Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

People keep on finding loopholes in chat!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
For some reason there are many holes in chat. people sound out a swear to say it. I was called a ton of swears a few times and its getting over the line :( plz fix this i'm pretty sure other players know what i mean

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
Well that's what the report button is for shipmate. You notice someone being rude or swearing around the filter, all you have to do is click their name in the chat box, find and click the report button, and KI staff will take care of the rest. Hope that helps you out a bit. And if that doesnt work, just put them on your ignore list. Once on your ignore list, you cant see a single word they're saying, weither it's towards you or someone else.

See ye around the Spiral and Skyways:
Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 23
Connor Jackson, lvl 9
Loyal Oran Jackson, lvl 8
Quick Aedan Jackson, lvl 9
Wordy Paul Jackson, lvl 9

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
Buccaneer Jackson on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Well that's what the report button is for shipmate. You notice someone being rude or swearing around the filter, all you have to do is click their name in the chat box, find and click the report button, and KI staff will take care of the rest. Hope that helps you out a bit. And if that doesnt work, just put them on your ignore list. Once on your ignore list, you cant see a single word they're saying, weither it's towards you or someone else.

See ye around the Spiral and Skyways:
Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 23
Connor Jackson, lvl 9
Loyal Oran Jackson, lvl 8
Quick Aedan Jackson, lvl 9
Wordy Paul Jackson, lvl 9
Tried both! once i finally do that people make another account and come back to haunt me! Its annoying

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
no matter how much they try to remove bad words in the chat people will always find a way to wright them... but even there the fact that its not exactly the same word is less vulgar. i think KI did a great job on the chat! and even of they cant use bad words people can always be rude! that part of life not part of the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
unicornman987 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Tried both! once i finally do that people make another account and come back to haunt me! Its annoying
Wow you would think that some people have more to do with their money than to make more accounts just to bug us. Yea I know they can keep it a free account and do the deed, but still .
Hey KI, Any way you could let us know what happens when we report folk? We would feel a bit better knowing that our attempts at protecting the family atmosphere are accomplishing something. How about a way to let us know what actions were taken against the offenders? Like a public offender wall of shame? Any input?

Administrator
This FAQ page about Account Sanctions might be what you're looking for.

Please continue to be diligent with reporting those who participate in "egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
This FAQ page about Account Sanctions might be what you're looking for.

Please continue to be diligent with reporting those who participate in "egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use."
Yes Sir x Smartly salutes x . You have my word on that. And I will continue to encourage my friends to do the same. Protection of our world is our duty and we benefit greatly by helping KI to enforce the rules that they set down to make our wonderful world a safer and happier place.

Captain
May 13, 2011
why are you posting it anyway? we dont need more chat limits. text chat is restricted enough, just because some people cant take words and choose to say it to everyone and get the word blocked

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
unicornman987 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Yeticheif had some good advice about the report and ignore buttons. I would add to it that in options you can change the realm you are in. There are a many realms to occupy to reduce crowding in the game. If they are not on your friend list and you change realm, you are gone as far as they can see. You are still in the same location, but it's like you moved to another dimension. If they try to haunt you and search the realms and manage to find you, it's easy to switch again. You can whisper chat to friends you might be hanging out with which realm to change to.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Calamity Finch on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Yeticheif had some good advice about the report and ignore buttons. I would add to it that in options you can change the realm you are in. There are a many realms to occupy to reduce crowding in the game. If they are not on your friend list and you change realm, you are gone as far as they can see. You are still in the same location, but it's like you moved to another dimension. If they try to haunt you and search the realms and manage to find you, it's easy to switch again. You can whisper chat to friends you might be hanging out with which realm to change to.
itll take a couple tries for stalkers to find your realm too. just move around, or if all else fails, teleport to your house