Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clockwork companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Clockworks are awesome we need them as companions I would like Kane and Deacon also regular troops tell me what you think

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
It was hard enough to accept Ratbeard into my crew after all of the trouble he caused.

I think I would sooner sink my own ship that bring Deacon or Kane aboard.

Just sayin' is all.

Ensign
Dec 27, 2012
No having armada as a companion would make the plot of the game useless so they join us after they killed so many people destroyed worlds. I want to destroy them for what they did not recruit them.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
CanaanBC on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Clockworks are awesome we need them as companions I would like Kane and Deacon also regular troops tell me what you think
Oh.. oh no... no no no no no! Bad *twitch*, bad experience with Clockworks! No companion clockwork, please... *twitch, twitch*

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
No- just NO. I'm sorry, but no. Never, EVER would I want a repulsive clockwork on my team. I've ranted plenty about this, and I so strongly disagree. Sorry to sound rude, as I in no way intend to be rude, but think of the people whose in game parents had been murdered by the Armada. Jus think about it.

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Blind Mew already stated in a post that they were NOT going to add clockwork companions to the game. He said he didn't like the idea. You can find the post somewhere in the Hottest Topics section.

Ensign
Feb 11, 2011
I will love the Battle Angels for companions :D

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Never would I accept any clockwork onto my crew. Especially any of the elites. As for Deacon, well, His mask currently resides above my fireplace, his mostly undamaged parts have been melted down and sold for scrap across the spiral, and the bits too damaged for any use were skillfully danced upon.

Yar, I dance a jig on yer remains Deacon!

Scarlet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Welcome to the message boards Lee Marie . Can't say as I agree with your opinion here as the issue of having clockworks has been strongly discussed before but that is what this forum is for, for us to share our opinions and you have every right to share yours. It takes bravery to share something that has already shown to be opposite of the main views and you showed your courage by stating so here. We need brave pirates . We shall just agree to disagree on the issue but that has nothing to do with the fact that your views are always welcome here. Can't wait to see what else you have to say. Although I gotta admit the angels are quite graceful, I just love how they fall, like they are dancing. But graceful or not they would creep me out on my ship. Keep sharing Lee Marie and you will be a Petty Officer in no time

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Personally it's hard enough to accept the war golem that Gracie Conrad enlists. Some enemies can be turned in to allies. The Armada - not a chance.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Ah yes... the infamous Clockwork Companion debate. Personally, no go. at least not normal clockworks.

Hear me out.

If, If , this suspension of disbelief occurs, is has to be a very unique clockwork that is very, very rouge. And as for one of the Elites, my suspension of disbelief could only picture Phule as a possibility, but otherwise, NEVER IN A THOUSAND MILLENNIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.Thank you.

Omar Underwood

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude earlier, but I just had a thought and was wondering if I can ask you something..?

What level are you? I don't want to make it sound as if, "Oh he's a newbie! No wonder," or anything of that nature (i hate it when people do that), but I remember when I was starting out and loved the idea of the Armada joining the crew, because I didn't know of all the destruction and pain they've caused. To me, they didn't seem too bad at first (about as bad as maybe Banditoads, and some of us still got a few of them on our crew). And I too thought they could be just simply 'reprogrammed' into good, and then they'd be able to join!

Then I got to know them... no way in the Spiral do I EVER want those cold-hearten machines to join us, ever! Perhaps it's the same with you..? (perhaps not?). I don't know... if you haven't gotten to Marleybone yet, then you don't know the true nature of the Armada. Wait til then, then tell us how you feel about the Armada joining the crew

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Never would I accept any clockwork onto my crew. Especially any of the elites. As for Deacon, well, His mask currently resides above my fireplace, his mostly undamaged parts have been melted down and sold for scrap across the spiral, and the bits too damaged for any use were skillfully danced upon.

Yar, I dance a jig on yer remains Deacon!

Scarlet.
Ohhhh I Love that attitude . Brilliant way to display that mask. Mine has been hidden in the bottom of a chest because of all the bad memories associated with it but now that I think of it I think your way is much healthier. x Puts on some good dancing music x

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
The armada ruined my birthday, separated my family, and ruined Krokotopia! I want to destroy every single armada troop that has ever existed!

FYI I have Milo Greytail because i chose my parents died from a storm, but it was a figure of speech. Us krokotopians refer the armada invasion as the "Great Storm"

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Ohhhh I Love that attitude . Brilliant way to display that mask. Mine has been hidden in the bottom of a chest because of all the bad memories associated with it but now that I think of it I think your way is much healthier. x Puts on some good dancing music x
I just melted him but I kept the mask.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
My musketeer would go destroy them if we did due to the fact that her parents were killed by the Armada. So please no clockwork companions!
(My musketeer faints)
See?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
What an interesting prize. Personally, the only prizes I kept were a pair of goggles, a key, a staff, and a lovely red hat from dear ol' Bishop and a pair of boots I won in Beachhead that I keep only because I like the workmanship put into them. As for the others, I left Deacon to rust in the Mines and I believe that Rooke blew up with his ship. Nevertheless, I can't wait to get my hands on that technomage's Mask and siphon whatever power he has left for the misdeeds he set loose on the Spiral!

But, until that day of reckoning comes to pass,

Impish Omar Underwood

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Do you really think Kane would for even one second, become the companion of an unruly low life pirate? Come now, after destroying worlds, hunting us down, and ruining birthdays, Kane stands as much chance of becoming companionized as a hot fudge sundae would survive below decks after Subodai's turn at cooking.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Bloody Belle on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude earlier, but I just had a thought and was wondering if I can ask you something..?

What level are you? I don't want to make it sound as if, "Oh he's a newbie! No wonder," or anything of that nature (i hate it when people do that), but I remember when I was starting out and loved the idea of the Armada joining the crew, because I didn't know of all the destruction and pain they've caused. To me, they didn't seem too bad at first (about as bad as maybe Banditoads, and some of us still got a few of them on our crew). And I too thought they could be just simply 'reprogrammed' into good, and then they'd be able to join!

Then I got to know them... no way in the Spiral do I EVER want those cold-hearten machines to join us, ever! Perhaps it's the same with you..? (perhaps not?). I don't know... if you haven't gotten to Marleybone yet, then you don't know the true nature of the Armada. Wait til then, then tell us how you feel about the Armada joining the crew
I am a level twenty musketeer and I think they look cool I do not care I think they are mean and annoying but still cool GO MUSKETEERSP.S I am not insulted by what you said I just think clockworks are cool but still they are party wreckers thank you for your opinion

Ensign
Dec 17, 2012
after all what the armada has done you expect us to forget they have killed countless of lifes nearly destroyed a world and killed our parents you think we would accept them? if by any reason they made those companions i would quit the game instantly and first of all (if i can) kill them

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
CanaanBC on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
I am a level twenty musketeer and I think they look cool I do not care I think they are mean and annoying but still cool GO MUSKETEERSP.S I am not insulted by what you said I just think clockworks are cool but still they are party wreckers thank you for your opinion
Maybe you should go farther in the story then.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Sam Underhill on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Do you really think Kane would for even one second, become the companion of an unruly low life pirate? Come now, after destroying worlds, hunting us down, and ruining birthdays, Kane stands as much chance of becoming companionized as a hot fudge sundae would survive below decks after Subodai's turn at cooking.
not to mention kicking puppies and destroying centuries of history!!!!!!! You bring up a good point.