Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fix stormzilla!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 04, 2009
Ugh! I've fought him OVER 15 times.

I am about to THROW my computer. I KNOW of many users who want to.

It's not just that, but stuspender-x or how ever you spell the dang robot is a piece of junk. My can opener would kill the monster faster than that.

Fix it to where the areas you cant walk, to where you can OR show it you cant go there. YOU DIE A LOT due to that.

-.- I hate it! I CANT win, it's impssible AND lot of users will agree with me. Jack says it's easy, well if it's easy, then someone else do it for me. -.- Many users just want to quit pirate101 due to it, I know I do.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I have defeated him many times and know how to do it, that said I kept losing impossible fight after impossible fight on my privateer (my third pirate) while my play was from my standpoint absolutely flawless each time. I changed equipment on my fourth try, made several mistakes I didn't make before and ended up winning so I'd say something is still very wrong with this quest.

Ensign
Apr 02, 2011
stormzilla is mess up WHY CAN'T I MOVE AROUND THE PLACE i make a move and my guy stay put you have change some stuff in this part of the game I have beat him before now i can't even move around WHAT GOING ON
and don't say i beat it many times we all have but they have change some thing.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Guys, I feel your pain...Stormzilla is very, very annoying, which is a shame, because when I first encountered the mission, I thought it was a cool idea. The first two times I tried, it was a disaster!

That being said, it can be beaten. There is a 'trick' to it...following this advice, I defeated him on the third attempt.

First, destroy all eggs as quickly as you can, but save special powers for either multiple eggs or for Stormzilla himself. If you can, really try saving the attack powers for Stormzilla...you'll be glad you did.

Second, go to a corner of the map, and use lazer eyes to place a line of fire along one edge. Use the second lazer eyes to place a second line of fire next to the first line. Then, as Stormzilla chases you, just get him to follow you along a path that causes him to hit the lines of fire when he stops. The fire will NOT hurt you, so don't worry about it. With any luck, by the time you have to fight him, he will be very low on health because of the damage he's taken from the fire lines. Onslaught and Prime potions can help too.

If you're lucky, your pet will appear and help you in the fight.

Here's a better guide to defeating him...
http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?12888-Shogun-Warrior

Ensign
Feb 19, 2012
galliard1 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Guys, I feel your pain...Stormzilla is very, very annoying, which is a shame, because when I first encountered the mission, I thought it was a cool idea. The first two times I tried, it was a disaster!

That being said, it can be beaten. There is a 'trick' to it...following this advice, I defeated him on the third attempt.

First, destroy all eggs as quickly as you can, but save special powers for either multiple eggs or for Stormzilla himself. If you can, really try saving the attack powers for Stormzilla...you'll be glad you did.

Second, go to a corner of the map, and use lazer eyes to place a line of fire along one edge. Use the second lazer eyes to place a second line of fire next to the first line. Then, as Stormzilla chases you, just get him to follow you along a path that causes him to hit the lines of fire when he stops. The fire will NOT hurt you, so don't worry about it. With any luck, by the time you have to fight him, he will be very low on health because of the damage he's taken from the fire lines. Onslaught and Prime potions can help too.

If you're lucky, your pet will appear and help you in the fight.

Here's a better guide to defeating him...
http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?12888-Shogun-Warrior
All good and said... but the changes and the glitches make this strat out of date and useless...

I saw this strat on u tube and tried it twice. The glitches in the movement and the fact that lazer beem doesn't always leave a trail of fire in it wake, makes it a little impossible to do. Using this strat i was able to get Stormzilla down to yellow bar before he killed me. but since the 1 line of fire was 1 spot instead of the whole row there was nothing for Stormzilla to walk in.

Community Leader
cjchmie on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
All good and said... but the changes and the glitches make this strat out of date and useless...

I saw this strat on u tube and tried it twice. The glitches in the movement and the fact that lazer beem doesn't always leave a trail of fire in it wake, makes it a little impossible to do. Using this strat i was able to get Stormzilla down to yellow bar before he killed me. but since the 1 line of fire was 1 spot instead of the whole row there was nothing for Stormzilla to walk in.
The laser only leaves a trail from the point it hits the ground on. Therefore, if you target a spot all the way across the board, it will only leave a single spot of fire, whereas if you target the ground right in front of your robot, it will leave a line all the way to the edge of the board. Not sure if this is what happened to you, but it happened to me once before I figured out what was going wrong. I got the 2nd fire path down correctly and was able to win, though just barely!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
May 12, 2010
ok i am getting mad because of this glitch or bug what ever it is but when i try to move it wont let me and when i try to kill the eggs i cant move either and i hope you can fix this soon

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
alexis1213 on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
Ugh! I've fought him OVER 15 times.

I am about to THROW my computer. I KNOW of many users who want to.

It's not just that, but stuspender-x or how ever you spell the dang robot is a piece of junk. My can opener would kill the monster faster than that.

Fix it to where the areas you cant walk, to where you can OR show it you cant go there. YOU DIE A LOT due to that.

-.- I hate it! I CANT win, it's impssible AND lot of users will agree with me. Jack says it's easy, well if it's easy, then someone else do it for me. -.- Many users just want to quit pirate101 due to it, I know I do.
its easy. Put fire using laser eyes twice in long area

make stormzilla walk through it.

and then use your other moves after that.

When you are out of damage moves, because he dodges a lot, use chest beam to decrease his dodge.

after that, he is easy!

Hope this helps,

Tarlac Ward, Level 50 Buccaneer, and level 27 Privateer with the same name.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
i really wish they would at least let you use YOUR OWN TALENTS! then it would be so much easier and a lot less frustrating. i have died against stormzilla like twenty times thanks to that piece of junk they call a super powerful robot. i have just one thing to say to kingsisle, and that is STORMZILLA SUCKS!!!!!!

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
i wish we could at least BRING PEOPLE IN TO HELP!!! kingisle you better fix this or my lawyer dad will sue you.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
i have my health halved when i got to fight him. -_- why! in my opinion take the fight out of the game so far i have had 6 friend quit the game cuz of it. its just to hard! PERIOD!

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
julian12241 on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
i wish we could at least BRING PEOPLE IN TO HELP!!! kingisle you better fix this or my lawyer dad will sue you.
Do you really think any lawyer or court would accept a case from a child because a video game is too hard?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
julian12241 on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
At the very least, your dad should sue Stormzilla, because of the malicious behavior that ensues, plus whatever the damage the babies cause if they hatch. Financial loss, property damage, homelessness, emotional distress, and the list goes on.

Plus, to try and save the village, you are forced to destroy it as well, causing more problems for the village folks. The end result? Whether or not you or Stormzilla wins, the village loses and it's a perfect time for a lawyer to make their move.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
I agree that Stormzilla is too hard. I'm going to attempt to make this a critique, not a rant. I know the movement glitch is bad, but it's playable. the trick is to not move more than 4 tiles. if you do, it will skip your turn. I have seen some people say that "it's easy if you follow the strategy", that is not true. maybe it was back when stormzilla sat still until you got to her, but it is no longer easy. it is, however, possible. I'm pretty sure it took me 12 tries, and something like 4-5 hours, to finish it. my first three tries were hopeless. then I started using the strategy, and I came close a few times. that strategy is pretty much the only thing that I have ever seen, heard of, or done that works against stormzilla. there is a specific path you need to follow, perhaps watching a video on how to beat stormzilla might help, because of the level of detail. I do agree Kingsisle needs to change it, it's altogether too hard. but my point is: if you continue to persevere, and don't give up on the fight (or worse- the game!) it's possible. not easy, but possible. I hope KI takes this into consideration, and I hope I have helped all of the people on this threat having a tough time.

Developer
Just wanted to quickly pop in to the thread and let you know that we are listening and reviewing this encounter.