Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Gear

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
So i was thinking about what i've seen in pvp recently. Every pirate has special "non auction gear" that give power cards.
So why not have gear for companions?
Here's an idea: Bonnie anne. Her hat could be farmed for by bosses, and you can equip various gear for her. There would be two types of gear, auction and non auction. Auction give good extra stats, whilst non-auction gear gives power cards. Have you wanted to use a companion like Ridolfo in pvp, only he has no powers (without training crit strike)? Well there's that problem fixed. However, the gear has the same rating as special non auction boss loot for pirates. Bonnie anne's hat could give her: "Frenzied Shot", a 1X damage aoe in the X formation. You can also stitch your companions clothes, to give them a stylish look with deadly stats. (Gold for members-500- crowns for non members-50-).
She can also change her weapon, maybe "Highlanders Majestic Gun" which is obtainable via Guy fox in bonnie's last promotion, which will give the power "Jumping Excecution", a 1x damage single target attack that works at infinite range, which is a Companion only Power.
And El toro: His various outfits may be either: "Champions Guantlet" which gives Champions Return, an Extremely Rare attack that deals damage equal to that dealt to el toro, so if 1500 damage has been dealt to him, he will deal 1/2 of that damage to the attacker (750) and is farmable via the samoori in "The tower of the sword" instance in his last promotion.
His boots could give him 9Agility and 7 damage, plus the power "Tyranous Tyrany Tike" Which is a special Companion only power that does 1X damage, and increases his damage by 25% for 2 rounds.
Companion only powers are powers that only companions use, and are uniquely designed for them only.
There are various options out there! However, a companion will never get a power that pirates can use. Also, companions cannot get a totem, ring, or necklace slot, as to not complicate them with 7 powers from their gear.
What do you think? Would this work in pirate101? Would you farm for the non auction gear, or go for the easy to get gear from the bazaar. Tell me what you think! Any positive advice is appreciated :-)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
So i was thinking about what i've seen in pvp recently. Every pirate has special "non auction gear" that give power cards.
So why not have gear for companions?
Here's an idea: Bonnie anne. Her hat could be farmed for by bosses, and you can equip various gear for her. There would be two types of gear, auction and non auction. Auction give good extra stats, whilst non-auction gear gives power cards. Have you wanted to use a companion like Ridolfo in pvp, only he has no powers (without training crit strike)? Well there's that problem fixed. However, the gear has the same rating as special non auction boss loot for pirates. Bonnie anne's hat could give her: "Frenzied Shot", a 1X damage aoe in the X formation. You can also stitch your companions clothes, to give them a stylish look with deadly stats. (Gold for members-500- crowns for non members-50-).
She can also change her weapon, maybe "Highlanders Majestic Gun" which is obtainable via Guy fox in bonnie's last promotion, which will give the power "Jumping Excecution", a 1x damage single target attack that works at infinite range, which is a Companion only Power.
And El toro: His various outfits may be either: "Champions Guantlet" which gives Champions Return, an Extremely Rare attack that deals damage equal to that dealt to el toro, so if 1500 damage has been dealt to him, he will deal 1/2 of that damage to the attacker (750) and is farmable via the samoori in "The tower of the sword" instance in his last promotion.
His boots could give him 9Agility and 7 damage, plus the power "Tyranous Tyrany Tike" Which is a special Companion only power that does 1X damage, and increases his damage by 25% for 2 rounds.
Companion only powers are powers that only companions use, and are uniquely designed for them only.
There are various options out there! However, a companion will never get a power that pirates can use. Also, companions cannot get a totem, ring, or necklace slot, as to not complicate them with 7 powers from their gear.
What do you think? Would this work in pirate101? Would you farm for the non auction gear, or go for the easy to get gear from the bazaar. Tell me what you think! Any positive advice is appreciated :-)
Yea it would be good for adding power but it would really mess up the screens they need when our companions show up and interact with the NPC's. I love those shots when my crew, dressed in my colors show up on a screen with me. If we made the companions that varied it would be way to complicated and a huge use of band width to keep track of them all.

Captain
May 13, 2011
one thing messes it up though. if gears for companions are released, you wouldnt be able to change it. promotions already got that covered. not to criticize, but i wouldnt want anymore farmable items. that would just make pvp farm to win (and if it already is, farm more to win)

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
one thing messes it up though. if gears for companions are released, you wouldnt be able to change it. promotions already got that covered. not to criticize, but i wouldnt want anymore farmable items. that would just make pvp farm to win (and if it already is, farm more to win)
What's wrong with farm to win? Even the best farmed gear user could use to someone who uses instinct. But i somehow agree with what you said, and Chrissy. I'd rather not have this implemented since it would make companions op. And i meant a companion would have the same gear as everybody elses by default, changing with promotions.

Captain
May 13, 2011
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
What's wrong with farm to win? Even the best farmed gear user could use to someone who uses instinct. But i somehow agree with what you said, and Chrissy. I'd rather not have this implemented since it would make companions op. And i meant a companion would have the same gear as everybody elses by default, changing with promotions.
i just dont find killing the same boss over and over for good stuff very fun. cant complain about the money though

Ensign
Nov 14, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
i'm sorry would you like it pay to win cause no game has ever got success from pvp not being farm to win or pay to win

Captain
May 13, 2011
critical blizzard on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
i'm sorry would you like it pay to win cause no game has ever got success from pvp not being farm to win or pay to win
nah, pay to win is even worse. its just how i play. i dont have the patience to farm