Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Four Pirate101 Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 14, 2013
#1) Make auctions so you can put in your own asking price. Obviously, you won't get paid until your item sells, but I think it would make the auction house better.

#2) Buccaneer combat threat doesn't seem to work at all. Please improve and fix combat threat so they do indeed get attacked more often.

#3) When on my buccaneer, there are a lot of times where the camera zooms in when I am in battle and I can not see how much damage I am doing. This is not a problem with any companions, only my main character. Please fix it so the camera doesn't zoom in so far so I can always see how much damage I am doing.

#4) My last suggestion is for more types of gear and weapons. Rare armor and weapons that are a different color scheme for their name would be very cool. There just seems to be so much loot that I get that is useless and complete garbage. Rare loot would be awesome, especially if it had higher stats than loot of the same level, maybe cooler looking also.

For now, this is what I have come up with playing for the past month. I'm sure I will have more suggestions in the future as I tend to write them down as I notice or think of them while playing. I am an older player and, so far, have enjoyed Pirate101 very much and hope my suggestions will be considered! Thanks for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
StingyBlazeBurke on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
#1) Make auctions so you can put in your own asking price. Obviously, you won't get paid until your item sells, but I think it would make the auction house better.

#2) Buccaneer combat threat doesn't seem to work at all. Please improve and fix combat threat so they do indeed get attacked more often.

#3) When on my buccaneer, there are a lot of times where the camera zooms in when I am in battle and I can not see how much damage I am doing. This is not a problem with any companions, only my main character. Please fix it so the camera doesn't zoom in so far so I can always see how much damage I am doing.

#4) My last suggestion is for more types of gear and weapons. Rare armor and weapons that are a different color scheme for their name would be very cool. There just seems to be so much loot that I get that is useless and complete garbage. Rare loot would be awesome, especially if it had higher stats than loot of the same level, maybe cooler looking also.

For now, this is what I have come up with playing for the past month. I'm sure I will have more suggestions in the future as I tend to write them down as I notice or think of them while playing. I am an older player and, so far, have enjoyed Pirate101 very much and hope my suggestions will be considered! Thanks for listening!
Welcome to the message boards Stingy Blaze Burke.
You have some good ideas and we are all about ideas and ways to help each other so you are gonna fit right in with this fun, silly & helpful family.
Just a few thoughts on your ideas, mind you they are only my knee jerk reactions and my input and 4 bucks will get you a cappuccino.
1) I suspect that the game does not have the bandwidth to spare to keep track of player bids. It would be fun but it would take up a lot of computer space that would be used for quests and such.
2) I kind of noticed that too but I just thought I wasn't understanding how it worked or that with the randomness of game play it was just hard to tell.
3) I agree with the camera issues, I have seen it quite a bit but I always forget when it happened and where due to the distraction of the fun of the game. I know, I know, I should keep a tablet handy to report these things if I really want to help the developers and I will strive to be a more observant player like you.
4) All that useless stuff is for you to sell because you are gonna need all the gold you can get your hands on to buy training tomes and ships and then housing stuff, if you so enjoy that kind of thing. We need the random stuff to sell although I love the rare and cool stuff just as well and have farmed a boss for days to get it and when it comes to farming I am a lightweight, lol. I have friends that have fought Rooke over 100 times to get his outfit before the second chance chest finally became a reality.

Good stuff. Keep up the good work and keep having a blast with the game.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Item #2 (Buccaneer action) seems to be taken care of with the upgrade that should be occurring tomorrow (12/11). I totally agree with item #3 - being able to see the damage that our main character does. That problem seems to occur more often when using Melee Weapons than distance weapons.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2013
Seems my #2 suggestion is being fixed in today's update! Awesome!

Let's hope buccaneer threat will now work as intended!

Community Leader
Just wanted to mention in regards to #1.

The Bazaar is not an auction house, KI doesnt implement such functionality.

The bazaar pricing is detemined by supply and demand. The fewer of an item available, the more it is valued at. I do not believe they wish to implement an auction house type of interface/economy because it opens up avenues for nefarious types to take advantage of naive players, and might allow players to "trade" items between themselves which is obviously not functionality they want.

In regards to #4
As you progress through the game, you will find various bosses that DO drop rare gear items.
I think its more a matter of knowing about such items, and knowing whats available to farm for, since the game is still somewhat "young", its still building a player base, and word is slowly trickling out about the various drops, etc. Its not uncommon to farm Friar Sand, or the elemental bosses towards the end of Mooshu for more advanced, rare gear drops, gear with specific abilities, etc.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Nov 14, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Just wanted to mention in regards to #1.

The Bazaar is not an auction house, KI doesnt implement such functionality.

The bazaar pricing is detemined by supply and demand. The fewer of an item available, the more it is valued at. I do not believe they wish to implement an auction house type of interface/economy because it opens up avenues for nefarious types to take advantage of naive players, and might allow players to "trade" items between themselves which is obviously not functionality they want.

In regards to #4
As you progress through the game, you will find various bosses that DO drop rare gear items.
I think its more a matter of knowing about such items, and knowing whats available to farm for, since the game is still somewhat "young", its still building a player base, and word is slowly trickling out about the various drops, etc. Its not uncommon to farm Friar Sand, or the elemental bosses towards the end of Mooshu for more advanced, rare gear drops, gear with specific abilities, etc.
Thank you for this information. Maybe I have not progressed far enough as a level 55 buccaneer to have found many.

Either way, my opinion for any MMO is the more rare gear/loot, the better! I still hope they add more rare weapons and armor for ALL levels :D