Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Having our crew show up on our ships.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 14, 2010
Considering they are our crew. Shouldn't they show up on the ship because they're suppose to help keep the mast and manning the cannons

Ensign
Dec 03, 2009
Just started playing this a few days ago, and I was thinking about this as well. When you have no other players on your ship and go to the deck view, you should see a few of your crew. It could be based on the size of the ship, and as for the ones who show up, it could either be a few random ones, or the next ones on the roster after the first mate. Alternatively being able to go down in the deck to see your crew there would also be nice touch. Likewise maybe a few lines of dialogue, but more of a bonus then a requirement for it.

One of my favorite things about the game so far has been when you go into the cellar of the tavern and see your motley crew that you've thus far assembled. It's the small things like that, that really sell the atmosphere and the style of game.

In Short: In full support of this idea (however much a new guys opinion on the matter matters..)

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Jared DarkBlood on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Considering they are our crew. Shouldn't they show up on the ship because they're suppose to help keep the mast and manning the cannons
I know in Beta when I had my raft I could see them. I thought it was hilarious. They may be on there but are in a spot where we can't see them.

Community Leader
It would be a neat addition if you could assign each crew member a spot to patrol, especially on the bigger ships, or even gave them a specific task in combat, which might give different bonuses depending on what type of character they are. Have a swashbuckler character working the canon? They won't hit for as much, but will fire much more often. Something like that. Always room for more intricacy in an MMO

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Mar 23, 2011
it would be nice to see our crew when we see our ship.

if you don't have space in your ship your favorites would show.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
I think when they add "Captain's Quarters" it is supposed to act like a tavern so we would see our crew then. Though this is just an educated guess.

Ensign
Aug 28, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
It would be a neat addition if you could assign each crew member a spot to patrol, especially on the bigger ships, or even gave them a specific task in combat, which might give different bonuses depending on what type of character they are. Have a swashbuckler character working the canon? They won't hit for as much, but will fire much more often. Something like that. Always room for more intricacy in an MMO
you'd think you would have a musketeer running the cannons though. i'm a swashbuckler and cannot possibly imagine myself flying a cannon. the enemies would flee ... but so would my crew XD

Brave Brooke Whitman lvl 14

Community Leader
Haha! I suppose so. But it woudl make sense if you think about it like this: a buccaneer type could lift heavier cannon balls, a musketeer would be more accurate, swashbuckler could load faster, witchdoctor could add status effects to the shot, and a privateer could add more explosives to each payload. And you could do that kind of thing with every job on the ship.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Oct 29, 2011
maybe other players on our ship should also be able to man the cannons

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I fully support the idea of having companions wandering the decks of our ships...as previously stated, the number might vary based on size of the ship, and the roster can be a rotating one of random picks from your crew list.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I think this is an awsome idea. It would be fun to see our crew run around. Maybe they could also deal with tokens.