Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Change in pets for pre-paid cards

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 16, 2008
I bought a pre paid card from Gamestop last month and I am wondering if the pet given has changed yet for this month? I don't want to use it to get the same pet.

Community Leader
This may not be helpful to you, but there are 2 different Gamestop cards, $10 & $20. The $10 card gives the Crab pet and the $20 card gives the walking octopus. Hopefully there will be new pets with the cards after 3 months (the amount of playing time those 2 cards combined would get you).

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
We don't currently have cards set up to recycle abilities monthly like you find in Wizard101.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 16, 2008
This is what it says on the Pirate 101 prepaid card page: Each prepaid game card comes with a Free Pet. The pets change each month and the pet you receive depends on when you REDEEM the card, not when you PURCHASE the card.

So will this eventually happen?

Administrator
I'll see about getting that changed ASAP to say how things are currently working. On the upside, I can verify that it has both been discussed here and requested by players! On the downside, the wording on the website is incorrect for the time being, and I don't have any additional information regarding actual implementation.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*