Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Limit name?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 08, 2013
I've noticed that some player's limit their name to one or two? It there a display option somewhere to only display part of your name??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
That is done when you select your name. You just leave that section blank.

Community Leader
Nedthemoney on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
I've noticed that some player's limit their name to one or two? It there a display option somewhere to only display part of your name??
I dont know of anyway to control what parts of your name are displayed, however during character creation the option of (NONE) is available allowing pirates to select just one of the 3 name slots, resulting in a "single" name.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Nedthemoney on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
nope, i don't think, some people just don't choose to have an adjective or a last name on their primary name, for an instance, my pirate's name is cunning xavier veldon, i could have not chosen any adjective: cunning, i MUST have a primary name: xavier, and i could have went without any last name:veldon

so all together i could name: Cunning Xavier Veldon, Xavier Veldon, Cunning Xavier, or just Xavier

i believe your name cannot be changed once you confirm your pirate's design.

Happy to Help

Cunning Xavier Veldon lvl 50

Ensign
May 21, 2011
No, that's just their name. When you are creating your pirate you don't have to have all three parts, the only part you HAVE to have is a first name (the name from the middle list). For the last name (name list on the left) and the descriptor part of the name (annoying, nimble, silly, etc. The name on the right) you can select nothing. If you scroll down passed the w's but before the a's you'll notice there is a blank spot. If you select that, your pirate will not have one of the names from that section as part of their name.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Nope, its something you can chose at the beginning of the game when you name your person. you have to roll to a blank for shorter names