Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Iron Monkey Quest Is broken

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
I am on the promotion quest for my companion Egg Shen. I retrieved the bananas the Iron Monkey asked for he asked what was learned and then I am pulled into a fight. After the fight I go to talk to him again to turn in the quest and all he talks about is the bananas and I am pulled into the fight again. He has done this 3 times now. I cant turn in the quest or Promote Egg because of this please help.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
I had to fight the Iron Monkey twice before the quest would advance, the same as in Beta. I sent a bug report so KI do know about the problem, and I would expect it will be solved soon.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2009
I Fixed my Quest by starting the fight logging out when the fight starts then logging back in fixed it for me.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Here's a possible explanation. I know several people who have tried this quest with Egg Shen and Kan Po.

When you are in the fight, your companion, Egg Shen or Kan Po need (not only) to stay alive, but they are the ones that need to defeat the Iron Monkey.

A friend of mine had to battle three times. The first two times, he defeated the Iron Monkey and had to fight again. The third time, when his companion that needed the quest, defeated Iron Monkey, he was able to finish the quest.

That could be the reason why your companion keeps fighting over and over again.

Try it and see if it works for you!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I had to do this quest 4 or 5 times before the Iron Monkey advanced my Egg Shen. Keep at it and don't give up. Egg Shen will advance!

Ensign
Mar 31, 2009
Ok here is what you need to know its simple if you start the fight and you see him still out side the fight with the question mark you wont pass.

But if you start the fight and you dont see him out side just inside the fight its working.

My suggestion is to talk to him to start the fight. Once the fight starts force a log out. If when you log back in hes gone and in the center attackable it will work.

It will never work under any circumstance if your in the fight and still see him out side the fight.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I had to fight him twice both in beta and now for my Kan Po. I don't remember what I did differently in the 2nd round than the first, in fact it was almost a duplicat since he moved into the exact same spot and used the exact same skills in the exact same order, but as far as who made the final kill, I have no idea.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2010
I also had to fight him several times. The first time my pirate killed him. The 2nd time I let Kan Po, and that was it. It makes sense actually. Your companion having to do the actual fight. I know that this fixed the problem for me. Good Luck!

Ensign
Jul 28, 2012
BreckenPirateWitch on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I also had to fight him several times. The first time my pirate killed him. The 2nd time I let Kan Po, and that was it. It makes sense actually. Your companion having to do the actual fight. I know that this fixed the problem for me. Good Luck!
That's what I did too after the first try. It worked. Not sure, if that is intended though.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
Happened to me, too. The first round, I could see the master standing to the side with a question mark over his head. The second time, I didn't see him to the side, and the quest completed the way it was intended. I didn't do anything different between the two times, it just worked for me the second time.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
I've tried the workarounds on the Iron monkey only to end up back at the life fountain with no hit points. I have tried the logout every way I know and it didn't work. I'm really frustrated after trying over 10 times to defeat him.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
BreckenPirateWitch on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I'm pretty sure your companion doesn't need to do the killing blow. Otherwise that would be the combat objective. I know it makes sense from a story view but not from a game play view.

The problem, as I see it, is that when you talk to the Iron Monkey and he tells you to battle him, he appears in the fighting area and pulls you in to battle before you have a chance to finish the last quest objective (talk to the Iron Monkey) and get the next objective (defeat the Iron Monkey). I don't see any way around having to fight him more than once (if you have done it with only one battle, please let us know what you did) but you can do it only two times if, as soon as you have finished the battle, you run over to the Iron Monkey, talk to him, and skip through all his dialogue. You won't get pulled into the combat because you will have the invulnerability still on and this will allow you to update the quest objective correctly.

That said, it is an annoying bug that has been around since beta and could be fixed just by stopping the Iron Monkey from pulling you into battle as soon as he appears.

Ensign
Mar 23, 2011
I had to battle him two times.both of them my kan po defeated him, but the first time I saw him out.
so, I ended up fighting him twice.the second time he wasn't. so maybe just try something to make him be in the fight,not outside the fight.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I encountered the same thing and the guy's that let there companions make the killing blow, their right. I had to fight him two times with Egg Shen and the second time he made the killing blow. I was going to post this but then I forgot and good thing there's a post bout it now! One-Eye Jack or Pricklybeard, come over here!
Jacob Freeman lvl 16

Pricklybeard: Another name for Ratbeard which I hope it'll come popular and maybe then, just then, when the game make's it next expansion to lvl 60, Ratbeard would promote at lvl 57 and he would get a talent that revives him after he dies and he actually become's a pineapple with his clothes on. It'll be cool to see what he would do if KI implented this and I'm sry I was off topic but I would want his name to change at lvl 57 to Pricklybead so that's all.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
This has also happened with my crane btw and it took me 2 times to beat him