Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite christmas movie?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
What's you're favorite christmas movie? Mine would have to be The Polar Express. So.....full of imagination.... and the soundtrack rocks!

“You can choose your fate......as long as you see the right the path.”

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi,

My favourite Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol, with Scrooge, that's why I love the promo of ratbeard in Marleybone so much

Blaze

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Alexander Percy on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
What's you're favorite christmas movie? Mine would have to be The Polar Express. So.....full of imagination.... and the soundtrack rocks!

My favorite is the movie: A Christmas Story. All the characters are funny ( in clouding the leg lamp!!!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am so bad a just choosing one. I love It's a Wonderful life, A Christmas Story, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Carol (many versions but there is something special about the 1951 version with Alistair Sim ) The Nativity, The Little Drummer Boy, The Santa Clause, Polar Express.......Sigh the list goes on but these are the ones I watch when I am making Christmas candy where you need to be watching Christmas movies during the preparation to make them taste just right.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I think my favorite (And, coincidentally, the only Christmas movie I can remember having watched recently.) Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol. My class just finished reading the book and I loved the movie. (Especially the jump-scare bits. I got quite a laugh out of them, even if they did set my heart pounding.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
I am so bad a just choosing one. I love It's a Wonderful life, A Christmas Story, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Carol (many versions but there is something special about the 1951 version with Alistair Sim ) The Nativity, The Little Drummer Boy, The Santa Clause, Polar Express.......Sigh the list goes on but these are the ones I watch when I am making Christmas candy where you need to be watching Christmas movies during the preparation to make them taste just right.
Wow Chrissy

That is quite an impressive and diverse list. It's almost like a time capsule of Christmas movies. I agree it is hard to choose only one but the ones you have chosen are definitely classics.

Oh yeah, if our pirates ever happen to meet in game, could you gift my pirate some of that Christmas Candy- sounds delicious.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Alexander Percy on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:

Hello Alexander Percy

Great idea for a post and to get the boards into that festive spirit. I really enjoy Christmas movies and some of my favorites are National Lampoon's Christmas, the Jim Carrey How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Prancer, Deck the Halls and dare I say ,although not a full length movie, the Disney Christmas Carol- the cartoon one with Mickey, Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge. I also really love A Christmas Story, The Polar Expresss and the Santa Clause movies. Plus many more of the classics like It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, the 1970 "Scrooge" with Albert Finney and like Chrissy said many of the versions of A Christmas Carol (for some reason I really like the one with George C. Scott).

Sorry, I know you asked for one favorite but I seem to have gone overboard quite a bit.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays to all

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
If we're talking about movies purely about Christmas, then I would have to go with the original Santa Clause. The premise was so original, and Tim Allen is always funny. If we're talking about movies that feature Christmas, but not as a focal point, I'd have to go with a movie that has suspense, excitement, and adventure on every level, all 40 of them. That's right, the original Die Hard. I just love movies with Bruce Willis, be it this one, Pulp Fiction, or the Sixth Sense. That being said, I think Trading Places is also very funny.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Mine would definitely have to be the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It's just really funny and I love the plot!!

Have a Piratey Holiday! Lvl 65

Community Leader
pirate101 lover on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
My favorite is the movie: A Christmas Story. All the characters are funny ( in clouding the leg lamp!!!)
I'll go along with Pirate101lover here.

Ah yes, didn't all us growing boys want our Red Ryder BB Gun? ;)

You'll shoot your eye out!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
Wow Chrissy

That is quite an impressive and diverse list. It's almost like a time capsule of Christmas movies. I agree it is hard to choose only one but the ones you have chosen are definitely classics.

Oh yeah, if our pirates ever happen to meet in game, could you gift my pirate some of that Christmas Candy- sounds delicious.
* Laughs and sets out a bowl of Chrissy's special homemade Buckeyes * The ultimate Christmas candy from those of us raised in Ohio. No matter what state I live in I am always known for my buckeyes and many friends make sure to treat me well to insure they will get a bundle of buckeyes from me. I have taught many a child how to make them as the mixing process is delightfully gooey with butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar needing to be smooshed together into a yummy dough. Ah such memories.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
I will be honest here though i only first saw it a few days ago but...the nightmare before christmas it had good writing,jack skellington was a well-devolped and likeable character and it had an interesting premise.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:

Did know that people made a business of making leg lamps? Oh, I also like a Charlie Brown Christmas. I wonder what movies ki likes.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Dr Zeppers on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:

My class went to Mad. Square Garden to see A Christmas Story as a play. We were all saying "You'll shoot your eye out!" all day. Personally, I love A Charlie Brown Christmas and The Polar Express, but the classics are my favorite. I hope your pirates have been good this year, and that you all get lots of presents. Have a very merry Christmas, and a happy New Year! (Don't forget the milk and cookies! :-) )

A very merry Gordon family,
George Gordon I,
George Xiriga I,
George Gordon II,
Joseph Yard I,
Olivia Gaff I,
George Deveraux I,

Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
Scarlet Freeman on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
I think my favorite (And, coincidentally, the only Christmas movie I can remember having watched recently.) Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol. My class just finished reading the book and I loved the movie. (Especially the jump-scare bits. I got quite a laugh out of them, even if they did set my heart pounding.)
Which one? The one from 1951, or the 2009?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
* Laughs and sets out a bowl of Chrissy's special homemade Buckeyes * The ultimate Christmas candy from those of us raised in Ohio. No matter what state I live in I am always known for my buckeyes and many friends make sure to treat me well to insure they will get a bundle of buckeyes from me. I have taught many a child how to make them as the mixing process is delightfully gooey with butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar needing to be smooshed together into a yummy dough. Ah such memories.
Oh man, my mouth is watering big time.

I have never had the pleasure of having a buckeye- but anything made with those ingredients has got to be simply fantastic. I have got to see I if I can find a good recipe for them and if the mixing process is as gooey as you say, than I just know my little boy would be elbows deep in the mix. For him the messier the better, that's for sure. Sounds like the perfect treat while enjoying your favorite Christmas movies.