Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gear and Nausica Questions

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hey! I have a few questions if you get a chance.

1. Captain Swing drops his entire outfit, but isn't repeatable in either his lair or the Secret Tunnel after Bonnie's promotion quest is handed in. Is this intentional? If not, do you think we'll see this updated with the next set of new content? It's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to! I'd even be willing to throw in some major crowns for a chest...

2. Many of the Marleybone creatures drop some interesting gear. Captain Swing, Underdog, Guy Fox, and Red Fox. Are there any other creatures, specifically cats, that might drop their hats or outfits? Any hint you can give us there? ;)

3. There are a lot of interesting eyepatches and even glasses in-game that look great. I had heard that totem stitching was planned. Is this true?

4. I was recently assisting Duncan in testing his Blades of Shade. Thanks for your answer on those! During the testing, he would occasionally do damage well below his damage range and not possible. Does this have anything to do with the fact that he only used one sword for these hits, or the fact that it's a Stabby/Slashy weapon? Does the damage range not account for outliers?

5. With Nausica dominating Musketeers in the arena, several have expressed interest in "untraining" Quick Draw 2. When we purchase back points, however, we don't get rid of our class powers. Are there plans to change this in an effort to allow us to allow us to weight the pros and cons of a select few abilities in each class? Several Musketeers under level 52 are already taking advantage of this option.

6. I noticed that at levels 1-45, each class had access to six cards per tier. Card A might be available on a ring, amulet, and token. Card B might be available on a hat, outfit, and boots. However, beyond that, it seems that each class has access to six cards per tier, but only one per item. So Card A might be available on a ring. Card B might be available on a token. Is this accurate?

Thanks for your time!
Swordroll

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Swordroll on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Hey! I have a few questions if you get a chance.

1. Captain Swing drops his entire outfit, but isn't repeatable in either his lair or the Secret Tunnel after Bonnie's promotion quest is handed in. Is this intentional? If not, do you think we'll see this updated with the next set of new content? It's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to! I'd even be willing to throw in some major crowns for a chest...

2. Many of the Marleybone creatures drop some interesting gear. Captain Swing, Underdog, Guy Fox, and Red Fox. Are there any other creatures, specifically cats, that might drop their hats or outfits? Any hint you can give us there? ;)

3. There are a lot of interesting eyepatches and even glasses in-game that look great. I had heard that totem stitching was planned. Is this true?

4. I was recently assisting Duncan in testing his Blades of Shade. Thanks for your answer on those! During the testing, he would occasionally do damage well below his damage range and not possible. Does this have anything to do with the fact that he only used one sword for these hits, or the fact that it's a Stabby/Slashy weapon? Does the damage range not account for outliers?

5. With Nausica dominating Musketeers in the arena, several have expressed interest in "untraining" Quick Draw 2. When we purchase back points, however, we don't get rid of our class powers. Are there plans to change this in an effort to allow us to allow us to weight the pros and cons of a select few abilities in each class? Several Musketeers under level 52 are already taking advantage of this option.

6. I noticed that at levels 1-45, each class had access to six cards per tier. Card A might be available on a ring, amulet, and token. Card B might be available on a hat, outfit, and boots. However, beyond that, it seems that each class has access to six cards per tier, but only one per item. So Card A might be available on a ring. Card B might be available on a token. Is this accurate?

Thanks for your time!
Swordroll
I have also gotten Swing's hat, looks awesome to stitch on, maybe a hint to a future appearance or just a minor bug.

I don't know of any other cats, but I do know the final battle in the safe room in the dungeon where you must go through to get the Marleybone Windstone drops a Redcoat outfit if you're interested

For 3, One Eyed Jack posted on a thread some of the ideas offered to them. You're in luck cause that one is a work in progress

That one I am not sure of, other than taking account of magical resistance and sometimes as I call them, "weak hits" that can occur sometimes, like companions for example.

The other questions, I cannot 100% answer. Then again, a developer could be more accurate, but hoping a quick response from a fellow pirate might help a bit

Developer
1. Captain Swing: It's much easier to add a 2nd chance chest than to restructure quests. Jack does a pretty good job of bringing your requests to our attention and we try to address them as time permits.

2. Nope, no hints from me. I like to keep my replies to things you *need* to know in order to progress through the game. I realize there's a "cool factor" to being a completionist (and I love you guys!), but there's also a cool factor to getting a rare drop that nobody has seen before and showing it off in game. You may have better luck persuading Jack to cough up secrets like this-- but keep in mind: I have a hook, and he only gots one eye left to pry with.

3. The problem with totem stitching is that some totems (like eyepatches) appear on your character, and some don't. If all of the data matches up we can allow stitching. We can't let you stitch a totem with no visual data to a totem with visual data-- the new item wouldn't know what it was supposed to look like! We've been adding some code recently to solve that problem, and you can assume we'll continue allow more. We know you like stitching!

4. Sure, you can get a "dud" hit-- just like you could get a crit. There's lots of variability in damage outside the range shown on the weapon. That said, we have some tweaks planned to make damage results a bit more transparent.

5. I believe I have mentioned before my reluctance to rebalance the game purely for PVP considerations. You should not expect that to change much prior to ranked PVP. Quick Draw is part of the Musketeer class, just as Vengeance Strike is part of the Buccaneer, etc. That said, I have some changes in the pipeline designed to make sequencing/stacking a little easier to understand-- and it will certainly affect PVP.

6. I don't understand the question as written, but loot distribution is always subject to change. You can rewrite the question and I will take another stab at it (but the answer may be "no comment.")

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Ratbeard on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
1. Captain Swing: It's much easier to add a 2nd chance chest than to restructure quests. Jack does a pretty good job of bringing your requests to our attention and we try to address them as time permits.

2. Nope, no hints from me. I like to keep my replies to things you *need* to know in order to progress through the game. I realize there's a "cool factor" to being a completionist (and I love you guys!), but there's also a cool factor to getting a rare drop that nobody has seen before and showing it off in game. You may have better luck persuading Jack to cough up secrets like this-- but keep in mind: I have a hook, and he only gots one eye left to pry with.

3. The problem with totem stitching is that some totems (like eyepatches) appear on your character, and some don't. If all of the data matches up we can allow stitching. We can't let you stitch a totem with no visual data to a totem with visual data-- the new item wouldn't know what it was supposed to look like! We've been adding some code recently to solve that problem, and you can assume we'll continue allow more. We know you like stitching!

4. Sure, you can get a "dud" hit-- just like you could get a crit. There's lots of variability in damage outside the range shown on the weapon. That said, we have some tweaks planned to make damage results a bit more transparent.

5. I believe I have mentioned before my reluctance to rebalance the game purely for PVP considerations. You should not expect that to change much prior to ranked PVP. Quick Draw is part of the Musketeer class, just as Vengeance Strike is part of the Buccaneer, etc. That said, I have some changes in the pipeline designed to make sequencing/stacking a little easier to understand-- and it will certainly affect PVP.

6. I don't understand the question as written, but loot distribution is always subject to change. You can rewrite the question and I will take another stab at it (but the answer may be "no comment.")
Is ranked PvP certain to come, now?