Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Battles need to drop more gold

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 27, 2012
It seems Ratbeard lied and is stealing the gold from my battles or One-Eyed Jack is a stowaway on my Bison frigate because I've noticed that some battles offer ridiculously low amounts of gold. After a good fight in Port Regal with the Marleybone ships (in a boarding action), I walked away with around 400 gold, and the drops were together worth around 246. The next boarding, I walk away with around 90 gold and a drop worth 123. Considering the fact that I REALLY want to buy that Royal Navy skiff, I'm a little angry.

The solution I propose is to set a minimum amount of gold that is to be received for defeating a certain enemy. It would require some coding, but it should satisfy the majority of pirates out there (unless they want to make gold farmable).

Smart Oliver Kidd Lvl 30

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
I can tell you one thing. It doesn't get any better as you move on to the higher worlds. You basically get that same amount the rest of the game.

I think they were trying to be like WoW with grinding. But then they forgot the target audience is pre-teen, little kids, and families; and NOT people who want to grind for a week straight to buy one training point.

Heck I PLAY WoW and the grinding isn't nearly as bad as this game!

Community Leader
PrinceofEgypt1 on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
It seems Ratbeard lied and is stealing the gold from my battles or One-Eyed Jack is a stowaway on my Bison frigate because I've noticed that some battles offer ridiculously low amounts of gold. After a good fight in Port Regal with the Marleybone ships (in a boarding action), I walked away with around 400 gold, and the drops were together worth around 246. The next boarding, I walk away with around 90 gold and a drop worth 123. Considering the fact that I REALLY want to buy that Royal Navy skiff, I'm a little angry.

The solution I propose is to set a minimum amount of gold that is to be received for defeating a certain enemy. It would require some coding, but it should satisfy the majority of pirates out there (unless they want to make gold farmable).

Smart Oliver Kidd Lvl 30
One of the many changes they have on Test Realm right now was pertaining to the loot tables.
Hopefully they have improved the gold drops throughout the game.

I personally hated getting chests with 1 gold while fighting in level 25+ areas...

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV