Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please fix the Menu chat!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
The menu chat needs more emotes and more phrases, like "Let's go to my house", incase you want to throw a party at your house. It can also be, "Did you win?" incase you want to know if somebody won a fight or got a certain item, and put PVP phrases DURING PVP fights, not just before them. Please reply and yar if you agree!

Administrator
Good thoughts here! Any other chat items you think might be missing? (We also have this old thread, just FYI)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh I can think of many. Plus I would love to have access to more of them during a fight for when I get pleas for help and I can't say enough to them especially if I cannot help..
My suggestions:
Sorry I am in a dungeon and will be busy for a while.
Sorry I am already helping someone right now.
Please ask before teleporting
Thanks for asking
Do you need more?
Did you get what you need?
Please let me start the ship fight, my larger ship can handle the damage easier.
Watch out! A ship is closing in on you.
Can you please clear a spot so I can get a fighter to help you?
Your companions are really low. Perhaps you need to train some more.
I will help you build your nautical xp. Let's focus on ships.
Keep circling the ship. He can't board you if you are behind him.
Don't board, I am going to flee.
Please don't join my battle, I am almost done.
Please do not do that or I may unfriend you
I have put you on my "Ignore" list and cannot see anything you are saying.
Please stop asking that.
Just go to your fight that you need help with and I will teleport to you.
What do you need help with?
Please put your pet away for this fight, there isn't enough room.
I have a heal coming for you.
I am healing your companion.
Please let me go first so my buffs will help you better.
Please do not rush into next fight. I want to read the story line first.
It is His/Her quest, please let them go first so they can read what is going on.
Here is a chest for you.
Here is a Zeke item for you.
Please don't touch this, it is a trap.
Would you like to help me farm a boss for drops?
Would you like to help me farm a boss for gold?
Nautical Xp party going on now. Follow me.
OK, it is safe to unbottle your ship.
Please unbottle your ship now.
When farming this turret back off and heal if you get too low.
You cannot unbottle while I am in battle.
Please clear the tokens from your deck before you start the next fight.

I know they probably can't all be used but I have wished to say these things.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
i would like the ability to say Why? A couple a menu chat friend asked me to go away and there was no way to ask why?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Oh I can think of many. Plus I would love to have access to more of them during a fight for when I get pleas for help and I can't say enough to them especially if I cannot help..
My suggestions:
Thanks for asking
Do you need more?
Please let me start the ship fight, my larger ship can handle the damage easier.
Please stop asking that.
It is His/Her quest, please let them go first so they can read what is going on.
Here is a chest for you.

Now that is a very, very thorough list, I could definitely use almost all of them- and would have liked to have had them as an option in my menu chat list more than a time or too (x 1000). It is very limited on how you can interact with the menu chat and if even only a 1/4 or 1/3 of those were put in place it would benefit the menu chat system and the players for sure.

Great List Chrissy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
i would like the ability to say Why? A couple a menu chat friend asked me to go away and there was no way to ask why?
Intriguing thought but then what could they answer?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Now that is a very, very thorough list, I could definitely use almost all of them- and would have liked to have had them as an option in my menu chat list more than a time or too (x 1000). It is very limited on how you can interact with the menu chat and if even only a 1/4 or 1/3 of those were put in place it would benefit the menu chat system and the players for sure.

Great List Chrissy!
Thanks Professor for your kind words. I was afraid I was getting a bit verbose but I just kept thinking of things I wish I could have said when interacting with my menu chat friends.
I really hope they get rid of the limited battle menu. It makes it hard when a menu chatter just shows up or private messages you hello.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:

Great List Chrissy!
I thought of another one that I don't think is there but it may be I just can't remember....
How are you doing? Plus the ability to answer.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
My suggestions:
Thanks for asking
Do you need more?
Please stop asking that.
Here is a chest for you.

Now all ya need is a bit of something I call "Pirate Slang" and that'll definitely make its way into the Menu Chat
ie: Here is a chest for you. Now add Pirate Slang. Here be a chest full o' gold for ye!

Might take some time, but I'll certainly try to make some up from your list, which is just perfect by the way!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I thought of another one that I don't think is there but it may be I just can't remember....
How are you doing? Plus the ability to answer.
Hey, that's another great one.

And I don't think that one is an option because I know that I would use it every time a pirate joined me or I joined them in battle. I will ask that, but it always has to be in text or open chat. It should be an option for sure and I totally agree with you that there needs to be some menu chat options for farming. It would be nice to be able to select phrases like along the lines of the quest chat options of "Let's go defeat, so and so" by maybe choosing instead "Let's go farm Friar Sand". Although there are a lot of bosses to farm so the list would be pretty long.

Maybe instead you could say "Let's farm in Mooshu" or any other world of your choosing, with add-ons like "Would you like to join me?" or "Want to farm for gold" or maybe "Let's do some Nautical Farming". There could be a balloon under the Menu Chat that says Farming or Farming Chat, that when selected would bring up a list of farming phrases like "Old MacDonald had a"....oops, I mean "Sorry, I am busy farming" - "I can't right now, I am farming for gear" - "Thanks, but I'm just farming for now" - "Let's farm for gear" - or simply "Farming for gear" or "Gold farming for companion training points" or simply "Just doing some farming" as response phrases.

The fact is that so many pirates max out months before new content and worlds are added, so they spend a huge portion of that time farming for great gear or for gold for companions points, or working on other pirate classes- in which they still spend a ton of time farming to acquire some super gear for the new pirates they start. Due to all this time spent on farming and since it is such a big part of the game, there really should be a set of menu chat options just relating to farming. After all, there are a lot of menu chat players out there who have knowledge of and participate in farming, so they should be able to menu chat about it and be able to communicate with text and/or open chat players about farming.

Great ideas and suggestions! I like where you are going with this.

- The Professor (By the way, if I am to be The Professor, then who's Mary Ann, Ginger, Gilligan or more importantly...... The Skipper) or wait...perhaps you meant a different professor all together.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Now all ya need is a bit of something I call "Pirate Slang" and that'll definitely make its way into the Menu Chat
ie: Here is a chest for you. Now add Pirate Slang. Here be a chest full o' gold for ye!

Might take some time, but I'll certainly try to make some up from your list, which is just perfect by the way!
Oh I love that idea. Slang them up as much as possible......Please.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Hey, that's another great one.

And I don't think that one is an option because I know that I would use it every time a pirate joined me or I joined them in battle. I will ask that, but it always has to be in text or open chat. It should be an option for sure and I totally agree with you that there needs to be some menu chat options for farming. It would be nice to be able to select phrases like along the lines of the quest chat options of "Let's go defeat, so and so" by maybe choosing instead "Let's go farm Friar Sand". Although there are a lot of bosses to farm so the list would be pretty long.

Maybe instead you could say "Let's farm in Mooshu" or any other world of your choosing, with add-ons like "Would you like to join me?" or "Want to farm for gold" or maybe "Let's do some Nautical Farming". There could be a balloon under the Menu Chat that says Farming or Farming Chat, that when selected would bring up a list of farming phrases like "Old MacDonald had a"....oops, I mean "Sorry, I am busy farming" - "I can't right now, I am farming for gear" - "Thanks, but I'm just farming for now" - "Let's farm for gear" - or simply "Farming for gear" or "Gold farming for companion training points" or simply "Just doing some farming" as response phrases.

The fact is that so many pirates max out months before new content and worlds are added, so they spend a huge portion of that time farming for great gear or for gold for companions points, or working on other pirate classes- in which they still spend a ton of time farming to acquire some super gear for the new pirates they start. Due to all this time spent on farming and since it is such a big part of the game, there really should be a set of menu chat options just relating to farming. After all, there are a lot of menu chat players out there who have knowledge of and participate in farming, so they should be able to menu chat about it and be able to communicate with text and/or open chat players about farming.

Great ideas and suggestions! I like where you are going with this.

- The Professor (By the way, if I am to be The Professor, then who's Mary Ann, Ginger, Gilligan or more importantly...... The Skipper) or wait...perhaps you meant a different professor all together.
Great ideas here. I really like the ideas you have added to this.
Re: Professor, Lol as funny as that is I have to be honest and admit I wasn't all that clever. I was just thinking of Professor as in a very gifted & knowledgeable, master level teacher of many.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Yeah but what about the emotes and actions...?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Great ideas here. I really like the ideas you have added to this.
Re: Professor, Lol as funny as that is I have to be honest and admit I wasn't all that clever. I was just thinking of Professor as in a very gifted & knowledgeable, master level teacher of many.
Well, thank you regardless- and even though the character wasn't what you were eluding to, I just have to say that if that were what you originally intended, I am definitely more like Gilligan...with a dash of The Skipper.