasn't expecting to see this at all...my sis notified me that there was a post about my art. Thank You all so much! I'm truly flattered. Yes I know I have been away from the game for quite some time tending to RL things as well as the fact that Its become stale (granted that should soon change...I hope :P) But I do still draw and I will prolly draw more for KI when they update. (Actually I held back quite a few drawings :P)

Thanks for all the inspiration and heartfelt sentiments, it truly does make a person want to continue pursuing their artistic desires, seeing people really acknowledge your work. And Your very welcome Chrissy, I had fun doing the things I did for you, and you are the one who originally got me the confidence to get out here and send in art. So I Owe you my thanks for inspiring me and believing in me time and time again.

Toodles XD, See you people when KI updates
And Thanks GoldenGuardian, that many wows is enough to get me wowing too.
Wow (Yes, more wows ) Angel, You are indeed most welcome. I had no idea that my words of truth from my heart were so influential in helping you to trust your gifting and to shine as you deserve. Besides, how could I NOT believe in such a nice, wonderful, caring and exceptionally gifted friend.
See what I mean, my wonderful family? This shows the true power of blessing others. I merely spoke truth and professed the song of my heart and see what wonderful things that grew out of blessing and encouraging others. You show me time and again how powerful blessings can be as I watch you bless others and when you turn that blessing brigade back on me. We are a powerful weapon for good and mighty things start out of our generosity towards others.
Thank you again Angel. You have once again uplifted me and given me more strength to keep being me.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
There certainly is a lot of lovely art featured, and I agree with you Golden Guardian, on Angel Xiriga's excellent work. And Chrissy is right too: submitting your art work is an act of the heart, of bringing your own imagination and skills into play as a deeper way of enjoying the game and expressing your admiration. It is not a contest.

That being said, Angel, I found your work to be especially fine. I loved Chrissy's portrait -- I could really see her sweetness that is so essential to her being. Inspired by your work, I see the flaws in my own, realizing mine needs more color saturation. These are very good things to learn by example. If I may ask, what medium did you use for your art work?

And Emma, when you get the opportunity, do submit your work. I would love to see it!

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
There certainly is a lot of lovely art featured, and I agree with you Golden Guardian, on Angel Xiriga's excellent work. And Chrissy is right too: submitting your art work is an act of the heart, of bringing your own imagination and skills into play as a deeper way of enjoying the game and expressing your admiration. It is not a contest.

That being said, Angel, I found your work to be especially fine. I loved Chrissy's portrait -- I could really see her sweetness that is so essential to her being. Inspired by your work, I see the flaws in my own, realizing mine needs more color saturation. These are very good things to learn by example. If I may ask, what medium did you use for your art work?

And Emma, when you get the opportunity, do submit your work. I would love to see it!
Thank You Anne ^^

Saturation density isn't really a flaw. Some people like their art less saturated than others. I for one played with the saturation of my Egg Shen, before settling on what I uploaded here. Its a matter of the effect you want to give off and what you want viewers to see. For example, for something cute and bubbly you may want to use very deep saturation for vibrancy. I.e Chrissy's pic (lol)

While something more epic and ancient (like egg shen ^_^), you'd tone the saturation down a bit to give a look of historical depth. Since I did some research on Chinese warrior culture and thought the look I gave him for his fan based promotion, would be a logical step up.

So Its all about the piece k?

And I draw on paper and on the computer, but these were all done on the computer using Paint Tool Sai and a Wacom Bamboo fun (now I have an intuos)

Hope that Helps

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Wow, Angel Xiriga! I just checked out your work and indeed you are an amazing talent. I love how each one of your pieces of work comes to life in it's own unique way. It's hard to describe, but it is as if each piece tells a story but from a different author and totally different points of view, almost like if there where multiple artists creating them- yet they are all created by you. Very captivating to say the least.

Simply Amazing!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Xiriganism on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Thank You Anne ^^

Saturation density isn't really a flaw. Some people like their art less saturated than others. I for one played with the saturation of my Egg Shen, before settling on what I uploaded here. Its a matter of the effect you want to give off and what you want viewers to see. For example, for something cute and bubbly you may want to use very deep saturation for vibrancy. I.e Chrissy's pic (lol)

While something more epic and ancient (like egg shen ^_^), you'd tone the saturation down a bit to give a look of historical depth. Since I did some research on Chinese warrior culture and thought the look I gave him for his fan based promotion, would be a logical step up.

And I draw on paper and on the computer, but these were all done on the computer using Paint Tool Sai and a Wacom Bamboo fun (now I have an intuos)

Hope that Helps
*Giggles* I dare say I do not think I have been described as cute and bubbly before.
But I actually think I like it. You always manage to bless me further Angel. Thank you.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
asdlgkha;ldfskg AMAZING!!! Just barely found the time to take a peek at your art! How do you get all the proportions to be so... *can't find the word because of the awesomeness overflow*

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Xiriganism on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Thank You Anne ^^

Hope that Helps
Thanks, Angel! It does indeed help. That information is very good to know if I decide I want to explore doing art on the computer, though right now I'll just stick to my pencils and inks. I need more practice with those anyway.