Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

General Tso is TOO hard!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
YAY! I got help and aced the Cavern of Whispers, thank goodness! But now, I see what you mean when you talk about General Tso. The guys in the back wouldn't move to form a path to threaten the chicken. Having to go through 6 fights in a row JUST for that is ridiculous. My companions were dying trying to get the front. This is horrible and is a waste of time. I need help.

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 43

Community Leader
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
YAY! I got help and aced the Cavern of Whispers, thank goodness! But now, I see what you mean when you talk about General Tso. The guys in the back wouldn't move to form a path to threaten the chicken. Having to go through 6 fights in a row JUST for that is ridiculous. My companions were dying trying to get the front. This is horrible and is a waste of time. I need help.

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 43
I found this instance rather fun actually.

I use a few companions to draw NPCs towards the top of the board, and slip into that back room quickly with my pirate, and other companions. The only ones that don't move are the ones surrounding the chicken.

I haven't had any problems taking out a single PC in front of the chicken, and moving there is a piece of cake once one an NPC is eliminated.

Experiences obviously will vary depending on pirate class, although I have done this on almost all classes now.

When in doubt... take a friend! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I've NEVER been able to complete it without a friend. I tried putting my swashbuckers up there, since they have the largest agility, and therefore the biggest range, but they die before they can make a decent dent.

Musketeers and witchdoctors are okay, but it is a shame that I can't target the chicken itself. I mean, the goal of the fight is to threaten the chicken. Well, if I can't target the chicken, how can I threaten it?

Best I can do is use my regular pirate with lots of buffs (privateer or buckaneer) draw others away (which doesn't always work) then dash through (taking the hit from the spike, too) and start hammering away.

I usually don't make it without a friend.

I especially don't like how General Tso is immune, and my companions waste time doing first hits, vengence strikes, repell boarders and the like. I wish there were a way to get them NOT to do that to immune enemies, since this only makes them made and reposte.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
I've NEVER been able to complete it without a friend. I tried putting my swashbuckers up there, since they have the largest agility, and therefore the biggest range, but they die before they can make a decent dent.

Musketeers and witchdoctors are okay, but it is a shame that I can't target the chicken itself. I mean, the goal of the fight is to threaten the chicken. Well, if I can't target the chicken, how can I threaten it?

Best I can do is use my regular pirate with lots of buffs (privateer or buckaneer) draw others away (which doesn't always work) then dash through (taking the hit from the spike, too) and start hammering away.

I usually don't make it without a friend.

I especially don't like how General Tso is immune, and my companions waste time doing first hits, vengence strikes, repell boarders and the like. I wish there were a way to get them NOT to do that to immune enemies, since this only makes them made and reposte.
I agree with this. Kobe wouldn't stop using critical after critical after critical on him! And I when I do make it to the back, I end up being shot down by the samoorai musketeers. And what's worse is that all the guys in the back are immobilized...

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
see? just like i said, ya tend to critical more on things that either have a damage cap, or cant be hurt,

i think you simply need a guide, a permanent helper, alas, i am not a member x. x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just stay still and buff and protect your crew and let them come to you. Then there will be some open squares to go to. Get yourself to the guards around the chicken. Don't use any of your card skills until you get to the back guards. Then once you are in reach of the chicken guards focus all your attacks on one of them. Usually when you take one out someone else will step into that spot before you can move in, so just do the same to the second guard. Then have anyone in your crew move into that spot. Just having someone on your team stand beside the chicken is enough of a threat for the General to call off the fight and you have won it.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Administrator
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
OMG I finally defeated him! YAY!
Congrats! So what would you say was the tip that helped you the most or what was your winning strategy?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
OMG I finally defeated him! YAY!
Congratulations Cheryl Well done. I echo Jack's curiosity, what strategy did you use?

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
Congrats! So what would you say was the tip that helped you the most or what was your winning strategy?
Well, I just got my companions to attack closest to the doors through. Then, we tried to get one of the guards. All my companions died, but I managed to make it! (Now I need help getting those ships!)