Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kane- Man or Machine?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Humans have this likeness for this weird thing. Espeically pirate humans. It is called treasure, and it consist of rubies, diamonds, emeralds but above all... GOLD!!! We have a lust for gold! So now we want to visit the land of all gold, El Dorado!

But why would a machine have a lust for gold? A machine is programmed for order and to carry out instructions. Yet Kane somehow fancies El Dorado, and seems to like Gold?!? And why do the Armada have human emotions? Phule feels angry that we killed his brother deacon. Seems weird huh?

So who is Kane? Here are my possible solutions of who he is and what he wants with El Dorado:
A- Kane is actually a human with a lust for gold, and has an army of robots trying to reach El Dorado.
B- Kane and the armada are a form of Artificial Intelligence, and have developed a lust for gold.
C- (My fav option) Kane could be anything (most probably robot), but he wants to enter El Dorado for something other than Gold
D- Kane does not exist (least fav option)

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Humans have this likeness for this weird thing. Espeically pirate humans. It is called treasure, and it consist of rubies, diamonds, emeralds but above all... GOLD!!! We have a lust for gold! So now we want to visit the land of all gold, El Dorado!

But why would a machine have a lust for gold? A machine is programmed for order and to carry out instructions. Yet Kane somehow fancies El Dorado, and seems to like Gold?!? And why do the Armada have human emotions? Phule feels angry that we killed his brother deacon. Seems weird huh?

So who is Kane? Here are my possible solutions of who he is and what he wants with El Dorado:
A- Kane is actually a human with a lust for gold, and has an army of robots trying to reach El Dorado.
B- Kane and the armada are a form of Artificial Intelligence, and have developed a lust for gold.
C- (My fav option) Kane could be anything (most probably robot), but he wants to enter El Dorado for something other than Gold
A new question struck me, when will we meet Kane? From what Blind Mew has been hinting, it is sometime before El Dorado. When I think of it, it would be cool in a way to actually never see him. Imagine living in the fear of a threat you have only heard about, but never seen. Or maybe we will see him in the shadow, but only a black silhouette of him.

Now I am going to go crazy here, and here is what I think that big machine in Valencia is. But first I have to clear some stuff up. Firstly, in the photo of the armada, the central robot figure is known as "the body" of Kane. I can't really explain it, but I will pretty much say it is like the mouth of Sauron. Kane has full control of this body, but it is not his real body. Secondly, I think the armada are collecting any spar pieces of metal and junk and bringing it into the centre of Valencia. They are gathering parts for the Body of Kane. Now back to what the big machine in the centre of Valencia is... If you have not already guessed, it is Kane himself. Very soon that gear will transform into a massive robot, the perfect body for Kane.

Before El Dorado, we defeat the body of Kane (the small version in the photo). Unfortunately a shadowy queen of the armada comes and knocks us cold, stealing our map pieces. With that the El Dorado world opens, and the armada don't enter it yet but guard it with 5 massive beach head styled things.

To be continued in next post-

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:

Continuation:

Queen goes back to the centre of Valencia and forges the map. We rush and find the centre of Valencia empty, and steal the map easily. There were only a few armada guards, and stealing the map was easy with no Queen in sight. We get some info about a project called the "guardians". We then go to El dorado and find what project guardian is. The 5 beach head styled machines transform into giant versions of the armada elites. They then go and try and conquer all the worlds, and we go into a mess trying to destroy them. After we destroy them, Kane reveals himself...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You do have an amazing imagination. Never let it grow cold. It suits you well.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Golden Guardian on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Continuation:

Queen goes back to the centre of Valencia and forges the map. We rush and find the centre of Valencia empty, and steal the map easily. There were only a few armada guards, and stealing the map was easy with no Queen in sight. We get some info about a project called the "guardians". We then go to El dorado and find what project guardian is. The 5 beach head styled machines transform into giant versions of the armada elites. They then go and try and conquer all the worlds, and we go into a mess trying to destroy them. After we destroy them, Kane reveals himself...
I do not want the same repeated versions of defeating the 5 giant robot armada elites. Here is how they will play out:

Cool Ranch: Cool ranch will be a ship based dungeon. You make a hole through the heart of a Gigantic transformer styled version of Deacon. You get the folk of cool ranch and some of their ships and enter the robot and destroy it via a ship.

Aquila: A giant bishop sized robot is here. The only way to defeat is to help Zeus stop an invasion of the armada in Olympus. After this, he turns into a massive kraken and defeats bishop.

Marleybone: Phule is going to be a beach head styled concept. It is very similar to the Cool Ranch version as above, except unlike the ship, it will be the pirate separately.

Mooshu: Sir Giant Robot Rooke should not mess with a tamed Stormzilla...

Queen: N/A Still in little form, although Vadima has sensed something dark in Darkmoor involving this strange queen.

And now for the grand finale, Kane!

Kane: An eagle galleon is the size of his toe nail. A meeting is called to defeat Kane. Your Pirate is the symbol of unity. In a desperate attempt, the spiral unites and creates 5 giant ships to combat Kane. Each of these ships are each one of the classes. In order to fight Kane, the requirements are a level 85+ of each class in an exclusive 5 sigil boss fight. The privateer is the buff ship, it can not attack but only provides buffs to the other ships, the buccaneer is the tank ship, it has low damage but great shielding, the witch doctor is a mixed ship, it provides long range attacks, some buffs and some shielding at very low levels, the musketeer focuses on attacking Kane at a distance, and the swashbuckler is the damage tool.

Kane Traps: In the battle above, Kane has a few surprises. He has 5 spells that summon a fleet of 10 galleons, the final one consisting of 5 armada elite ships only, and all of these spells are known as his privy aspect. Kane also has a wind ability, that moves all our ships back 2000 meters. He also has 10 cannons (5 on each hand- Left shooting torpedoes and right shooting magic sparks), which must be destroyed to stop his long range, this is the musk and witch aspect of him. Kane also has 3 defence spells, that block all damage by 80%, this is the buck aspect of him. And Kane has a move called the kings sword; a powerhouse massive sword that deals great damage every few mins, and this is the swash aspect of him.

I put a lot of effort into this and would appreciate thoughts and feedback, especially from Blind Mew!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
You're Right, GG. Kane is less interested in El Dorado for the gold than for some other reason. That reason is because El Dorado is vital to his "Grand Design". Gold is power, just like it is here. Kane is self aware, like all too few humans. Kane wants power for sure, and El Dorado has plenty of it! Maybe more than he can handle.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I think you are right, Golden Guardian, that Kane is after El Dorado for reasons more than merely gold. Though gold has its uses for a 'mechanical man' as much as anyone else, as wealth and power are closely united.

But are we after El Dorado for the gold? Wealth has its attractions, but if that were our main reason, it would be far better that we burn our map pieces and call it a day. But El Dorado has other names -- the 'Shining City', 'Shangri-la', as we have heard on our travels, words that imply a place of wisdom and knowledge. Wouldn't that be a splendid place to voyage to, the glorious opportunity to see an exotic, remote civilization and learn of their art and wisdom?

While Anne has happy visions of fabulous libraries and kindly sages, she knows that it is not all benign. (I suspect Catbeard has been unwilling to discuss El Dorado so far, and that would be a clue that not all was rosy in El Dorado). And I'd be willing to bet that there is something of that wisdom that Kane knows about (well, he does have all of Pollo's writings, and lots of resources we don't) and is determined to get. Whatever it is likely has the potential to be absolutely devasting.

But regarding Kane, if the question is whether he is man or machine, I'm tending to think... neither. I'm sure he is not alive as an organic creature. A good hint comes when you are fighting Rooke in Marleybone; when Rooke lifts his head, you can see the brass workings that make up his head behind his mask (creepy!). I expect Kane is the same way. I suspect he was intended to be a machine, a very fine, absolutely superior one... but it didn't turn out that way. Whether the result of incredible mechanical design, alchemy, magic, ect. Kane has acquired true sentience, emotion as well as intellect - or so I think. (I'm sure we'll find out!) The Armada, the expression of Kane's will, is a fey, inscrutable enemy, but not really logical as robots would be expected to be.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2014
I've seen a few things and i'm pretty sure el dorado is where a power to save or "restart" the spiral so where it all looks like valenicia. Kane wants to control and rewrite the spiral. Those greedy robots.