Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ratbeard's 3rd promo feedback

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed Ratbeard's third promotion quest, and like his appearance, but there's some thoughts about his appearance. Please listen.

First off, his outfit looks real nice, very epic. Though, does he need a pistol? He's a Buccaneer, so why does he need a pistol for? He's no Musketeer, I'm sure, so what good use does his pistol do?

Second, a hook for a left hand? Seriously? It's not an accessory fitting for a Rat Admiral. What part does Ratbeard "loses" his left hand in all of this? His leg was lost to Captain Fowl before, I know, but he doesn't have to lose his hand to someone he's battled during his quest. There's no such cinematic scene proving that. It doesn't make sense. I'm sure his left hand is hiding behind this hook in his clothing, as it is clearly an accessory. I say, his hand needs to return, not cut off, so the hook may need to go. Save the hook for some other new companion for the hook. And, if you decide to keep the pistol, at least the pistol may make good use of it as a new attack when you return his left hand to it's proper place.

Third, an Admiral's wig? Does he even need it? Why is he even wearing one? I'm sure an Admiral's wig doesn't come with his new finery, but I digress. Looks nice, though. It would be an optional accessory for Ratbeard to wear and take off from time to time.

And finally, his hat is quite a bit strangely wide, and although it is very amazing, it's once again missing the new pin-up gold skull with the jeweled eyes and the feather from his previous appearance. At least make a better pin-up for his hat. That would make it more amazing.

Those are my thoughts for Ratbeard's third promotion appearance. I know you've put your work on this, but I'm sure it can be better. I mean no criticism. Thanks for listening!

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
Hiya!

Ok so I was wondering the same thing bout the hat and pistol. (The hook isn't a prob because it looks cool as pie ) Ok back to subject. The hat is ok but needs the skull emblem with the jewels and feathers while the pistol is unnecessary. If he doesn't use the gun why have it? to shove candy in it? to point it at bonnie to have a laugh? I don't think so k. KI should maybe tweek ratbeard a little and make him more....well.....idk better I guessss............ Well that's my response and I hope you can agree too k! Bye person

Bosun
May 06, 2009
The Hat- (Sigh). I'm getting extremely tired of Ratbeard's hat always coming into topic. I mean, can we please just leave it alone? Next time he promotes, they shouldn't do anything to it, should they? But even that won't work! If they do something to the hat, we complain. If they do nothing to the hat, we complain. Enough with the hat tricks! I'm find with the hat. Remember the outfit was a gift from Ebeneezer, so it is of Marleybonean influence. The Marleyboneans do not add a lot of accerssories to their hats outside of feathers, embroiders, and boarders. And since it was main from Marleybone, it makes sense that there isn't a skull on it. Design-wise, I'm seeing Ratbeard leaving the Pirate look to an more Privateer/Admiral look. He has to look the part. I'm hoping he'll get a feather in his next promotion.

The Wig- Again the wig is of Marleybonean styling. It came with the hat. I think it's alright. It's different and keeps with that change from dirty pirate to respectable Admiral. They should leave it.

The Pistol- The pistol is but an accessory. Nothing more. Could they change his 4th attack to include it? Of course! And I wouldn't mind it. But it's just an accessory. I rather like it as such. It leaves a touch of humor (he could pull his coat back and say "Are we gonna have a problem?") or just adds to his intimidating looks. But if all say he needs to loose it or use it, may I assume you feel the same for Egg Shen's useless sword, Kobe's second sword (also just hanging there), and the Monquistador Explorer's sword? They're all just standing there with those weapons that do nothing for them.

The Hook- It can stay or it can go, but I'm fine with it either way. He can't loose his pirate style completely, now can he?

Overall, as the look stands, I'm fine with it. No changes should really be made.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
About the gun....

Maybe, MAYBE, MAAAAAAAYBE, on his next promo, the gun will have a use. kinda like those Armada Dragoons. You know, the ones that if a musketeer attacks them, they shoot back? Maybe they could give Ratbeard that. Although yeah, right now it seems kind of pointless.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Likeieggs on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
Hiya!

Ok so I was wondering the same thing bout the hat and pistol. (The hook isn't a prob because it looks cool as pie ) Ok back to subject. The hat is ok but needs the skull emblem with the jewels and feathers while the pistol is unnecessary. If he doesn't use the gun why have it? to shove candy in it? to point it at bonnie to have a laugh? I don't think so k. KI should maybe tweek ratbeard a little and make him more....well.....idk better I guessss............ Well that's my response and I hope you can agree too k! Bye person
Most real pirates carried a pistol but hardly ever used them since it took forever to reload them.

I figured KI kinda had that in mind when adding the pistol for (looks) rather then it being used

Cruel Dairus Blake(65)
Jack's Blake Sheep

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ooh! I almost forgot to say something about the promo quest's dialogue. Lasko charged only Ratbeard the task of giving Ebenezer Scrooge remorse, but forgot to involve the PC and the rest of the crew in it, both in the beginning and the end of Ratbeard's third promotion quest. I think the dialogue should be revised to include the PC for it.

Thanks for listening!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since his appearance has been raised (again)...

I like the new look, and I am particularly fond of the wig, which strikes me as exactly the sort of thing Ratbeard might acquire thinking it gives him more dignitas. It's the goofy, over-sized and unwieldy sword I don't like. Just goes to show we are never all going to be pleased.

-Indigo