Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

nautical experience

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
I am a level 54 musketeer, but my nautical level is 26. Is this normal, or do I have a low nautical level? Also, when I click on another ship that someone has and it shows that number above the picture of their ship, is that their character level or nautical level?

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I am currently level 59, and my nautical level is 32, I would say that is normal, but I can't answer your other question though.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Your Nautical Level seems to low to me but I try to keep my Nautical Level within 2 to 4 Levels of my character level. For example, my Level 21 Witch Doctor has a Nautical Level of 19. It's a little more work to keep the Nautical Level up there but worth it when you can use better level ship equipment.

I haven't tried clicking on another ship so I didn't know you could see a number above the ships picture. I will have to try it with a few of my friends and find out. Thank you for the information. (I would think it would be either the Nautical Level or the Level of the the ship and I would lean more towards the Ship's Level).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You are right, SlightlyMadWizard, It Is the ship's level.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Hello Musket Man, on my Privateer I was a pretty high nautical level. I tried as hard as I could to keep a high nautical level, then I got to Aquila. My nautical was about 55 when I got to Aquila, and my Player Level was 63 when I got there. I did every side quest, thats why I was a high level, also I thought doing side quests would help me get more Nautical XP, but it didn't help one bit.

I suggest you have a little get together with your friends and maybe farm some ships for a couples of hours, to get your nautical up, I've had about 4-5 Nautical Party's in my Pirate101 life. My nautical is now 65 as well as my level. Also I have a fully equipped Aquila Galleon, reply to this post and I'll see if I could help you get your Nautical up. Thanks and have a awesome day sailing the skies!

Kyle - Level 65 Privateer
Sneaky Kyle - Level 10 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Kyle SkySword on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Hello Musket Man, on my Privateer I was a pretty high nautical level. I tried as hard as I could to keep a high nautical level, then I got to Aquila. My nautical was about 55 when I got to Aquila, and my Player Level was 63 when I got there. I did every side quest, thats why I was a high level, also I thought doing side quests would help me get more Nautical XP, but it didn't help one bit.

I suggest you have a little get together with your friends and maybe farm some ships for a couples of hours, to get your nautical up, I've had about 4-5 Nautical Party's in my Pirate101 life. My nautical is now 65 as well as my level. Also I have a fully equipped Aquila Galleon, reply to this post and I'll see if I could help you get your Nautical up. Thanks and have a awesome day sailing the skies!

Sneaky Kyle - Level 10 Musketeer
Ok, that's what I'm doing. I did most of the nautical quests in skull island, but I only gained about two levels. I am in Marleybone and I could get the gold to buy a galleon, but I couldn't get equipment. I will do what I was doing with the side quests, but I'll also take your advice on the nautical parties. Please reply with some more advice.

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Northern Pirate, I would love to meet up with you in the game. We have to arrange something about friending each other.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
So you want some more advice? Okay here is what I got:

1. If you need gold for equipment, farm Frair Sand for a bit, he is located in the Temple of the East Wind in Verdant Dock. You can get more than 3,000 gold from killing him once if your with a couple friends.

2. For extra Nautical XP, just keep doing what your doing. The side quests that give Nautical XP are pretty good to get some extra XP. Just remember the parties, make sure you have one, or as many as you'd like.

For the meet up, we gotta make sure we both have to be on at the same time, usually it takes a bit of time for the Mods to accept the posts to be shown on the Message Boards, so we gotta agree on a time. So if you wanna give me a time, that would be great. My time is Eastern Standard Time, EST for short. I'm usually on about 12:00 in the morning, but usually I've been sleeping in so the latest is 2:00 PM. I've also been getting off really early lately, and that time is about 4:00 PM, I don'y know why I get of at that time, maybe cause I get bored easily and get off cause rarely any of my friends are ever on. I am currently questing on my Witchdoctor which is Level 14, Nautical Level 10 and I also do all side quests on this pirate too. If you want, you could add me on both of my pirates cause I am on my Witchdoctor more than my Privateer at the moment cause I am trying to get to Aquila before my membership expires in two months. Okay I'm done, sorry for the long posts, but remember to follow the two things I told you, also give me a time to meet with ya. Okay see ya later.

Dark Kyle - Level 14 Witchdoctor

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Ok how about 3:00 on the 3rd of August. We could meet up in the Vadima region at Skull Island. Does that work for you?

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Ok, I missed you because I'm in central time and I didn't realize you were eastern time. Tell me a time that works for you so we can try again.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Same, I had some important family over at my house and I couldn't come on cause my friends were using my computer room to sleep in. But anyways, how about Tuesday 3:00 PM? I'm free Tuesday and Wednesday, anyday the same time is good.

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Does Friday, August 9th work for you in the same place in the game?

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Sorry that I put out the wrong day, not free this Wednesday and then next Wednesday is first school day, but maybe then somewhere around 5:00 to 6:30.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
How about we use friend codes, eh? I am so busy with work and other important stuff I can't get online as much as I did before. At the moment, I'm not on my computer so if you could give me your friend code, that would be great.

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
ok my true friend code is RHO2D900 (if this one doesn't work try the same thing execpt make the last two numbers capital o's.)