Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the diskylos challenge

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
now I know bosses and this one has taken it to the next 500,000 levels

the diskylos with a massive 13,000 hp has taken it too far, I know this is supposed to be Aquila the hardest world but seriously over 10,000 health? I think kings isle should lower the health pool or save it for a higher quest. do you agree? comment down below

Romantic Nicholas jones level 64 swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
kvtasmaniafan 123 on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:

the diskylos with a massive 13,000 hp has taken it too far, I know this is supposed to be Aquila the hardest world but seriously over 10,000 health? I think kings isle should lower the health pool or save it for a higher quest. do you agree? comment down below

I don't agree. Since I faced only Diskylos by himself, I thought it was quite easy.

I took Bonnie Anne, El Toro and Sarah Steele. I used El Toro's buff the first round along with the Swashbuckler Ability that hides the whole team. I then let Bonnie Anne use her Scatterblast, decreasing Diskylos' dodging abilities, which helps a lot. I kept Sarah by me, positioning the whole team in a way so that it would be difficult for Diskylos to reach Bonnie Anne when he approached.

The next round, seeing as how I still had several battleboard spaces between him and Bonnie Anne, I ran up and started using my powers to take out some of his epics. While doing this I also brought in El Toro and Sarah and then we went for my favorite start-of-the-battle strategy. If the companion has an attack power, use 'em and abuse 'em.

Within a few rounds we had already gotten rid of around 5000 hit points and since Diskylos couldn't hit my companions or me for the most part, they stayed in tip-top health.

I only suffered one casualty in the end, as the battle became too much for Sarah Steele around one or two rounds before we finished. However, even though I had lost one of my main attackers, I still had enough power to finish Diskylos off.

So now that I've shared what I did, could I ask what school you are? If you tell me that I may be able to give you some tips on how to defeat Diskylos.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hey there Nicholas

I too was at first shocked and a bit worried when I saw Diskylos's massive amount of health and even thought that maybe it was an error. Luckily I was able to beat him quite easily on first attempt and I think it only took 3 turns in battle. The ease came from him being the only enemy on the board and all of my companions had at least relentlessx3 and vengeance strikes. Fortunately for me pretty much all of the relentless kicked in with many critical strikes being dealt out. I am not sure but I think that some of Diskylos's other stats are rather low in order to give your pirate and companions an edge and to counter the insane amount of health.

By the way were you able to bet Diskylos? If not I could give you a hand- although that may be one of those battles where only one player is able to be in combat. If it isn't I would be glad to help, just let me know. Anyways good luck.

Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen, Level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

That health level looks scary but I have soloed him many times. He is manageable. I didn't take mental notes on how I beat him, I would have to do it again to see. How about my fellow posters, do you remember your strategies against the two headed puppy?

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
or you can troll him like I do, taking bonnie, two riposte 3 (and possibly flanking) bucklers and my sprocket key (removes his levi call) and just have fun from there. without halving the damage I deal, crippling his dodge, and making sure that he cant hit anyone, he falls VERY quickly.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Community Leader
Another thing to keep in mind is this is a side quest/dungeon.
I am pretty sure it is not required to continue on in the main quest line.

Alternative content for those that like that type of challenge! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
use zeena's fire it does around 600 every fire

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
i thought diksylos was easy i soloed him using hawk bonnie and zeena i use bonnie to take away dodge zeena to use fire and hawk well i just used him cause he is sooo kewl

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
I soloed him and he was pretty easy, considering I am a musketeer and I used Bonnie (I use her in everything), Ridolfo Capoferro (He's great, second to El Toro in my opinion) and Toro himself

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
I just discovered something, a way to kill Diskylos faster. Fire!!! That's right, fire!!! You might be saying "What?" but it is fire. When you use Zeena's Rain of Fire, and Diskylos advances near, it deals 662+ damage.

Justin Chamberlain
Lvl 65 Knight of the Order of Fetch

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
i think diskylos was kind of hard but if you have ratbeard level 61 (fully promoted) , Bonnie Anne level 60 (fully promoted) and catbeard level 60, the battle is easier but i started to lose when his health was in the red zone so i called on a henchman for help. so yeah it is hard but not impossible.