Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gasp shocking thought

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
I was looking if the newsletter for February had come and I went to the books for the cultured pirate for January and I read one-eyed jack and I saw that anne bonny was married to calico jake x gasp x if we ever recruit calico jake will they get the same promo quest where the radicals are trying to stop their wedding so I was just wondering.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CanaanBC on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I was looking if the newsletter for February had come and I went to the books for the cultured pirate for January and I read one-eyed jack and I saw that anne bonny was married to calico jake x gasp x if we ever recruit calico jake will they get the same promo quest where the radicals are trying to stop their wedding so I was just wondering.
That is an interesting thought, Monsieur Canaan, but I suspect these game characters are more a playful reference to the historical people than closely inspired by them. I could be wrong, of course. Then again, Bonnie Anne is far more moral and reflective than anything I have read of Anne Bonney (then again, I can't recall at the moment any 'moral' historical pirates, either!).

And as far as speculation for a low key romance for Bonnie Anne goes, my guess would not be Calico Jake. Her dialogue indicates that she regards him fondly and has a certain loyalty to him, but I suspect she considers him too much of a rascal for her. Bonnie Anne would want a mate of unquestionable integrity, someone intelligent and thoughtful, someone who would work with her as an equal partner. And there is already someone in this game who fits that bill, someone who I suspect is rather sweet on her... But whether this incipient romance will ever go anywhere is hard to say. And after all, it is all merely speculation on my part!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I would give TONS to have a close replica of the original Boochbeard Bundle Cat Pirate. If Calico Jake will be made a companion, it may be highly likely. Good eye!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
That is an interesting thought, Monsieur Canaan, but I suspect these game characters are more a playful reference to the historical people than closely inspired by them. I could be wrong, of course. Then again, Bonnie Anne is far more moral and reflective than anything I have read of Anne Bonney (then again, I can't recall at the moment any 'moral' historical pirates, either!).

And as far as speculation for a low key romance for Bonnie Anne goes, my guess would not be Calico Jake. Her dialogue indicates that she regards him fondly and has a certain loyalty to him, but I suspect she considers him too much of a rascal for her. Bonnie Anne would want a mate of unquestionable integrity, someone intelligent and thoughtful, someone who would work with her as an equal partner. And there is already someone in this game who fits that bill, someone who I suspect is rather sweet on her... But whether this incipient romance will ever go anywhere is hard to say. And after all, it is all merely speculation on my part!
I think Lucius Fox has a thing for her too, Anne. Here's a thread with other opinions: link http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?49672-Lucius-Fox-Theory&highlight=lucius+fox
I have an even stronger opinion that Calico Jake is the traitor that tried to sell us to Deacon in Bonnie's second Promotion. The Armada had all the exits covered, but Jake wasn't worried about escaping. Nor did he try to help us fight or escape. Also, who else had a better opportunity to verify that the correct pirates were inside the building before the Armada sprang the trap?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Row4n412 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I think Lucius Fox has a thing for her too, Anne. Here's a thread with other opinions: link http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?49672-Lucius-Fox-Theory&highlight=lucius+fox
I have an even stronger opinion that Calico Jake is the traitor that tried to sell us to Deacon in Bonnie's second Promotion. The Armada had all the exits covered, but Jake wasn't worried about escaping. Nor did he try to help us fight or escape. Also, who else had a better opportunity to verify that the correct pirates were inside the building before the Armada sprang the trap?
Hmmm, very interesting point. * Looks at Calico Jake again with a different eye. Eyebrow goes up.*

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:

Why is everyone talking about Bonnie marrying Calico or Bonnie marrying Lucius? As far as I am concerened, pirates dont marry and never want to marry at all at all.

El Toro & Sally: Ahem Captain!

Well ok those 2 married, but I highly doubt Hawkules would marry Zeena, Ratbeard would marry Sarah Steele and subodai wont marry Nausica! In my crew, we are all family members of a pirate brotherhood.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, no worries, Golden Guardian, I was just thinking that there might be a low key romance for Bonnie Anne (and Lucius) -- not to the extent of love and marriage, but shy glances, smiles, acts of friendship for each other, that sort of thing. Just some light-hearted sweetness, but that is all just imagination on my part, without any basis in reality!

And indeed, 'Row', Calico Jake is a suspect in the betrayal at Monte Royale, but we don't know everyone involved, only Mister M., Catbeard, and Calico Jake (at least in my recollection). In Calico Jake's favor, he is the one who notices the ambush first -- if he was the traitor, I would expect that he would wait until the trap was well sprung. Calico Jake also says that he will hold off the enemy, and we should run for it. I would expect a traitor would either melt quietly out of the situation, or collude with the enemy at that point. Unless, of course, he is playing a really long game against Marleybone and wants to remain unsuspected... just in case we manage to escape. I also suspect that the traitor probably set up Catbeard to be captured by the Marleybonean navy -- he (or she) didn't know Catbeard's exact location, but close enough so the navy was waiting when the pirate ventured forth. If so, this would suggest that the traitor is working to take out Mr. M's operatives. Which - if Calico Jake is a genuine agent- could well mean he is next...

Though I will say, Calico Jake's valiant words of 'I'll hold them off', very nearly got my Anne into a serious pickle. I didn't want to run and leave him behind, and so was late to start making my escape -- which made for a hair-raising adventure indeed!