Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question for One-Eyed Jack

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
As most of us know Kingsisle are sending out marco pollo's map in the mail

My question is this: Is it by mail? Or is it by email?

If it is mail to our homes will people in other continents ie Europe be getting it?

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Administrator
Hi!

These maps were mailed out to many existing Wizard101 players and should continue to arrive at homes this week and even possibly next. Of course, we had to have your physical mailing address on file so unfortunately we were not able to mail maps to many of our existing Wizard players. This promotion was US based only.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 28, 2008
Hey,

I'm not from the US. Personally I feel it's very unfair that only US players are being offered a free "prize" along with this map.
You wouldn't consider sending out a digital version of the map to all the players who are unable to receive it by regular post?

Thanks.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Continuing on about the map, if you don't mind.

Once we solve the code.
Is there a place we might be able to enter it or check it, to see if we are correct?

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Hi!

These maps were mailed out to many existing Wizard101 players and should continue to arrive at homes this week and even possibly next. Of course, we had to have your physical mailing address on file so unfortunately we were not able to mail maps to many of our existing Wizard players. This promotion was US based only.
Jack,
If I could trouble you with one more question in this regard.
I have 2 paid wizard101 accounts, their last subscription renewals were paid via CC (requiring my mailing address, etc), but when I just checked today, the information was not on file.
I updated my wizard101 account today.... Is it too late?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Peabotz on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Continuing on about the map, if you don't mind.

Once we solve the code.
Is there a place we might be able to enter it or check it, to see if we are correct?
Yes, you can always put the code into the redeem code web page from the Shop Icon at the top of the Pirate101.com website: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game?context=redeem

Administrator
English Bill on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Hey,

I'm not from the US. Personally I feel it's very unfair that only US players are being offered a free "prize" along with this map.
You wouldn't consider sending out a digital version of the map to all the players who are unable to receive it by regular post?

Thanks.
I'll pass your message along to Marketing.

Note that the code on the map can be used up to four times, so perhaps you could find a generous person out there that hasn't redeemed their code all four times.

Administrator
Dr Zeppers on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Jack,
If I could trouble you with one more question in this regard.
I have 2 paid wizard101 accounts, their last subscription renewals were paid via CC (requiring my mailing address, etc), but when I just checked today, the information was not on file.
I updated my wizard101 account today.... Is it too late?
Heya OFx,

The marketing promotion maps have all been sent out. You never know when something similiar to this will happen again though, so it is a good idea to keep your address updated.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
wow, once again shafted by not being in the US!

what is wrong with you people?

i have several accounts with KI, being in Canada has left me out of several promos and have to wait for you to distribute cards to Canada, what is up with that?

do you only want US residents to play your family game?

i just dont understand why everyone else is left out?

surely emails to regular paying members in other countries could have been included, shiver me timbers again!

my grandchildren love all the extras, too bad we don't get them

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Heya OFx,

The marketing promotion maps have all been sent out. You never know when something similiar to this will happen again though, so it is a good idea to keep your address updated.
One-Eye can you confirm that everyone with there address on file are getting them or is it just a a certain number.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Heya OFx,

Thanks for the response.
Too bad they apparently clear information on file without any notification, i've lived in the same place for 17 years, my info hasnt changed, wonder why they cleared it? oh well. Thanks again.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 29, 2011
One-Eyed Jack, I must have spent over 200+ Dollars in GAME cards with wizard101. I never used my credit card to buy anything in wizard101. HOWEVER, before the week head start began, I bought a Gandry bundle WITH my credit card and my Shipping info was in the purchase.

Will I still get this promotion since I bought the Gandry bundle with my credit card? Thanks!

Ensign
Oct 09, 2011
Perhaps put it in the crown shop or future packs for pirate101 ?

Community Leader
English Bill on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Hey,

Thanks.
Crissim,

Did you find someone to give you an extra key?

~ Springwolf

Ensign
Dec 17, 2008
Looking for a key. if anyone could help me out it would be great. been playing wizard's for years an pirates since alpha but always used my paypal account not my cc so nothing on file sadly = (

Ensign
Jan 06, 2009
I think I have one use left on my code. I'm happy to share it with someone, but I don't want to post it publicly in case someone snags it. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Ensign
May 17, 2009
One thing I noticed when redeeming my gift in game. I originally opened the gift window while on my Level 27 Swashbuckler and saw that the gift was a Level 28 companion. Instead of redeeming it then, I thought "Hey, wait. I can redeem this on my new Buccaneer character instead." So I went to my other character and opened the gift window and saw the same gift, Level 28 companion and clicked redeem. Then the window popped up saying congrats on you new Level 3 companion.

Alright, I get that new companions join your crew at or near the same level as your character, but the only reason I clicked redeem in this instance was because it said I was getting a Level 28 companion. You may want to check into this situation so that other people out there don't think the same way only to be really disappointed.

Ensign
Jul 28, 2008
Pirate's Portal on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
Crissim,

Did you find someone to give you an extra key?

~ Springwolf
Yes, I did.

I actually won one from a contest hosted by some of the members on a fansite.

I suggest others try do the same. This week a lot of people seem to have got their map, and many people are being kind & giving away codes.

Ensign
Dec 17, 2008
girlyfiedgirl on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
I think I have one use left on my code. I'm happy to share it with someone, but I don't want to post it publicly in case someone snags it. If you have any ideas, let me know.
if you would like to share it just let me know.

heres a friends code, only thing i can think off.

2H5XBKY0

thank you again = )

Community Leader
English Bill on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
Yes, I did.

I actually won one from a contest hosted by some of the members on a fansite.

I suggest others try do the same. This week a lot of people seem to have got their map, and many people are being kind & giving away codes.
Great!

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
Question, does Pirate101 memberships count? The reason I ask this is because I've been playing Wizard101 with a Pre-Paid membership all this time. And, I only managed to get an online membership from Pirate101.

Administrator
Bloodcross74 on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
Question, does Pirate101 memberships count? The reason I ask this is because I've been playing Wizard101 with a Pre-Paid membership all this time. And, I only managed to get an online membership from Pirate101.
Well, just from a timing perspective . . . if your address wasn't on file when the address list for the map was compiled over a month ago (I don't have information on the specific day or anything like that), then you won't get the map.

Ensign
Dec 16, 2008
I didn't get 1 and i live in the us with the mailing information i've had 2 months ago!!!

Ensign
Sep 05, 2011
bbaploop i live in canada to i know how you feel no prepaid in canada only us so unfair i had to pay by credit card i wish they put prepaid in canada and i wish i got the map pieces to of marco pollos map

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
I have 5 accounts, paid for 1 year each, and have not received any map yet :(