Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What causes lost Yarr's

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have noticed that on quite a few posts that I Know I have yarred, that I come back to them and no yar is registered from me. At first I thought it was because I tend to page back to select the next topic in line, cause that saves my place on the list but I have checked those yars and for the most part paging back will look like I lost it in the process but if I go back forward, they are still there.
It's just weird when I go to a post that has tickled me and I distinctly remember giving that person a yar but when I go back to see if they responded it shows no yar. It's not all the time and I am not sure if it just happens on the ones that I comment on or not. I haven't figured out the common denominator yet but I was wondering if it was a known bug and if there was something I am unintentionally doing to cancel them.
What say you, Oh mighty and wise detectives of the Bug Brigade?

Administrator
You've used the Yarr button too much and now you've broke it!

Honestly, I have no idea. Next time you notice this happening, please come back to this thread and make a note of it, and we'll try to track down the source of the troublesome unyar.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea. Next time you notice this happening, please come back to this thread and make a note of it, and we'll try to track down the source of the troublesome unyar.
LOL You crack me up Jack x Wears huge silly grin x

I'll try to figure out how to track it. At first I just thought I was losing it, but then I kept thinking, "now I just Know I yarred that" and it kept happening way too many times to blame it on my blondness, lol. Since it is not consistent I am not sure how. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Who knows, maybe I Am losing it. lol

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:

LOL probably XD

there should be a, yars given, number beside people's post too, i always wonder how many yars i've gave ...lol

Ensign
Feb 10, 2011
Is it possibly because you weren't logged in? I've noticed that posts are yarless when logged out. :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
azoresgirl on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Is it possibly because you weren't logged in? I've noticed that posts are yarless when logged out. :P
Good idea but it's not that. I see the thumbs up yar symbol showing me that I supposedly had not yarred that yet. If I weren't logged in I wouldn't see the Yar icon.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Hey, Chrissy i just yarred you and gold guardian and then i click back, nothing, back, nothing, back and it went back, i think back does kill your yars, lol, or maybe J. Jack was right and you did just broke the yar buttton!

Administrator
Speed Switch does make a good point. Using the back and forward buttons can make it appear as if a yar has been lost, but when you re-enter the thread without using those buttons, you'll still see the post is still yar'd.

Could this be part of the problem?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Speed Switch does make a good point. Using the back and forward buttons can make it appear as if a yar has been lost, but when you re-enter the thread without using those buttons, you'll still see the post is still yar'd.

hmm, maybe. this could amount to something rather annoying!

Thanks Jack

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012

Also Jack, maybe the fact the first two times i clicked back nothing happened means that it was secretly killing those two yars? it would add up *chin rub*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Nice thinking but from my original post, first paragraph I shared that I thought of that and I would go forward to make sure they stayed put. What is perplexing me is when I come back the next day and I see stuff that I am sure I yarred and they are not. It is not consistent so I am well aware that if you cannot duplicate the error it is really impossible to track it down. Now I am positively paranoid about it and I triple check my yarrs with an OCDish flair.
I did wonder that if I did a comment and then 'backed off' to the post origins that that might have to do with it but it is just inconsistent enough to make me think that I remember wrong except for those few that I just couldn't have ditzed out on. I posted this hoping that others were seeing this too but if they are not then it just might be my ditzyness and a little bit of hoodoo thrown in lol. If no one else is having those "But I thought I " moments then it must me me so I will agree to laugh it off and buy a round of yum for every time it happens then if it does show it's yar snitching face around any more, all that will happen is others get blessed by it and I will just giggle in my yum with another dramatic roll of my eyes.
Thanks for being there for me and taking my struggles with reality so seriously. Well as seriously as our delightfully joyous family can.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I noticed that when I yar a persons post, they get one yar. If I yar the same person in the same day in a different post, my yar does not count. However if I go the next day and Yar the same person, they get another Yar. Was this intended or is this a glitch?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
I noticed that when I yar a persons post, they get one yar. If I yar the same person in the same day in a different post, my yar does not count. However if I go the next day and Yar the same person, they get another Yar. Was this intended or is this a glitch?
Wow, that problem I am not having. Giving someone more than one yar for different posts has always worked, as you guys well know, lol.