Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chinese New Year Message Board Titles!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Welcome to the Year of the Horse, pirates! Hope you enjoy discovering your new message board titles for the weekend!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
LOL, I just remembered that it is indeed the Chinese New Year! I thought the new names were My Little Pony references for some reason, lol. Good idea, KI!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the Year of the Horse, pirates! Hope you enjoy discovering your new message board titles for the weekend!
Nice little addition and change of pace- at first I thought someone had hacked or sabotaged the boards. I see now it was all part of a master plan and well.......I like it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am totally delighted with them and VERY thrilled that I get to be a Unicorn. Wow, very cool, whoever thought of this one. And totally unexpected. You guys at KI always have so many wonderful things up your sleeves that I often wonder how you manage to type at all.

Administrator
In addition, make sure you don't miss our Year of the Horse Promotion we'll have running through the weekend!

(Might be a really good time to run that Wings of Change side quest in Aquila if you've been holding on to it in your quest log . You don't see many pirates with an Aquilan Pegasus Mount.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
In addition, make sure you don't miss our Year of the Horse Promotion we'll have running through the weekend!

(Might be a really good time to run that Wings of Change side quest in Aquila if you've been holding on to it in your quest log . You don't see many pirates with an Aquilan Pegasus Mount.)
Lol I was just signing on to do that. I don't remember exactly where you go to get it and where you need to be to trigger the quest. I know my Musketeer just finished fighting the parrots and Centaurs. I would have to look at my quests to see exactly where I am if it will help. Any tips anyone?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Yay! Someone remembers Chinese New Years!!! Gong xi fa chai! (Don't know if I got the pinyin correct, but oh well. XD) May wealth, luck, and prosperity be upon you this year!!!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Year of the horse huh, hmm sounds like this might be a good year for Pirate101.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
That was such a delightful surprise, Jack! I certainly wasn't expecting that. By the way, I loved Chrissy being 'The Unicorn' (it made me start singing in my head the medieval song by Thibaut de Champagne about the unicorn, a song I haven't thought of in years and was glad to revisit).

I also really liked the horse head '2' in the banner announcing the crowns promotion. That was a nice piece of elegant graphics.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Yeah! I think this will be my lucky year! What does Foal Facsimile mean anyways? I was born on the year of the horse. Fabulous! " (in totally awesome Catbeard voice)

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Huh I am a Pinto Patron.

I don't know what that means but
Happy Chinese New Year :D

Subodai: This will be a great moment to go do my promotion quest

oh yeah um maybe after aquila?

Subodai: Your so lazy with promotion quests, I am surprised Sarah is fully promoted
Sarah: You may have been saved by him, but I am a swashbuckling mouse and that is why the captain promotes me more the others.

sorry gotta stop writing for a moment to go finish a few side quests (if you don't hear back from me then search Avernus or Mooshu for my ship)
:P Subodai isn't the only one needing a promotion quest done but I will try to get him promoted soon

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just went surfing the big wave called the Message Board, and found out the ranks. I gotta say, there's a whole lot of alliteration, and some clever titles, so good work Jack! Gonna be hard to say them quick. Here I go.

*Inhales a lot of air and begins to talk really fast*

1-49: Foal Facsimile!
50-99: Colt Contributer!
100-199: Pinto Patron!
200-299: Perfect Pony!
300-399: Bronco Backup!
400-499: Mustang Member!
500-999: Clydesdale Comrade!
1000-1499: I have no idea!
1500-???: The Unicorn!

*Looks around as if nothing just happened*

Yeah! Year of the Horse!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
GBalance101 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Yeah! I think this will be my lucky year! What does Foal Facsimile mean anyways? I was born on the year of the horse. Fabulous! " (in totally awesome Catbeard voice)
A Facsimile is 'The same as' or a synonym.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Just went surfing the big wave called the Message Board, and found out the ranks. I gotta say, there's a whole lot of alliteration, and some clever titles, so good work Jack! Gonna be hard to say them quick. Here I go.

*Inhales a lot of air and begins to talk really fast*

1-49: Foal Facsimile!
50-99: Colt Contributer!
100-199: Pinto Patron!
200-299: Perfect Pony!
300-399: Bronco Backup!
400-499: Mustang Member!
500-999: Clydesdale Comrade!
1000-1499: I have no idea!
1500-???: The Unicorn!

*Looks around as if nothing just happened*

Yeah! Year of the Horse!
LOL You always make me giggle. Thank you.

Administrator
Thanks all, and I'm glad you had some fun with the new titles.

We're back to our old message board titles now but with an added surprise! After coordinating with our writers, we now have a new message board rank for you all to strive toward at 3000 posts!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Thanks all, and I'm glad you had some fun with the new titles.

We're back to our old message board titles now but with an added surprise! After coordinating with our writers, we now have a new message board rank for you all to strive toward at 3000 posts!
*Looks at posts* Really Ho boy.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
oh. so this is why i was a pinto patron lol

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i am honored to be a pinto patron. x bows in respect x

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Huh I am a Pinto Patron.

I don't know what that means but
Happy Chinese New Year :D

Subodai: This will be a great moment to go do my promotion quest

oh yeah um maybe after aquila?

Subodai: Your so lazy with promotion quests, I am surprised Sarah is fully promoted
Sarah: You may have been saved by him, but I am a swashbuckling mouse and that is why the captain promotes me more the others.

sorry gotta stop writing for a moment to go finish a few side quests (if you don't hear back from me then search Avernus or Mooshu for my ship)
:P Subodai isn't the only one needing a promotion quest done but I will try to get him promoted soon
I'm sure you realize now that the titles were to honor the New Year, this the Year of the Horse, but may I beg your indulgence and tell you the tale of how the horse and other animals became the patrons of the 12-year-cycle? There are surely other versions, but this was the one told to me, and I'd like to tell the story as Anne, growing up in Mooshu, might have heard it:

The Emperor of Heaven wished to organize the years, and put the benevolent Moodha in charge of the project. The Moodha called all the animals together and told them there were 12 gates, each for a year, and those would go to the first 12 animals to go through the gates.

The cat was determined to have the honor of being the first animal to go through the gates, and be the beginning of the 12 year cycle. So she set herself near the gate to wait. But she was too lazy to keep watch, so told the rat to wake her when the gate opened.

But when the gate opened, the rat cunningly slipped by the cat without waking her, and attained the honor of first of the years for herself! Then the other animals prowled, walked, or slithered through each of the gates, and still the cat slept on. Even the slow and patient boar made it to the last gate, and entered just as the cat woke up. The cat leaped for the gate -- but it was too late!

So that is why there is no 'Year of the Cat'. And it is also why the cat and the rat hate each other -- the cat has never forgiven the rat for what she did!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
I'm sure you realize now that the titles were to honor the New Year, this the Year of the Horse, but may I beg your indulgence and tell you the tale of how the horse and other animals became the patrons of the 12-year-cycle? There are surely other versions, but this was the one told to me, and I'd like to tell the story as Anne, growing up in Mooshu, might have heard it:

The Emperor of Heaven wished to organize the years, and put the benevolent Moodha in charge of the project. The Moodha called all the animals together and told them there were 12 gates, each for a year, and those would go to the first 12 animals to go through the gates.

The cat was determined to have the honor of being the first animal to go through the gates, and be the beginning of the 12 year cycle. So she set herself near the gate to wait. But she was too lazy to keep watch, so told the rat to wake her when the gate opened.

But when the gate opened, the rat cunningly slipped by the cat without waking her, and attained the honor of first of the years for herself! Then the other animals prowled, walked, or slithered through each of the gates, and still the cat slept on. Even the slow and patient boar made it to the last gate, and entered just as the cat woke up. The cat leaped for the gate -- but it was too late!

So that is why there is no 'Year of the Cat'. And it is also why the cat and the rat hate each other -- the cat has never forgiven the rat for what she did!
Wow, Anne. This is simply fabulous and I am just enchanted with it. What a wonderful bit of lore to educate us with. *Grins with pure pleasure* To be surprised with another session at your knee as you weave your vividly picturesque lessons for us is a treat that rivals any delicacy. Thank you most kindly.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:

Excellent delivery and very wonderful 'Mooshu twist' on the history of the Chinese New Year, Anne. So, I guess one lesson to gain from this is that.....cat's really are lazy. And also, to think that I believed that cats and rats/mice hated each other was because of too much exposure to Tom and Jerry at way too early of an age. I think I like your reasoning much better.

Thanks for sharing! I quite enjoyed it, as I do anything you write.