Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ships, ship classes, ship origins, and parts!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I have noticed that ship parts and ship's figureheads are all classed amongst different size ships and different origins.

Well, the most beautiful ship I have ever commandeered and was so proud of was the Pirate Galleon. But here is the thing. I am now level 50, and the only pirate galleon that exists is the one from Scrimshaw, according to my knowledge.

Is there not a pirate galleon, or a bison galleon that could be bought with strengths equal to the Mooshu or royal navy galleon?

I know there are ships you get with bundles, but I honestly don't want a little royal navy skiff, as powerful as it is lol. And I don't want a pirate frigate, because I'd love to have a pirate galleon.

I would like to suggest to make different origin galleons all available at Mooshu, one way or another, that all have the same strengths as the top level galleons. Reason for that .... figureheads. Or any other ship parts, for that matter.

For example, I would LOVE to be able to redeem my Cutthroat shark figurehead from the Cutthroat bundle, but I really don't like having a medium sized pirate frigate. You cannot attach that figurehead to any of the high level galleons, because none of them are of pirate origin. See what I mean?

I think that providing galleons of all origins would open up a LOT more customizing, and have many more pirates commandeer ships tailored to their own preferences. Same goes with with Cool Ranch (part 1), Port Regal, Cool Ranch (part 2), and of course Mooshu.

For example. A player hits Cool Ranch. They can now buy a bison skiff, or a bison frigate. They are both even more powerful than the pirate origin ships from Skull island. That player now has to use a bison ship if they actually want to survive in the higher level skyways. I suggest that the same ship vendor provide the upgraded versions of the pirate skiff and the pirate frigate, and their respective, basic ship parts.

The ships in that area will hence also be able to drop the variety of parts used for pirate origin as well. In Port Regal, have ship vendors sell the upgraded versions of the bison and pirate origin as well, on top of the royal navy skiff.

Mooshu would offer the pirate and bison origin upgrades as well as their own samoorai (and royal navy) origin counterparts. Do you see what I mean?

Does anyone agree? I'd be very interested in hearing your opinions about this. I think this would add a whole new level of customizability to the game.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
It has long been suggested that every ship type should be made upgradable to the current level ships, some players have suggested ship stitching.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
I do agree that you should be able to either level up you ships or buy higher level versions of them.

Another thing that I would like to see is something besides bison ships for cool ranch, some paddlewheelers or something with a stagecoach kind of look would be awesome

If we're going to have a cowboys and indians world can we have ships from both groups?

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
Shiningfantasia on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I have noticed that ship parts and ship's figureheads are all classed amongst different size ships and different origins.

Well, the most beautiful ship I have ever commandeered and was so proud of was the Pirate Galleon. But here is the thing. I am now level 50, and the only pirate galleon that exists is the one from Scrimshaw, according to my knowledge.

Is there not a pirate galleon, or a bison galleon that could be bought with strengths equal to the Mooshu or royal navy galleon?

I know there are ships you get with bundles, but I honestly don't want a little royal navy skiff, as powerful as it is lol. And I don't want a pirate frigate, because I'd love to have a pirate galleon.

I would like to suggest to make different origin galleons all available at Mooshu, one way or another, that all have the same strengths as the top level galleons. Reason for that .... figureheads. Or any other ship parts, for that matter.

For example, I would LOVE to be able to redeem my Cutthroat shark figurehead from the Cutthroat bundle, but I really don't like having a medium sized pirate frigate. You cannot attach that figurehead to any of the high level galleons, because none of them are of pirate origin. See what I mean?

I think that providing galleons of all origins would open up a LOT more customizing, and have many more pirates commandeer ships tailored to their own preferences. Same goes with with Cool Ranch (part 1), Port Regal, Cool Ranch (part 2), and of course Mooshu.

For example. A player hits Cool Ranch. They can now buy a bison skiff, or a bison frigate. They are both even more powerful than the pirate origin ships from Skull island. That player now has to use a bison ship if they actually want to survive in the higher level skyways. I suggest that the same ship vendor provide the upgraded versions of the pirate skiff and the pirate frigate, and their respective, basic ship parts.

The ships in that area will hence also be able to drop the variety of parts used for pirate origin as well. In Port Regal, have ship vendors sell the upgraded versions of the bison and pirate origin as well, on top of the royal navy skiff.

Mooshu would offer the pirate and bison origin upgrades as well as their own samoorai (and royal navy) origin counterparts. Do you see what I mean?

Does anyone agree? I'd be very interested in hearing your opinions about this. I think this would add a whole new level of customizability to the game.
Great idea! I really like your suggestions.

I too have like my current ship, a Bison Galleon, and have spent crowns to upgrade it. But the idea of having to loss it when I get to Mooshu because it will be underpowered has slowed my spending of crowns for upgrades. And I think, in addition to membership fees, KI really wants us spending money for crowns as well

Why keep spending crowns to upgrade the ship if I will have to get another ship anyway? Or maybe that was the plan?

I saw in another thread someone suggested your ship level should grow with your nautical level so you could still keep your favorite ship as you level up. So you could have a level 50 Pirate Galleon if you want once your nautical level hits level 50.

I like your idea and/or I like that idea.