Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Armada Companions

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
I thought it was brilliant
Lol

Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
What if?
There was a side quest where Gracie Conrad wanted to make a amarda companion(based on your chosen class) and need's you to get the parts to make one.

It's just a suggestion
Greedy Wesley Kidd
Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Greedy Kidd on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
What if?
There was a side quest where Gracie Conrad wanted to make a amarda companion(based on your chosen class) and need's you to get the parts to make one.

It's just a suggestion
Greedy Wesley Kidd
Lvl 65
Welcome to the message board family Wesley. Interesting idea but I suspect her hands are full with plans and updates for her beloved golem.
We love to help other pirates, have lots of fun, stretch our imaginationsand make each other giggle. You are now part of a nutty, fun family and I can't wait to watch the process of you getting to know us better.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Blind Mew on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
I've seen lots of questions in the Story Questions Thread about the possibility of Armada troops or even the Elites joining the PC as Companions. When I see player posts speculating about what the future plot holds (always a fun pastime), these grants are assumed - Rooke will join us after betraying Kane, or Kane will be granted after El Dorado.

I'm here to tell you, I don't like the idea - the way I'm looking at things right now, I don't see it happening (at least for a looooooooooong time). I'll tell you why:

There many different types of villains out there: the bumbling bully (Popeye's Bluto), the nemesis (he's just like you but evil: think Belloq to Indy Jones), the evil genius (Hannibal lector and so many more). One of my favorites is the Force of Nature - monolithic, unstoppable, and unfathomable: you're scared of them because you can't empathize with them. The shark from Jaws is the most extreme example of this, but another one that I dearly love is the Borg (pre Hugh and I, Borg: the season 2 and 3 Borg). That's really what I was aiming for with the Armada.

They're tougher than you, they are relentless, you have almost no window on their thought process, and they don't care what you think. We're deliberately trying to keep them as "other" as possible, to emphasize their creepiness and maximize their potential as enemies.

To give a re-programmed Armada clockwork as a companion would take some of that mystique away. The worst thing they ever did to the Borg was to give them an empathetic identity, and then a queen. I want the Armada to be nothing but an enemy.

A disclaimer: if a really cool idea strikes me later on, I could change my mind. But for the foreseeable future at least, I don't like it. No sir, I don't like it at all.
Blind Mew is right have you tried buying the nutcracker from the crown shop it's like a armada warrior it shoots like a armada musketeer.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
As I said in another form, the closest we'll probably get to an Armada companion is the Prince Yuletide holiday companion. His attacks are just like the attacks of an Armada Sniper. Anyways, that is my input. If we do end up getting an Armada companion of any type, I will be very shocked and surprised. See Ya'll in the Skyways!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Now I know this is very unlikely but perhaps after the 1st arc is over (Defeated the Armada and all) Kane would join us because he was secretly a spy (Well more like he is a half spy/half ally of the Armada) and would be glad to join us since we defeated deacon and/or the girl clockwork and possibly freed him from the evil half's devious programming. Also maybe after the "Main puppeteer" of the Armada is defeated all but Kane and 1 other clockwork would self destruct. The last clockwork along with Kane will join you as well but will allow you to program him into what you want him to be (Allowing you to pick what type of companion he will be from the different classes) since he has no goal now that the "Main puppeteer" has finally been defeated.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
I myself would love to have an armada soldier companion, to me they are cooler than most of my companions I have. However, the prince yulefest companion is a perfect companion to replace the armada soldiers. I just hope next year KI adds another nutcracker soldier that uses an ax so I can have a companion like the armada soldier with the ax. (I forget what they are called)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I think that if each class got a different member of Kane's inner court it might make the game a lot more interesting. Like swashbucklers would get bishop, musketeers would get rooke, buccaneers would get deacon, privateers would get phule and witchdoctors would get Kane himself.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Ensign
Oct 02, 2010
I would like an Armada companion, but what would the backstory be? Would they turn or start good or maybe you force or capture them? Plus, I would like to know the types, like:guard, captain, healer?, or even elite!

Merciless Blaze Nightingale Lv. 45

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Ethan the baron on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
Were you not paying attention in the armada puppet show kane is the first of the armada clockworks their was no older armada clockwork though bane would be a cool hidden secret that no one knew about not a clockwork but an even bigger villian than kane.

As for the whole no armada companion i know it is hard and not easy to put in especially an elite clockwork so here is what i think and if youve seen other message boards i think this is like the hundredth time ive said we should only have one armada companion for every class the Deacon why him he was your biggest foe (other than kane of course) who had benn hunting you down from day one that you started. There should be a quest main story of course where the creator of the armada or someone who had a big rivalry or dispute with the armad who has reconstructed deacon but gave him a mind of his own so he wouldnt be controlled this time from kane the pirate is called back from his duties of searching for the pieces of the map from Avery and says he has found a way to gain an edge over the armada by turning them good but when kane finds out deacon is back he hires a bounty hunter and his crew that had feuds with the aramda to capture deacon and he doesnt send armada troops so they dont suspect the aramda is behind this and the pirates think the bounty hunters just want to get abck at the armada. The bounty hunters take deacon back to valencia when they reach kane the pirate is right on their tail deacon fights with you as an ally to battle the bounty hunters and deacons replacement who kane had after deacon died teh pirate defeats the bounty hunters and destroy deacons replacement and also collect one of the pieces of marco pollos map that deacons replacement had with him after the pirate, the crew, and deacon return in skull island they find out rooke had killed the man who found out how to reprogram armada troops and destroyed the evidence to make sure it can never happen so after all that deacon decides to join the pirates crew so he can make up for all the horrible things he did as the armadas puppet and says he will never stop fighting with the pirate until he dies and asks for foriveness to the pirate and everyone else. So by the end of that return to skull island you get deacon and recover a piece of the map and go to your next world for the next piece. I think this would be a brilliant idea for the storyline and i think it will make many players happy and it would be a great way to get more people to join the amazing and probably one of my top 3 games ive ever played pirate101. and this way you only get one armada companion so you dont make it to difficult to get quests for more am=rmada companions so what do you think blind mew and talkin the plank like my ideas and please tell me if you like it it would make me happy whether you say yes or no

find me in the game
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkinsswashbuckler lvl 44
that is all peace!!!!!!
Cool idea. But one prob, it is very costly to build or rebuild an elite, and Kane probably wants to destroy us more than rebuild Deacon, only so we can destroy it again. Sry if this is inaccurate, but I kinda skimmed it, so yeah.

Also, COINCIDENCE ALERT! I have a lvl 50 swashbuckler, named Merciless Emma Jenkins. Wow. We should totally meet up in the game sometime.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
totallyawesomepira... on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Cool idea. But one prob, it is very costly to build or rebuild an elite, and Kane probably wants to destroy us more than rebuild Deacon, only so we can destroy it again. Sry if this is inaccurate, but I kinda skimmed it, so yeah.

Also, COINCIDENCE ALERT! I have a lvl 50 swashbuckler, named Merciless Emma Jenkins. Wow. We should totally meet up in the game sometime.
That would be some amazing, double look taking team.