Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Voice actor change mid statement.

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
As my crew was talking to Ares his delightful, deep resonating voice changed just for the part where he talks to Catbeard. It changes to another actor whose voice is so different that it pulls your brain out of the game from listening to an immortal talk to your crew to thoughts about voice actors. My immersion into fantasy vs reality is yanked back and forth a bit here.
Sara Steele, would it be possible to have that same actor say the lines or if he is not available perhaps recut it with another golden voiced actor?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Back on Skull Island, I liked when I was talking to a frog who, when he quoted Finn, changed to Finn's voice. So funny that he went from sounding like a little frog to a Vin Diesel voice. Was the change in tone a quotation of someone else?

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
I once heard a voice change real quick. I believe I was in Mooshu. I was talking to this one guy who had this kind of high pitched voice but it kinda wasn't, you know what I mean, right? Anyway, on the fourth box thing, his voice just changed. I was like, wow.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
No Ares was complimenting Catbeard for the amount of wars he had started, and as Ares was a deity of war he was impressed.

Administrator
Thanks for your good ears! We'll see about getting that fixed.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for your good ears! We'll see about getting that fixed.
Wow x blushing x , coming from a rabbit, that is Quite the complement . Thank you.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009